Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Sassafras's lyrics have always seemed to repetitive for me. Musically on par, though.

• Like 1

I've paid more attention to the bassline since you first mentioned that to me—still no love. Compared to "Longview" and "Stuart and the Ave." it's just not a favorite for me. And considering "Longview" was what fired them into the maisntream your argument is invalider. Yes, I just said invalider. :P

What Makes You Beautiful fired One Direction into the mainstream, is that a good song?

Your use of invalider makes your argument invaliderer ;)

• Like 2

What Makes You Beautiful fired One Direction into the mainstream, is that a good song?

Your use of invalider makes your argument invaliderer ;)

It's a well-constructed radio hit. :ga: But seriously, fuck One Direction.

As I've said before, it's jarring and different, but the bassline gives it such a great groove and the lyrics are quite unique. So your argument's invalidererer. ;)

• Like 1

It's a well-constructed radio hit. :ga: But seriously, fuck One Direction.

As I've said before, it's jarring and different, but the bassline gives it such a great groove and the lyrics are quite unique. So your argument's invalidererer. ;)

It pains me to say you're right there :P Fuck them indeed. But not in a willy way.

It's the jarring...nicity that I don't like about it, but if that appeals generally then I can understand liking it. I like it live because there's major dynamic contrast between the verse and chorus, on the record it's slightly too compressed to have as big an effect as it should. But yeah, obviously I love the bassline and Billie's noodly guitar bit at the end. #invaliderererer

I like it live because there's major dynamic contrast between the verse and chorus, on the record it's slightly too compressed to have as big an effect as it should. But yeah, obviously I love the bassline and Billie's noodly guitar bit at the end. #invaliderererer

Really? For me it's always a surprise when the chorus comes in on the studio version because it's always way louder than I was anticipating. *shrugs* Maybe I got a defective copy. :P

#invalidererererer

• Like 1

Really? For me it's always a surprise when the chorus comes in on the studio version because it's always way louder than I was anticipating. *shrugs* Maybe I got a defective copy. :P

#invalidererererer

Like that defective copy of Church On Sunday everyone got? :P

• Like 1

Which part of "I WANNA DROP OUT" repeated a bunch of times is poetic?

I've always thought it was actually "I wanna jump out" no ? :P

Edited by mrduckygoosy
  • Like 1

Like that defective copy of Church On Sunday everyone got? :P

Oh my god that bit annoys me every fucking time. Why did they think that was a good idea?!

• Like 1

Oh my god that bit annoys me every fucking time. Why did they think that was a good idea?!

I love it!

Which is why they thought it was a good idea, clearly.

• Like 2

I love it!

Which is why they thought it was a good idea, clearly.

#invaliderererererer times infinity.

• Like 1

But yeah, obviously I love the bassline and Billie's noodly guitar bit at the end.

Noodly :lol:

There's no "game." I just feel like you hate everything the band does, and maybe you don't belong on this forum.

>implying Green Day Community actually likes Green Day

Back to Unpopular Opinions...shit, can't think of one. I don't like "Sassafras Roots".

GTFO :mad:

The "defective" part in Church on Sunday is awesome!

• Like 2

The "defective" part in Church on Sunday is awesome!

Yes even though I was pissed the first time because I thought the CD was scratched :P

What is the defective part?

If I promise to go to church O-ON Sunday...

Back to Unpopular Opinions...shit, can't think of one. I don't like "Sassafras Roots".

On the one hand I agree that Sassafras Roots is rather bland compared to the other songs. But on the other hand, I can't help but feel pity for the song since it's one of the 'forgotten' songs on Dookie. That, and Emenius Sleepus (another song IMO that doesn't really make any sense but at the same time, can't help but pity).

Hey, the thing's chord progression (?) is quite similar to Life During Wartime.

• lizziebix featured this topic