Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

35 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I think people say it's filler just  like Christians inferno which I like more than I should.

I read "Christmas Inferno" and was very confused for a brief moment. :happyhands: I like it too. 

6 hours ago, straighttohell said:

Why do people dislike She's A Rebel? Just curious. Such an insanely catchy and fun song IMO...

The first I've heard of that. Although if I had to guess people probably just forget about it compared to the rest of the songs, likely because it's the shortest song of the album at just 2 minutes and just goes by so quickly, and it's not as epic sounding as a lot of other songs on the album. It wouldn't be my favourite on the album but it's still a great song and probably better than at least 2 other songs on the album. Even though it'd be considered one of the worst of AI, if it was on another album it'd probably be considered one of the best songs on that album

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

Who dislikes She's a Rebel????? News to me.

Damn, I could be totally wrong, for some reason got the vibe that people weren't into it...

7 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I like it, I don't get it either.

Am I making that up, or is there a handful of people who aren't into that tune? Thought I had seen a bunch of comments over the years of people who don't like it.

6 hours ago, Tinkle said:

I think people say it's filler just  like Christians inferno which I like more than I should.

Damn, yeah I dig both of those songs!

1 minute ago, straighttohell said:

Am I making that up, or is there a handful of people who aren't into that tune? Thought I had seen a bunch of comments over the years of people who don't like it.

No, I think you are right.  I've heard it before as well.

On 3/11/2017 at 1:41 PM, Billie Hoe said:

Eh, no I never really made that connection before :ermm:I like Youngblood, She's a Rebel not so much 

Out of curiosity, why don't you like She's A Rebel?

Just now, straighttohell said:

Out of curiosity, why don't you like She's A Rebel?

I don't "don't like" it, it's just that it's my least favorite of the album and it never really stood out to me like Youngblood does. I do like the song though :) I don't skip it when it comes on and I sing along to it, but I never really thought "oh man, i'm in the mood to listen to She's a Rebel" now. I don't know why. It's still a great song, but it pales in comparison to the rest of American Idiot. 

14 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I don't "don't like" it, it's just that it's my least favorite of the album and it never really stood out to me like Youngblood does. I do like the song though :) I don't skip it when it comes on and I sing along to it, but I never really thought "oh man, i'm in the mood to listen to She's a Rebel" now. I don't know why. It's still a great song, but it pales in comparison to the rest of American Idiot. 

Oh totally. I get you.. 

Different question, out of curiosity, why do people dislike Christian's Inferno? Apologies if this is the wrong thread for these q's...

Edited by straighttohell

12 minutes ago, straighttohell said:

Oh totally. I get you.. 

Different question, out of curiosity, why do people dislike Christian's Inferno? Apologies if this is the wrong thread for these q's...

I personally dislike Christians Inferno for a variety of reasons.  I don't think it flows well.  It goes from this kind of mellow, almost speaking angry tone to an annoyingly repetitive happy, boppy chorus.  The two pieces aren't that good to begin with and when they are put together it is like they mixed the wrong verse and chorus together.  To me it is just a poorly structured song.  

While I don't like Christians Inferno, I despise Youngblood with every fiber of my being.  I think it is quite possibly the worst song Billie has ever written.       

• Like 1

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

I personally dislike Christians Inferno for a variety of reasons.  I don't think it flows well.  It goes from this kind of mellow, almost speaking angry tone to an annoyingly repetitive happy, boppy chorus.  The two pieces aren't that good to begin with and when they are put together it is like they mixed the wrong verse and chorus together.  To me it is just a poorly structured song.  

While I don't like Christians Inferno, I despise Youngblood with every fiber of my being.  I think it is quite possibly the worst song Billie has ever written.       

I see what you're saying. Weirdly has the opposite effect on me. I dig the bi-polar schizophrenia of Christian's Inferno, dark and menacing one second and power pop the next... but I hear you!

I also like Youngblood. Not an all time fave or anything and I don't really take it super seriously, but I think it's just a sweet and silly love song, and I guess I'm a fan of that kind of thing. What do you dislike about Youngblood? The repetitiveness of it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, straighttohell said:

I also like Youngblood. Not an all time fave or anything and I don't really take it super seriously, but I think it's just a sweet and silly love song, and I guess I'm a fan of that kind of thing. What do you dislike about Youngblood? The repetitiveness of it?

The repetitive nature is part of it.  I think it has more to do with the cringeworthy lyrics.  It as if it was written by a 5 year old or a creepy stalker.  However, I said I would not repeat this, but it was fun live.  

I don't think I've spoken to you before.  Welcome, I'm always welcome to good conversation.

2 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

The repetitive nature is part of it.  I think it has more to do with the cringeworthy lyrics.  It as if it was written by a 5 year old or a creepy stalker.  However, I said I would not repeat this, but it was fun live.  

I don't think I've spoken to you before.  Welcome, I'm always welcome to good conversation.

Hi! Thanks dude!

I hear you about the lyrics. I think I just like the melody enough that my brain kind of forgives how cheesy the lyrics are, I like "She's the cedar in the trees of Minnesota..." and a couple other lines... but I definitely think they're cheesy as hell. It's like dumb fun that I can admit is shallow, but for whatever reason I'm just still down with it. Compared to other love songs Billie has written though, its way low on the list of faves.

• Like 4

Stuart & the Ave. is overrated. I see a lot of people saying it's their favorite but I think there are so many better songs on Insomniac.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AmyxLongview said:

Stuart & the Ave. is overrated. I see a lot of people saying it's their favorite but I think there are so many better songs on Insomniac.

Yep much prefer No Pride or Armatage Shanks :)

• Like 2

I know people who skip both She's a Rebel and Extraordinary Girl when listening to AI. They are crucial elements of AI's plot imo. After all, I see Letterbomb as the album's turning point and this couldn't have happened without the events that happen in EG :lol:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, straighttohell said:

I see what you're saying. Weirdly has the opposite effect on me. I dig the bi-polar schizophrenia of Christian's Inferno, dark and menacing one second and power pop the next... but I hear you!

Same for me! Plus as I always like to point out disliking a song that contains this shouldn't be allowed :P 

• Like 3

Re: Christian's Inferno, I agree the two parts don't go together at all, but I love the verses and the maniacal laughter bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Same for me! Plus as I always like to point out disliking a song that contains this shouldn't be allowed :P 

Oh my god that laugh sounds creepier without any music

13 hours ago, AmyxLongview said:

Yeah there's a lot of songs that people say are underrated and I just don't get it like S&tA. People say songs like Walking Alone or Prosthetic Head are underrated too. I don't see anything special about those songs either

What blows me away with Insomniac is the melodies (although it took me a second round of listening after not getting it AT ALL), and S&tA is clearly up there in that regard. The musical terms escape me but the way he goes up and down and the emphasis on Stu-AART and the ave-NNEEEW, never gets old to me. And the bass intro, hello.

• Like 1

Although I don't consider Warning my least favourite album, I can see why it would be to some. The sound of the guitar is so different, hardly any distortion at all. 

15 hours ago, AmyxLongview said:

Ahh no, have to disagree on this one. The melody in it is one of my favourites. 

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

That's amazing :lol: I personally love Christian's Inferno. I think it flows really well into Last Night On Earth (even though I'm not a fan of that song!) 

Stuart and the Ave is hands-down my favourite song off Insomniac. It'd comfortably fit into my top 20 GD songs 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

Stuart and the Ave is hands-down my favourite song off Insomniac. It'd comfortably fit into my top 20 GD songs 

It is not in my top 20 GD songs, but it is definitely my favorite off of Insomniac

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic