Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

11 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I always thought that should've been the lead single. Would've created a lot more excitement than KYE for the follow up to AI and 21CB deserved to do better in the charts and it would've if it was released as the 1st single instead of the 4th single

I think where they really dropped the ball was not making the most of East Jesus Nowhere. When the album came out that was the number one song all the interviewers asked about, but instead of being released as a major single with a killer video early on it was thrown away as a quietly not even worldwide released one without a proper video at the same time as 21st CB. I think Know Your Enemy was an OK first single, people would've been excited for any upbeat song they'd picked when they'd been away so long and critics were raving about the album at that point.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

I think where they really dropped the ball was not making the most of East Jesus Nowhere. When the album came out that was the number one song all the interviewers asked about, but instead of being released as a major single with a killer video early on it was thrown away as a quietly not even worldwide released one without a proper video at the same time as 21st CB. I think Know Your Enemy was an OK first single, people would've been excited for any upbeat song they'd picked and critics were raving about the album at that point.

I definitely agree with you about EJN as well. That song was another great song that didn't get the recognition it deserved. 21CB is filled with great songs like that

I think KYE was ok too, but when you have a single like 21CB and so many other amazing choices on the album, it seems strange to me to pick KYE as the first single

4 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I definitely agree with you about EJN as well. That song was another great song that didn't get the recognition it deserved. 21CB is filled with great songs like that

I think KYE was ok too, but when you have a single like 21CB and so many other amazing choices on the album, it seems strange to me to pick KYE as the first single

1-21CBD

2-21 Guns

3-KYE

4-Last of the American Girls

5-EJN

Just now, GreenDayTheory said:

1-21CBD

2-21 Guns

3-KYE

4-Last of the American Girls

5-EJN

I don't think LOTAG should've been a single either. Again, there were other tracks that had more potential imo

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think where they really dropped the ball was not making the most of East Jesus Nowhere. When the album came out that was the number one song all the interviewers asked about, but instead of being released as a major single with a killer video early on it was thrown away as a quietly not even worldwide released one without a proper video at the same time as 21st CB. I think Know Your Enemy was an OK first single, people would've been excited for any upbeat song they'd picked when they'd been away so long and critics were raving about the album at that point.

The is such a killer song and I'm disappointed it didn't receive more attention or was released as a single. 

2 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I don't think LOTAG should've been a single either. Again, there were other tracks that had more potential imo

Omg...you just reminded me that stupid song was a single. I think that's the worse song on the album. It's so flat and just boring and generic. I was so bummed when they released it as a single and it had a lame video. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I guess they wanted a simple punchy one to start, like that album's American Idiot. And then 21 Guns was that album's BOBD. I'm just sad that EJN wasn't it's Holiday like it should've been :P 

I think part of why 21st CB didn't do as well as it might have (after getting glowing 5 star reviews when it came out, some saying it was better than American Idiot etc) is that the AI musical happened a few months later and they opted to pretty much abandon all promotion of 21st CB in favour of promoting the musical (they quietly hurried out the 21st CB and EJN singles and that was it for promotion of anything but the musical and 21st CB songs that were in the musical). Might've just been that it already wasn't doing as well as they'd hoped and it just made more sense to go with the thing that was doing really well but it was a shame to see it overshadowed.

11 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

It was in the AI musical and better songs on the album weren't - surely the only reason it was picked.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I guess they wanted a simple punchy one to start, like that album's American Idiot. And then 21 Guns was that album's BOBD. I'm just sad that EJN wasn't it's Holiday like it should've been :P 

I think part of why 21st CB didn't do as well as it might have (after getting glowing 5 star reviews when it came out, some saying it was better than American Idiot etc) is that the AI musical happened a few months later and they opted to pretty much abandon all promotion of 21st CB in favour of promoting the musical (they quietly hurried out the 21st CB and EJN singles and that was it for promotion of anything but the musical and 21st CB songs that were in the musical). Might've just been that it already wasn't doing as well as they'd hoped and it just made more sense to go with the thing that was doing really well but it was a shame to see it overshadowed.

It was in the AI musical and better songs on the album weren't - surely the only reason it was picked.

I just followed the singles :lol: I don't like it that much though :P

If my desicion I would dropout LOTAG and add Viva La Gloria!

On Saturday, July 08, 2017 at 4:50 PM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I actually like the Sweet Children EP. I mean, it's obviously not the best thing they've ever done, not even close, but I like Sweet Children and Best Thing In Town. My Generation is an okay cover. I don't really like Strangeland though.

I freakin' love all of it. It's actually the reason why Kerplunk is my favourite album (pre-2000's). Those songs make me so happy and I love Billie's younger voice. There, my most unpopular opinion.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

I freakin' love all of it. It's actually the reason why Kerplunk is my favourite album (pre-2000's). Those songs make me so happy and I love Billie's younger voice. There, my most unpopular opinion.

I like Slappy :P

Haven't heard Sweet Children

• 3 weeks later...

1. I don't like Billie's lirycs anymore. He keeps on using the same old words again and again.

2. I hate Billie's posts on instagram. I mean... camon, you're 45! You can't post selfies every day! To show what, then? They're not even funny. 

14 minutes ago, Gechy said:

1. I don't like Billie's lirycs anymore. He keeps on using the same old words again and again.

2. I hate Billie's posts on instagram. I mean... camon, you're 45! You can't post selfies every day! To show what, then? They're not even funny. 

I didn't know there was an age limit on taking selfies :P. And he doesn't post them every day (unfortunately). It does make me laugh when he poses like an emo teenager in them but they're harmless, just a way to entertain himself and give his fans something to enjoy.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Gechy said:

That happens when you release 12 albums and lacking new words.:P

He's adorable though!:lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I agree, we had enough of his face. He should only post pictures of his bare ass.

We have one!:P

#BillieSendNudes:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I didn't know there was an age limit on taking selfies :P. And he doesn't post them every day (unfortunately). It does make me laugh when he poses like an emo teenager in them but they're harmless, just a way to entertain himself and give his fans something to enjoy.

I know, they're harmless, but at the same time they make me feel unconfortable! I prefer Mike's selfies... don't know why!!

• Like 1

And, sometimes I still wish Foxboro Hot Tubs would tell the whole world that Uno!, Dos! and Tre! are their (or its? I don't know, sorry) albums, not Green Day's. :(

3 hours ago, Gechy said:

I know, they're harmless, but at the same time they make me feel unconfortable! I prefer Mike's selfies... don't know why!!

I actually do get what you mean :lol:, Billie's are a bit awkward :P 

2 hours ago, Gechy said:

And, sometimes I still wish Foxboro Hot Tubs would tell the whole world that Uno!, Dos! and Tre! are their (or its? I don't know, sorry) albums, not Green Day's. :(

Why?

4 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Why?

Cos I don't like them :(

Foxboro is not Green Day, so Green Day would get rid of those three albums.

Don't know if you get what I mean.

14 hours ago, Gechy said:

Dos and Kill the Dj would :lol:

7 hours ago, Eric said:

Uno Dos and Tre are awesome :happy: 

Glad you like them! I hate hating their work... but I can't even listen to those albulms without cringing every time!

1 hour ago, GreenDayTheory said:

Dos and Kill the Dj would :lol:

And what about the video for Oh Love?

:cry:

Operation Ivy is better than Green Day

RevRad is okay, but definitely their worst album

2 hours ago, hym.jarred said:

Operation Ivy is better than Green Day

RevRad is okay, but definitely their worst album

No you can't say that! :P

Haven't really listened to Op.Ivy, only heard Knowledge but that one is great so can't really compare :P

RevRad is definitely not the worst!

3 hours ago, Gechy said:

Glad you like them! I hate hating their work... but I can't even listen to those albulms without cringing every time!

And what about the video for Oh Love?

:cry:

Oh Love is a garage rock song kinda,so it might go into a Foxboro Hottubs album!:lol:

• lizziebix featured this topic