Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Never mind the hose, I'm still waiting for someone to get knocked out by that damn tshirt cannon :lol: 

Free t-shirts >>>>> consciousness :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Maria Gloria said:

I've started giving him the finger when he sprays me and then he sprays me even more brutally with an evil grin :mad: 

In other news seeing as there's so much Nightlife/Dos hatred in the fandom right now I'll make my annual post about how I don't mind Nightlife and Dos is one of my favourite Green Day albums 💖

I'm totally going to do that next time :P

I like Dos too! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stacie Anne said:

Duck & hide! :lol: Fuckin hate that stupid hose. Thankfully I've never been caught with it, *knock on wood* I don't any time soon either!

1 hour ago, Maria Gloria said:

Billie and his bloody hose. I don't want to get soaked after I've been in the rain/freezing in line all day/night :P 

I love the hose, it's like a musical baptism :P I do think it's great though, the pit can get hot as fuck and it's really cooling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Another reason you are a younger me.  I don't either, well I will on special occasions, but as a general rule, I just don't have the time.  

Does lip balm count.

Now back to the unpopular opinions...

I like to wear make up and straighten my hair for a Green Day show/the day queuing up for it in full knowledge that it'll all be wrecked by the end - it's proof that it was a good show :lol:. Bring on the water gun to cool me down. Also no show will ever be as hot as Shepherds Bush (literally drenched in sweat, as wet as being in a shower, and my sister passed out from it) and I was happy to have beer poured on my head at FBHT so now all other amounts of heat and messed up hair and make up at Green Day shows is no problem in comparison.

14 hours ago, Hermione said:

I was happy to have beer poured on my head at FBHT so now all other amounts of heat and messed up hair and make up at Green Day shows is no problem in comparison.

Show off:happy::happyhands:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hermione said:

I like to wear make up and straighten my hair for a Green Day show/the day queuing up for it in full knowledge that it'll all be wrecked by the end - it's proof that it was a good show :lol:. Bring on the water gun to cool me down. Also no show will ever be as hot as Shepherds Bush (literally drenched in sweat, as wet as being in a shower, and my sister passed out from it) and I was happy to have beer poured on my head at FBHT so now all other amounts of heat and messed up hair and make up at Green Day shows is no problem in comparison.

The biggest mistake I ever made was wearing a beanie for a Green Day show.
My head was on fire.

7 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Show off:happy::happyhands:

Lol it was bad afterwards though, I must have absolutely reeked on the train home the next day. Did you know I also caught the worst illness I've had in my life at that show? A load of us had it and it was believed to be swine flu, felt like I was going to die hallucinating with fever and couldn't leave the house for two weeks. So there was a down side :P. But point being I usually look a state after a show so I accept it's likely to happen. Can't understand it when I see people who were near me not looking a state :lol:

7 hours ago, belinda jane said:

The biggest mistake I ever made was wearing a beanie for a Green Day show.
My head was on fire.

Oh god I wouldn't be able to stand it, think I would've ripped it off. I guess it does depend where you are though, at my first show I was over to the side and it was actually chilly.

• Like 1

See no matter how hot or cold it is, I am guaranteed to sweat at any concert. Because of my genes I sweat all year round, so I all gotta do is dance to one song and I'm a shiny mess. 

16 hours ago, Hermione said:

Oh god I wouldn't be able to stand it, think I would've ripped it off. I guess it does depend where you are though, at my first show I was over to the side and it was actually chilly.

Yeah, that wouldn't be too bad. Except I was in the corner in between where Mike and Billie stand on the barrier.
It was OKAY because I was on barrier and I had a bit of air - but still pretty bad, haha.

2 hours ago, belinda jane said:

Yeah, that wouldn't be too bad. Except I was in the corner in between where Mike and Billie stand on the barrier.
It was OKAY because I was on barrier and I had a bit of air - but still pretty bad, haha.

& you didn't want to throw it on the catwalk for BJ to wear - I can visualise him putting it on & going ah your sweat is fucking gross:ga:

32 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

& you didn't want to throw it on the catwalk for BJ to wear - I can visualise him putting it on & going ah your sweat is fucking gross:ga:

Hahaha he totally would do that, bastard.
I didn't wanna throw it up 'cause it was fucking expensive! :P

• Like 3

I don't really like Insomniac, which I know is the ultimate Green Day sin, since it seems to be the holy grail to a lot of fans. :lol: I don't know, I just never really got into it, either because it was too dark, or because the songs all sounded the same to me, I dunno. I'm sorry! :lol: 

• Like 3

Just now, 21guns&novacaine said:

I don't really like Insomniac, which I know is the ultimate Green Day sin, since it seems to be the holy grail to a lot of fans. :lol: I don't know, I just never really got into it, either because it was too dark, or because the songs all sounded the same to me, I dunno. I'm sorry! :lol: 

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! :wub: I don't like Insomniac at all.  One of the reasons I don't like it because the songs all sound the same.  There are some great lyrics, but he mumbles through the whole album so I have to read the lyrics to understand them.  I've actually listened to it from beginning to end a couple of times recently and each time I do that I like it less and less.  I went from thinking it is OK to really disliking it.   

• Like 1

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! :wub: I don't like Insomniac at all.  One of the reasons I don't like it because the songs all sound the same.  There are some great lyrics, but he mumbles through the whole album so I have to read the lyrics to understand them.  I've actually listened to it from beginning to end a couple of times recently and each time I do that I like it less and less.  I went from thinking it is OK to really disliking it.   

Exactly! :lol: If you read the lyrics to it, it's more meaningful, but if you have to read the lyrics every time to understand, it defeats the purpose of simply 'listening' to it. There's tracks that stand out to me, like Brain Stew and Westbound Sign, but a lot of them kinda melt together with the same grungy vocals and sound. Overall, it ranks pretty low on my favorite Green Day album list. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

You're wrong just wrong I respect your wrong opinions but wrong 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I am right.  You will get over it.  Here is a hug to help :hug:

I love the pyro! I don't think they overuse it at all, I love that I can predict when it'll happen :D 

Hate the hose though. I ducked behind a guy in Leeds and I think Billie tried to get to me but couldn't :lol: 

And I think 21CB is the only GD album without filler, go figure :lol: 

Insomniac is possibly my second favourite GD album now :P

• Like 3

A lot of demos suck, I just don't get the hype that they get except for the higher quality ones they release like demolicious.

• Like 1

Just now, Eric said:

A lot of demos suck, I just don't get the hype that they get except for the higher quality ones they release like demolicious.

I think the 21CB demo is awesome, probably better than the studio version

14 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

I think the 21CB demo is awesome, probably better than the studio version

Well yeah this sounds good, I am talking about ones that sound like someone just recorded it from their phone and dumbed down the quality just to make it sound like a demo or something.

Edited by Hermione
Please remove videos from quotes

8 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I wish he would mumble through Youngblood:D

• Like 2

• lizziebix featured this topic