The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

lizziebix

Omg I just found this... Totally what I've been thinking we should have for years. For those of you who don't know me, I'm definitely over 30, and definitely not a closet fan... any more!

I used to hide my epic fan girl moments and even lied to my family that my 2009 trips for the 21CB tour were for work. In 2010 I had an epiphany and just told everyone exactly what I was doing, where I was going and why. Best thing ever! Now my family, friends and colleagues just shake their heads and smile when I say I'm off to see Green Day again. One of the things I love about the Green Day community is our ability to accept people from all walks of life, backgrounds and ages.

I'm terrible with people's user names but Lizziebix I've met; Luv, we should def try and catch up at one of the Soundwaves; The Grouch, have we met?

Nice to see you around again. And yes, we met at Lolla (I'm Marilyn btw) when we were all hot, sweaty, tired and exhilirated after the show! And then again last April in Rosemont. You were with, I forget her name, but she's from the area and you guys almost ran us over after the show!

carasway

Hi Marilyn, omg, sorry. I remember that, I was driving this awful rental and struggling with the whole wrong side of the road thing. Lisa ( i think she goes by riot girl on here) is the one from near Chicago. She was at Lolla too.

lizziebix

Hi Marilyn, omg, sorry. I remember that, I was driving this awful rental and struggling with the whole wrong side of the road thing. Lisa ( i think she goes by riot girl on here) is the one from near Chicago. She was at Lolla too.

My husband was the one that had spotted you driving and thus almost running us over! Actually you were in the middle of a ton of people walking the opposite direction so I'm pretty sure I would have been struggling myself. And I know how to drive on "the right side" of the road!

Lisa! That's right. I talked to her when I first joined and I remember people were meeting up with her after Lolla. We were too tired and sweaty to join.

Think there's actually a sweaty picture of all of us somewhere on this forum too! (Along with Nikki from Australia also (but not luv Nicky) and Jenni (bringonjennifury) from Wisconsin.

• Like 1

The Insider

I have been to the US - didn't have the guts to drive :) probably worse off though cause I can't navigate to save myself.

Iva

I saw somebody whose age is 58 in one of the Aussie tour threads.

The Insider

Wasn't me :lol:

Iva

I know it wasn't you. This person has only two posts, but it would be fun to have her here once she's posted 98 more times.

By the way, would you want an avatar? I thought about this on the bus today, how it bothers me that you have almost 1000 posts and no avatar, so...can I make something nice for you? :)

The Insider

I know it wasn't you. This person has only two posts, but it would be fun to have her here once she's posted 98 more times.

By the way, would you want an avatar? I thought about this on the bus today, how it bothers me that you have almost 1000 posts and no avatar, so...can I make something nice for you? :)

I probably wouldnt know how to upload it - but I love the pic of billie's instagram when he was playing the spoons - my nickname for him is spoonman (Aussies love nicknames) :ga:

• Like 1

The Grouch is Tracy

Iva, you're so sweet!

• Like 1

norcalgreendayfan

Hi everyobe glad to see an over 30s group again

• Like 3

lizziebix

What's the username? Just out of curiousity, of course!

JJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

How the heck are you?

Iva

I'm struggling to remember it, searched both threads, perhaps it was not an Aussie tour thread after all. The person is female, has two posts and no avatar.

Pleased to meet you. :)

Iva, you're so sweet!

*blusg* Thanks. :)

I probably wouldnt know how to upload it - but I love the pic of billie's instagram when he was playing the spoons - my nickname for him is spoonman (Aussies love nicknames) :ga:

I thought that was the thing for whisking eggs? I'm d00mb, LOL. But yes, I can make it for you and I'll show you how to upload it.

• Like 1

lizziebix

I'm struggling to remember it, searched both threads, perhaps it was not an Aussie tour thread after all. The person is female, has two posts and no avatar.

Well, that doesn't help me much at all. :lol:

• Like 1

Iva

Don't add more frustration to my frustration (you have not seen what I'm like when I can't remember something :P). I'm trying. If I could remember what the name contained, that would be a good start.

Maybe it was in the Aussie shows thread, the secret show thread? Hmmm...

lizziebix

Don't add more frustration to my frustration (you have not seen what I'm like when I can't remember something :P). I'm trying. If I could remember what the name contained, that would be a good start.

Maybe it was in the Aussie shows thread, the secret show thread? Hmmm...

Oh, Iva, it's really not that big a deal. Seriously. Besides if the person doesn't ever post to 100 we'll never know them anyway!

• Like 1

Iva

To me it is, I need to remember. I feel like Tom in that "Old Rocking Chair Tom" cartoon now. I only need to make sure somebody else swallows a steam iron. :o

The Grouch is Tracy

Hi and welcome!

Wow....great detective work!

norcalgreendayfan

JJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

How the heck are you?

Hey Marilyn I'm ok work work work, dealing with my demons y'know

Hi and welcome!

Wow....great detective work!

Hello and thank you.

Pleased to meet you. :)

*blusg* Thanks. :)

I thought that was the thing for whisking eggs? I'm d00mb, LOL. But yes, I can make it for you and I'll show you how to upload it.

Likewise

lizziebix
Hopefully she'll stick around and post so she can join us here.

Nice sleuthing, Iva!

Oh, and just noticed another newish member who's list 49 as their age. But only 21 posts. So another who might make it here one day!

Iva

Well, if we motivate them somehow, I assume they might be interested? :) I assume we're talking about http://www.greendaycommunity.org/user/76055-scwk0511/

And how many times is "so many times"? I kinda envy that in advance. :D

Nicky, I'll be working on your avatar today.

• Like 1

The Insider

Well, if we motivate them somehow, I assume they might be interested? :) I assume we're talking about http://www.greendaycommunity.org/user/76055-scwk0511/

And how many times is "so many times"? I kinda envy that in advance. :D

Nicky, I'll be working on your avatar today.

Thanks - no rush - I am actually flying to Adelaide early tomorrow - won't log on much next week - if at all - it is our wedding anniversary so will be enjoying a holiday in Perth with my beautiful husband. :)

• Like 1

lizziebix

Have a great anniversary vacation, Nicky! And enjoy your next GD show!!

Iva

OK, then just remind me when you're back. And enjoy! :)

• Like 1