The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

The Grouch is Tracy

Oh God....it's only 10:30 and I feel like I've been up for at least 23.5 hours already. (I haven't!) American Idiot was pretty good on Monday; not quote as good as I had hoped, but not nearly as bad as I feared. The actors/singers all looked about 17 years old though! Have any of you seen the musical yet? Any plans to?

Iva

I would love to, but I cannot imagine it coming anywhere close.

And shit, I aged since my last post in this thread. :o

• Like 1

Snows

I would love to see it, but I doubt that they come to Europe (excluding UK, of course)... :(

lizziebix

We saw AI in NYC 2x together and I went to see it with Billie once. And then we saw it again in Chicago. Big difference in age and talent from NYC to the national (and now regional) tour we thought. But still very enjoyable every time. Pretty sure if Billie's nephew had played in Chicago I would have twisted hubby's arm to go again!

The Grouch is Tracy

We saw AI in NYC 2x together and I went to see it with Billie once. And then we saw it again in Chicago. Big difference in age and talent from NYC to the national (and now regional) tour we thought. But still very enjoyable every time. Pretty sure if Billie's nephew had played in Chicago I would have twisted hubby's arm to go again!

Aaauuuggghhh.... I would kill to see Billie!

lizziebix

I have to say it was amazing. Since I'd seen the show before I spent every moment he was on stage (even when in the shadows) just watching him.

The only sad part was the people next to me were not Green Day fans and didn't really know much about the show or who Billie Joe is. L( But I sang anyway and had a great time!

The Grouch is Tracy

I have to say it was amazing. Since I'd seen the show before I spent every moment he was on stage (even when in the shadows) just watching him.The only sad part was the people next to me were not Green Day fans and didn't really know much about the show or who Billie Joe is. L( But I sang anyway and had a great time!

Yay for you! I am jealous, but happy you were there to cheer him on.

• Like 1

lizziebix

Yay for you! I am jealous, but happy you were there to cheer him on.

Thanks! It was pretty exciting. I actually left hubby at home and went by myself. Hadn't traveled alone in a long time and it was a blast. Met some Irish GDC'ers and some US GDC'ers. Spent time with my niece and saw Billie. A perfect 48 hours in NYC!

The Insider

I can't wait for this to come to OZ. I met a lady on IN forum from England who flew to NY to see it when billie was performing. She went by herself.

norcalgreendayfan

I wish i could have seen it with Billie

lizziebix

WHO THE HECK CAME IN HERE AND DELETED OUR LAST (SILLY YES) CONVERSATION? :mad:

norcalgreendayfan

WHO THE HECK CAME IN HERE AND DELETED OUR LAST (SILLY YES) CONVERSATION? :mad:

you?

Iva

Eh? What has been deleted?

lizziebix

Never mind. Whoever did it didn't like our silly posts in here. Oh well.

Back on topic. Whatever topice we were discussing...please feel free to resume. :)

norcalgreendayfan

Never mind. Whoever did it didn't like our silly posts in here. Oh well.

Back on topic. Whatever topice we were discussing...please feel free to resume. :)

What were we discussing?

lizziebix

The deleted posts weren't really conversation so let's just forget it and move on.

So anyone excited for FBHT's in Austin? Do you like the Tubbies as much as Green Day?

norcalgreendayfan

The deleted posts weren't really conversation so let's just forget it and move on.

So anyone excited for FBHT's in Austin? Do you like the Tubbies as much as Green Day?

I just wish I could see them but I just am believing that it is not meant for me to ever see them live as the tubbies

Snows

I really love The FBHT! I would love a second album and some gigs here... :cry: A FBHT gig seems to be a-we-so-me.

lizziebix

I just wish I could see them but I just am believing that it is not meant for me to ever see them live as the tubbies

I'm with you on this one, Jerry. Seems so unlikely FBHT would ever play somewhere near where I'm at, at a time I could go, etc. *sigh* Oh well.

norcalgreendayfan

I'm with you on this one, Jerry. Seems so unlikely FBHT would ever play somewhere near where I'm at, at a time I could go, etc. *sigh* Oh well.

Yeah exactly can't catch a break

The Grouch is Tracy

Did any of you buy the Foreverly album?

lizziebix

I got mine from my mom for Christmas/Chanukah. It's still in it's wrapping! Along with Cuatro and the AI documentary. I really need to get my act sorted and download them to my computer!

• Like 1

norcalgreendayfan

Did any of you buy the Foreverly album?

Yeah I got mine from amazon so I got both the digital version and the Cd with it.

Iva

I don't have a copy of my own yet, but I'm planning to get one soon.

The Insider

I really don't like this kind of music - but I loved the pics & I loved that he did it.

If he ever did tour with it though - I would see it in a heartbeat.