Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

I think the suggestion that Lou Taylor Pucci is a quality actor is a big part of the problem.

Fair enough. :lol: And oh god, their Whatsername... :sick:

• Like 1

An unpopular opinion? This thread shouldn't exist. :fuckyou:

But while we're here spewing all sorts of opinions that have already been said in the first thread, I guess I'll give it a wack.

1. Rest is hands down the worst GD song, Nightlife at least has a cool bassline, and I actually don't mind the song.

2. I hate their Knowledge cover.

3. Welcome To Paradise on Kerplunk is better imo. I liked the less polished version.

4. Dookie is a masterpiece. Not unpopular, but whateva, I do what I want. I can play it from beginning to end. Having A Blast, Longview, Basket Case, When I Come Around are my top GD songs.

5. Liquid Dookie would've been the better title.

6.When I said I could play Dookie from beginning to end, I lied. In the End isn't a bad song, but depresses me, and Emenius Sleepus should be on Insomniac.

7. Panic Song is probably my second favorite usage of bass besides Longview.

8. Nimrod was the last great GD record for me. NGFL, Hitchin A Ride, Scattered, Platypus, Take Back, Good Riddance. My lord!!

9. Warning is definitely my least favorite.

10. American Idiot, to me, isn't all that great. AI, JOS, BOBD, and Holiday are the standouts. Tad bit overrated if you ask me.

11. 21st Century Breakdown is my second least favorite GD album. Only song I still listen to is 21 Guns.

12. The trilogy hate here is unnecessary. Only complaint I can agree with is that many of the songs on Uno sound the same. All the other complaints, like the lyrics, are BS.

13. Stay The Night is better faster.

14. Stray Heart & Lazy Bones could've been a hit if marketed more.

15. Dirty Rotten Bastards suck.

16. Tre seems to get the most love, but I don't like it. If that's the direction they're going in, well I'll still listen, but I most likely won't like it.

17. People here still love GD and they always will, no matter how much they say they suck now.

:fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

• Like 1

17. People here still love GD and they always will, no matter how much they say they suck now.

♥ for this

Well, I don't know if this could be an unpopular opinion but, Foxboro's record should had been a Green Day record.

Totally agree with this.

• Like 1

I don't think that Green Day songs are played nearly enough on the radio. I think I hear them once a week, or every few days. Besides that I never hear the trilogy anymore.

Well, I don't know if this could be an unpopular opinion but, Foxboro's record should had been a Green Day record.

Oh no. No no no no no. It wasn't at all Green Day's style.

I don't think that Green Day songs are played nearly enough on the radio. I think I hear them once a week, or every few days. Besides that I never hear the trilogy anymore.

I haven't heard a Green Day song on the radio for nearly two years, and that was BOBD. And I only listen to rock radio stations.

Oh no. No no no no no. It wasn't at all Green Day's style.

Why not, huh???

I could say the same about the style of AI and 21stCB and Warning and the Trilogy and.... maybe the next record.

Why not, huh???

I could say the same about the style of AI and 21stCB and Warning and the Trilogy and.... maybe the next record.

The Foxboro Hot Tubs work though. Small band, club shows, foxxy music. The Reverend Strychnine Twitch.

The Foxboro Hot Tubs work though. Small band, club shows, foxxy music. The Reverend Strychnine Twitch.

Well the band tried to apply a "concept" about Garage Rock, they wore vintage clothes as a "uniform". On American Idiot they applied a concept about Rock Operas and wearing a uniform, the same for 21stCB.

So, I still think Foxies records should had been a GD one.

Well the band tried to apply a "concept" about Garage Rock, they wore vintage clothes as a "uniform". On American Idiot they applied a concept about Rock Operas and wearing a uniform, the same for 21stCB.

So, I still think Foxies records should had been a GD one.

I like it not being Green Day though. That style they went for wouldn't have fit a big band like Green Day. The whole name "Foxboro Hot Tubs" gives off a groovy, small band feel that they were able to deliver. They didn't have to live up to Green Day and the name Billie Joe Armstrong. It was more loose and fun.

I like the Trilogy! And I have no idea why people complain about it.

When the secret shows were happening and we were hearing these songs for the 1st time everyone loved it and loved the songs, suddenly the albums come out and half the people change there minds and hate it all of a sudden, 1 year later everyone hates it. And you know why....

Everyone has a short attention span these days, shiny new things are all people seem to want, then when its not new any more everybody hates it and keeps shouting about what they want next. Enjoy the now a little more!

1: cause it probably would've been a LOT better, i mean really green day, lose the tambourine and add some distortion!

2: There's that song Crushing Bastards from a secret show that we only know what it sounds like in really decent quality cause of this guy:

*complaint about this thread existing*

*17 point list in response to the thread*

*/hypocrisy*

You don't have to like the thread but there's no denying it's been pretty successful over the last 13 months :P

• Like 1

1: cause it probably would've been a LOT better, i mean really green day, lose the tambourine and add some distortion!

2: There's that song Crushing Bastards from a secret show that we only know what it sounds like in really decent quality cause of this guy:

1 that's what you would have liked on the record not what everyone wanted, I love the fact they were using less distortion!

2 Yeah people loved Crushing Bastards State of Shock (Sorry got songs mixed up), but that's certainly not the only song people were saying they loved, there weren't many songs that people weren't exited about pre to the albums being released.

2: There's that song Crushing Bastards from a secret show that we only know what it sounds like in really decent quality cause of this guy

Crushing Bastards is Loss of Control...

• Like 2

I like the Trilogy! And I have no idea why people complain about it.

When the secret shows were happening and we were hearing these songs for the 1st time everyone loved it and loved the songs, suddenly the albums come out and half the people change there minds and hate it all of a sudden, 1 year later everyone hates it. And you know why....

Everyone has a short attention span these days, shiny new things are all people seem to want, then when its not new any more everybody hates it and keeps shouting about what they want next. Enjoy the now a little more!

I agree, people need to slow down. Literally three days after Uno came out we were already making threads about Dos. Seriously people couldn't give it a week before they were moving on the next thing.

• Like 1

Crushing Bastards is Loss of Control...

no, a guy commented on that video that the song name was crushing bastards..

Green Day should let Tre write songs more often. The man came up with Like a rat does cheese for gods sake!

no he pieced it together from rap songs iirc

• Like 1

no, a guy commented on that video that the song name was crushing bastards..

He's assuming the name cause of the pic of the set list...

no he pieced it together from rap songs iirc

Either way he is a genius that never fails to make me smile

Edited by rageandlove1039

Crushing Bastards has a cool ring to it.

They should have just kept that name for "Loss of Control" and put another "Bastards" song on Dos, with a "Bastards" song on each album. At least that'd be a kind of half-assed throughline that tries to tie the Trilogy into a cohesive whole. Granted, they tried with the repeated "red lights flash", but I have no fucking clue what sort of theme that's trying to convey. :P

• lizziebix featured this topic