Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

lizziebix

What's a mud room?

Usually a small room with an entrance from the outside to the inside where you can store your coats and "muddy" boots and such.

• Like 2

The Grouch is Tracy

Holy cow! Listen, if your current job doesn't work out, I have an old house that needs to be painted and a few other projects that need attention. You can just move into the spare bedroom for the duration. ;lol:

Thanks,I'll paint that too...... It was just very therapeutic at the time to feel like I was doing something!

Usually a small room with an entrance from the outside to the inside where you can store your coats and "muddy" boots and such.

Yep, and In our case bicycles too.

Iva

*waves*

Started my IR therapy this week. Was about time. Throughout April, my mind was so foggy that I was barely able to write letters/e-mails and converse in general.

lizziebix

Said in your status: Nice to see you around again and hopefully feeling better. Missed your sorry ass around her A LOT! :P

• Like 1

Iva

My sorry ass (kekeke :P) spent April on GTT and IR tests, got diagnosed with IR and while metformin is a temporary solution, I'm yet to schedule all the things that need to be checked to confirm PCOS. At the same time, I was trying to keep up with promotion of the newest album from, well, that other man...

...but I found some time, as I one-sidedly ditched my other half. Just...suddenly, I didn't feel a thing.

I got so used to sleeping from, say, late July on; that I'm now confused that I'm waking up after a normal amount of sleep and that trying to sleep more results in headaches. Can't wait for the weather to stabilise, so I can bike the hell out of my sorry ass.

lizziebix

Took me a while to figure out exactly what you were saying (a glossary would have been a big help) but I, think, you're doing better and finally have a diagnosis.

Don't understand the the ditching your other half? Mark? That needs to be discussed.

Glad you're getting normal sleep. Too much and too little are never good. Just like Goldielocks, "just right" is the best. :)

• Like 1

The Grouch is Tracy

*waves*

Started my IR therapy this week. Was about time. Throughout April, my mind was so foggy that I was barely able to write letters/e-mails and converse in general.

I'm so happy you're back!

• Like 1

The Insider

My husband's away for mothers day - my daughter has booked brunch - I just have to pay for it ;)

• Like 1

The Grouch is Tracy

My husband's away for mothers day - my daughter has booked brunch - I just have to pay for it ;)

Aww...cute! I asked my daughter what the plans were for Mothers Day and I got a very snotty "how am I supposed to know?!" back...... Hmmm... Something to look forward to I guess!

• Like 1

lizziebix

So since we moved mom into a independent living facility she has refused to go to the dining room for meals (with all those "old" people). When I suggested we have Mother's Day brunch there with the family she looked at me shocked and yes, emphatically, NO! Man she really doesn't like "old" people! Oh wait, she's old!! :lol:

• Like 2

Iva

Just wrote a follow-up in The Medical Thread, if anybody cares to look.

Marilyn, like your mom's attitude to a certain extent. :)

As for Mark, well, yes. I am aware that this is not the right way of doing things in most cases, but in this case, I find it acceptable. Sometimes protecting myself has got to be my priority and since he's shown zero empathy after my tests in April and continued babbling about Jung, I thought a bit and realised that I don't believe him anymore.

• Like 1

The Grouch is Tracy

Sigh...... the first day in about 3 months that I haven't felt totally overwhelmed with my teenager. yay?

The Insider

Sigh...... the first day in about 3 months that I haven't felt totally overwhelmed with my teenager. yay?

it helps me to think what a shit I was - that's how I get though it.

• Like 1

The Grouch is Tracy

it helps me to think what a shit I was - that's how I get though it.

My mom says that it serves me right for how horrible I was as a teen! I am just trying to shrug it off whenever I can.....because my mom is right as usual!

• Like 1

Snows

I don't want this thread to disappear.

The Grouch is Tracy

I don't want this thread to disappear.

Me either.... I have been so busy since starting a new job a couple of months ago.

I do have an awesome dad story to share though:

My daughter's grade 8 graduation was Tuesday evening. My husband's bicycle chain came off as he was riding home from work early and he had a really bad crash. He managed to get back on his bike and got home using the one remaining pedal that worked, and the one arm he could still bend. He snuck in through the side door and hobbled upstairs, he cleaned off the cuts and scrapes on his legs, chest, and arm, and tried to bandage himself up. He told me what had happened, but didn't want to miss the ceremony, or make my daughter upset, so, against my better judgement, I agreed. He came downstairs looking a little pale, in along-sleeved shirt, and we left for the ceremony.

We took him to the hospital afterwards, and he has fractured his humerus, and has bruises and muscle damage on his right side from his shin to his neck.

Awesome dad, but holy crap, he scares me every day on that damn bike!

The ironic part is that he works at a hospital and had just left work when he crashed.....

lizziebix

Sorry guys, I've been complaining in the work, adult, and angry thread over all my over 30+ issues.

Mentioned it one of those but it's good here too. When I cleaned up my desk on Tuesday, the only thing I left on my bulletin board is my "I'd Rather be at a Green Day Concert" bumper sticker! I know my priorities!

• Like 2

The Insider

Me either.... I have been so busy since starting a new job a couple of months ago.

I do have an awesome dad story to share though:

My daughter's grade 8 graduation was Tuesday evening. My husband's bicycle chain came off as he was riding home from work early and he had a really bad crash. He managed to get back on his bike and got home using the one remaining pedal that worked, and the one arm he could still bend. He snuck in through the side door and hobbled upstairs, he cleaned off the cuts and scrapes on his legs, chest, and arm, and tried to bandage himself up. He told me what had happened, but didn't want to miss the ceremony, or make my daughter upset, so, against my better judgement, I agreed. He came downstairs looking a little pale, in along-sleeved shirt, and we left for the ceremony.

We took him to the hospital afterwards, and he has fractured his humerus, and has bruises and muscle damage on his right side from his shin to his neck.

Awesome dad, but holy crap, he scares me every day on that damn bike!

The ironic part is that he works at a hospital and had just left work when he crashed.....

Great Dad - it really is so important to be there on these occasions for the kids. It only happens once. :)

• Like 1

Iva

Sorry guys, I've been complaining in the work, adult, and angry thread over all my over 30+ issues.

Silly Marilyn, the adult thread is for 20-somethings and their materialism. :o

I was scared of coming here for two weeks because I have failed to make a birthday gift for a friend on time and I still have not made it, and I doubt our friendship, as pretty much my friendships with everybody on here other than this one girl who is able to open up in the way I expect people to. Any tips you would give to this thread's second youngest member on this kind of a doubt? I should've mastered this by 18, but I still haven't at 31 and counting...

The Grouch is Tracy

I was scared of coming here for two weeks because I have failed to make a birthday gift for a friend on time and I still have not made it, and I doubt our friendship, as pretty much my friendships with everybody on here other than this one girl who is able to open up in the way I expect people to. Any tips you would give to this thread's second youngest member on this kind of a doubt? I should've mastered this by 18, but I still haven't at 31 and counting...

Awww....don't be so hard on yourself. I really enjoy interacting with some awesome people -yourself absolutely included-on GDC, but it is after all a fan site for Green Day fans. Not to say that we can't make some long-lasting and true friendships, but not everyone may be as ready as others to get that deeply into a relationship.

That sounded more negative than I meant it to, and I am basically a hermit except for family and work interactions, so please don't take advice or offence from me. I just mean that everyone is different, and may be looking for different levels of friendship.

Anyway, I think you are a wonderful person, so there!

• Like 3

lizziebix

I guess I use the Adult Thread to talk about selling of my mom's house and the stress of it and a few other random items related to be the parent to my mom. Some get it some don't. It's okay. (So nothing GD related!)

Your friend will love your gift whenever you get it to them. Late is still remembered. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are fabulous and I'm sure your friend knows and believes that too.

• Like 2

Iva

Thank you both. :hug:

I just see all the things I couldn't when Lexapro was numbing me down and it's hard to get used to being upset and emotional over people being people again.

Also, Nicky, this is the best I could do, after I realised that you cannot use an animated avatar on here. If you don't know how to put it up, please, tell me and I'll make a tutorial type of a thing.

s6ir.png

The Insider

Thanks Iva - have a really busy week with interviews etc - I will play around with it when I get a chance - no hurry since I have been posting for 1.5 years without one :)

The Grouch is Tracy

Ack..... Last day of July tomorrow! No.......

Iva

Funny that you say that, this person I know, sharing your birthday, got married on that particular date.

Seriously, what's wrong with July 31st? Does it remind you of something bad?

• Like 1