Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Nice title for the topic!

Anyways, everyone knows I think the trilogy sucks, I don't need to say it again.

(This is my way of saying it again without being too annoying. :P )

• Like 3

Jollyroger118:

I HIGHLY doubt Money Money has anything to do with Cigarettes and Valentines at all. I mean does that really sound like what you think Green Day was gonna release after Warning? And the song C&V sounds nothing like The Network. And I also don't believe the Walk Away we know is from C&V, it's not really my favorite or anything but it does sound like it was written for the trilogy, it fits right in, especially on Tre.

* About your first question: Why not??? Some parts of the record sounds kind of old school Green Day style (especially roshambo). It sounds so different just for the synthezisers effects on this record.

* This record was release on September 30th in 2003, little bit time later after the band started to write the songs for AI.

* WhiteTim have said in 2010/2011 Mike Dirnt had said there was a song called "Walk Away" in C&V Sessions. I don't think is exactly the same version or the same song. Maybe the band just do another song with the same title or they re-recorded the song, who knows? I think that's the reason why some people relate this song to C&V Sessions.

Lady Nightlife:

No, just no. There's no way anything off of C&V made it onto Money Money 2020. The styles are just too incredibly different, none of the songs on Money Money 2020 fit with the theme C&V seems to have had, it's just improbable to the point of absurdity.

Synthesizers and some few changes on structures or arrangements in the songs and that's it, you get a different sound (Did you notice how similar is the song "Spike" to a demo from 2001-2002 called "What about today?"?). I know time ago the band and/or Rob Cavallo said C&V was a mixture between Nimrod and Warning, but I don't think that record was just like that (Personal opinion/observation: They always since "Kerplunk" release at least 1 song which is different to the sound of the rest of the record) If there's something I learned about this band is that EVERYTHING is possible. Maybe they were working on this project 2 or more years before, maybe it was an interval between C&V and AI or just a random idea which was developed in few sessions/weeks (Like Foxboro's project).

Who knows? That's just my humble opinion about the known facts.

Well, let's talk about another thing. First I love the title for this new thread and second (and here's my unpopular opinion/Blasphemy): I don't like Sam Bayer as Green Day videos director (Except AI and Holiday), Mark Kohr videos were more simple and funnier.

• Like 1

There's not only one smiley to express my disappointment.

But seriously, why ?

Cause GD sold out and isnt punk like Dookie etc

It'll be one of those reason he is very anti rock opera GD

• Like 1

Cause GD sold out and isnt punk like Dookie etc

It'll be one of those reason he is very anti rock opera GD

It's not their fault if AI worked well.

21cb, I can understand because of the copy-paste of AI and the overproduction, but AI, it's..... I find it very ambitious and well written and... And I love every song from it.

It's the first time I hear this (unpopular) opinion :D

• Like 3

21cb, I can understand because of the copy-paste of AI and the overproduction, but AI, it's..... I find it very ambitious and well written and... And I love every song from it.

Hey I don't agree with dude

I also dont agree with your 21st opinion lol

It's not a copy/paste of AI as far as production its what the album required if 21st used the same production as AI or past GD albums itd make the trilogy production sound like the holy grail of albums lol (and ibdont mind the trilogy production unlike the others)

Yeah 21st is more produced than the past albums (and Butch is one reason for that as Butch is much more technical producer than Rob is) but also cause the songs and there for the album demanded the production... I dont think Rob could've done it 21st wouldve been a totally different album and maybe been more of a AI rip off as Butch was responsible for helping GD to do different songs for it

For AI I do disagree with ambitious as it really wasnt there nothing on itbthat hadnt been before AI IS a great album and as you said very well written and performed album it's their best album done so far (tho I do have 1 or 2 albums of theirs above it but thats for personal opinion and will admit AI is better album than them both skill and lyric wise)

This is GD opinion thread. I'll explain it more one day in a blog. But people are quite mad when I am shitting over their favorite album.

P.S. #truefans

This is GD opinion thread. I'll explain it more one day in a blog. But people are quite mad when I am shitting over their favorite album.

P.S. #truefans

Be pretty boring if everyone just posted their opinions without any explanation! You don't have to of course, but explaining and discussing unpopular opinions is encouraged in this thread as well as just stating them.

• Like 1

P.S. #truefans

You and that true fan crap...

• Like 1

I cringe everytime I read the Norwegian death metal "joke", it wasn't creative the first time anyone copied Billie's joke about their future and it's not now either (sort of saw it twice yesterday). So I wish Billie hadn't done it.
  • Like 1

Where does the joke actually come from?

From a movie. Well actually it didn't make it into the movie.

• Like 4

• lizziebix featured this topic