42 Years of Billie Joe [BJ Birthday Thread/10k Spam]

beejeezee

It's been a little over three years since I joined this forum; November 30, 2010. In a couple months, I'll be going on four months. I haven't been around as long as some people, to be quite honest four years isn't really an impressive milestone. There are people on this site alone who have been a Green Day fan longer than I can claim to be. I wish I could say I've been there since day one. I was barely a thought in my parent's heads at the time. While it's only been a short while, these past few years have been some of the best of my life. I've made some amazing friends and met remarkable people. I discovered the greatest fandom on the planet. The great memories I have made are going to stick with me for a lifetime. In this short time with this band and this site I've managed to rack up a few posts. I guess that's an understatement, a little more than a few posts. 10,000 to be exact.

The first day I joined is a fresh memory. I was young, obsessed with this new band I had discovered, and innocent. I quickly learned a few things. One was that Billie Joe was the greatest person I had ever heard of. The other, that reaching ten thousand posts was a major achievement on this site. Ever since the day I joined I've had three dreams; Reach 10,000 posts, make Billie Joe's birthday thread, and be GDC's Biggest Billie fan. For the past couple of years I have been trying hard to make two of these dreams a reality. Sadly, every year the sweet victory is stolen right out of my grasp. Today I am proud to say I have finally reached ten thousand posts, and honored to be the person making the 42nd Billie Joe Birthday Thread.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about making a thread like this, just to be able to say I actually did it. Considering how many people are on this site, I'm shocked it finally happened. A few months ago I really became determined that this year I would be the one making the Billie Joe thread. I knew I wanted to make it, I knew I wanted it to be my 10,000th post, and I knew I wanted it to be special. What I didn't know was, what the fuck am I going to say? I tried over and over to com with a perfect way to start this thread, and I could never find the right words. After all this time I had to say something about Billie. I had to sum up everything about him in to one simple post. How could I sum up how important this man is to me and kick off the next year of his life? I guess the best way is to start at the beginning.

On this very same day, 42 years ago, way back in 1972 a little boy was born. Nobody could have known at the time, but that little boy was going to grow up to be the most important person in my life and many other lives as well. Starting off with Look for Love at the young age of 5, to the Trilogy just this past year. Billie Joe has shared his story, his life, his rage, and his love with the world; and given lost teenagers, like myself, someone to follow, someone to look up to, and someone to trust. I've been a fan of Green Day since August 2010, when my mom bought me the Transformers soundtrack. One fateful day I happened to listen to the full thing, instead of the first track as I had made a habit of. The second song on the album? 21 Guns. Which had come out a year prior. That day changed my life forever.

I could go on and on about my experiences with this band, but today is all about Billie Joe. Billie Joe is my hero, and the one person on the planet I idolize. He's a beautiful spirit. I wish I could explain to everyone, let alone myself, how important he is to me. But I can't. I can't get the words out of my head to describe why I love this man so much. Enough that I would be willing to go to the ends of the earth for him. He's not perfect, I know that. But it's all the tiny imperfections that make him human, and make me love him even more. His jacked up teeth, funny nose, weird habits. I really love this man, and everything he has gone through kills me. The breakdown at the iHeartRadio event was tragic, I couldn't watch the show for ages afterwards. It makes me so happy to see Billie good and healthy again. I hope someday I'll be able to meet him and thank him for everything he has done for the fans and for himself.

Happy Birthday Billie Joe, and I hope there are many, many, many more to come. :wub:

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratualtions on 10k posts!! And also, this is a lovely OP! Happy (slightly early) birthday to that little fluff muffin. :ga::wub::bunny::banana: What's disturbing is... he still doesn't look older than like, 30. :mellow:

This one is also Kyle's 10k post spam that he's entitled to :P

My 10k post spam/Billie birthday thread/Billie birthday spam. :lol:

Congrats on 10k BBY! :hug::wub: and Happy Birthday, BILLIE (NOT YET, I will write a emotional post and post it when it's officially Billie's b-day :blush:)

I'd like to mention that Tristen and I plotted this shit :ga: It breaks my heart that I couldn't start the b-day thread for this very special man, but yeah... </3 maybe next year...

-----------------------------------
4lNByae.gif

Can I just say Billie?

CELLS.

:P

Happy birthday to the man who saved my life and made me the person I am today!

Oh no Im going to tear up.

I'd like to take a brief moment to remind everyone of the other national holiday tomorrow; national cabbage day. Amazing.

Tom and I already called the best parts anyway!

Fine, I called dibs on all of him. :thumbsup:

Is this a thread for Billie's b-day or is it "spam"? I'm confused. :unsure:

Tom and I already called the best parts anyway!

SCUSE ME :rolleyes:

SCUSE ME :rolleyes:

Is this a thread for Billie's b-day or is it "spam"? I'm confused.

I was under the impression it's both :P

How can any of you pick favorites? I love every part of his body too much to select one little part.

Archived