Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

changing the bands name was a mistake

But they had to change it. They did that cause they didn't wanna be mistaken for this other band in the same area called Sweet Baby.

• Like 1

The idea for this thread ran its course over a year ago, and is now a pointless and repetitive exercise in people expressing silly opinions almost entirely with a view to getting a rise out of someone.

• Like 2

I think AI has some of Tre's best drumming.

The idea for this thread ran its course over a year ago, and is now a pointless and repetitive exercise in people expressing silly opinions almost entirely with a view to getting a rise out of someone.

No. The old thread produced some quite interesting discussions on Green Day, the people, the music other things they've done. It did get a bit repetitive, but that has improved now that the Random Green Day Thoughts thread has been opened. As for getting a rise out of people? I doubt it. There were some healthy (or maybe not so healthy!) debates in the old thread, but I don't think anyone posted just to annoy people.

Apart from maybe Seagull, but what's new there? :P

I think AI has some of Tre's best drumming.

No. The old thread produced some quite interesting discussions on Green Day, the people, the music other things they've done. It did get a bit repetitive, but that has improved now that the Random Green Day Thoughts thread has been opened. As for getting a rise out of people? I doubt it. There were some healthy (or maybe not so healthy!) debates in the old thread, but I don't think anyone posted just to annoy people.

Apart from maybe Seagull, but what's new there? :P

Fair enough. This is my only my tri-monthly look in the hinterlands Green Day section of the forum anyway. :P If stuff like this keeps people happy, then why verily not sir!

Fair enough. This is my only my tri-monthly look in the hinterlands Green Day section of the forum anyway. :P If stuff like this keeps people happy, then why verily not sir!

It's actually probably one of my favourite threads! :P Green Day Chat ain't too bad - just stay out of the fangirls thread!

• Like 1

But they had to change it. They did that cause they didn't wanna be mistaken for this other band in the same area called Sweet Baby.

mine was purely for fun.. it would have been funny if they named themselves sweet baby children haha

Is it me or is Billies acting a bit dodgy in that video? At least at the start! :lol:

He's a pretty terrible actor, on film at least. Can't speak for his Broadway stuff.

How is this any different to any other thread in this godforsaken place? :P

It's actually probably one of my favourite threads! :P Green Day Chat ain't too bad - just stay out of the fangirls thread!

*shudders*
  • Like 2

Is it me or is Billies acting a bit dodgy in that video? At least at the start! :lol:

When isn't his acting a bit dodgy :lol:
  • Like 2

I think if they made the trilogy one double album, it could've been one of the better records they've put out and maybe could've won another grammy.

• Like 2

I think if they made the trilogy one double album, it could've been one of the better records they've put out and maybe could've won another grammy.

why? most of the songs would still be bad

Billie wasn't too bad when he played that ghostly betting man. That was quite cool.

There isn't enough quality in the Trilogy to make a double album. On album, yes - but it wouldn't win a Grammy.

I think it is quite popular to believe the trilogy should have been one album. But I do not think it would have changed much in the eyes of the mainstream. There still wouldn't be a song on their that would have charted at all on Hot 100 or gotten top 40 airplay, which is pretty much required if you want a Grammy.

To us on the forum, sure, if there was some quality control I think I could have viewed the trilogy fondly, but not much would have changed.

• Like 1

The only way it could possibly work would be to do a The Wall type thingno dialogue, no singing. Just play the album front to back with quality actors doing their best to channel emotion without saying anything. And look how well that worked for the "Jesus of Suburbia" video. :P

I think the suggestion that Lou Taylor Pucci is a quality actor is a big part of the problem.

• lizziebix featured this topic