Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

Goofygoldfish

Nice to have you here @Vintage Disciple, it's nice to have of us mature 🤔😂 folk around to balance the numbers with the young uns 😂

• Like 1

Vintage Disciple
16 hours ago, jengd said:

Hiya, welcome and got to say, I love your user name 👏👏

Thanks!  It is fitting!  😂

• Haha 1

lizziebix
20 hours ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Yeah I think I probably am from what I've seen so far but that's cool. I'm okay with that as long as you're not all teens and twenties!  Some of us were born before Green Day was around. 😂 

Yeah, me too.  You’re not alone here for sure. 

• Like 2

Vintage Disciple
3 hours ago, lizziebix said:

Yeah, me too.  You’re not alone here for sure. 

Good to know, thank you!

amberwhite
On 5/16/2019 at 7:44 PM, Vintage Disciple said:

Yeah I think I probably am from what I've seen so far but that's cool. I'm okay with that as long as you're not all teens and twenties!  Some of us were born before Green Day was around. 😂 

Pssh, some of us are older than Green Day. 😎

• Like 2

Vintage Disciple
15 hours ago, amberwhite said:

Pssh, some of us are older than Green Day. 😎

That's what I was trying to say, lol...I am a bit older than they are!

• Thanks 1

amberwhite
1 hour ago, Vintage Disciple said:

That's what I was trying to say, lol...I am a bit older than they are!

We are well seasoned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Insider

I will leave this here because Judi is sleeping.

How hard is it to pack a dishwasher & don't get me started - clothes don't miraculously dry if you leave them in the washing machine - clean ya friggin bathroom & he has borrowed the car - I love the kid but c'mon.

Rant over.

jengd

Ah the joys!  I still cherish returning from a fortnight's holiday without him, only to be told he had been SOOOO busy, what with Uni (fair point it was a full on course, like working even), laundry, shopping, cooking, keeping an eye on granny...….. imagine my surprise!

Adorkable
5 hours ago, The Insider said:

I will leave this here because Judi is sleeping.

How hard is it to pack a dishwasher & don't get me started - clothes don't miraculously dry if you leave them in the washing machine - clean ya friggin bathroom & he has borrowed the car - I love the kid but c'mon.

Rant over.

Thing 1 couldn't clean her dishes yesterday because she decided to watch a 3 hour movie. Then decided to make home made pizza at 10 PM, and not clean her dishes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WhiteTim

I’m turning 37 Sunday and I’m surprised I’ve never posted in here as far as I remember 

Adorkable
24 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I’m turning 37 Sunday and I’m surprised I’ve never posted in here as far as I remember 

Happy Birthday and welcome to the old bitches club! The president is @The Insider

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

The Insider
9 hours ago, Adorkable said:

Happy Birthday and welcome to the old bitches club! The president is @The Insider

Oh you are a fucking bitch.

Happy birthday in advance @WhiteTim

10 hours ago, jengd said:

Ah the joys!  I still cherish returning from a fortnight's holiday without him, only to be told he had been SOOOO busy, what with Uni (fair point it was a full on course, like working even), laundry, shopping, cooking, keeping an eye on granny...….. imagine my surprise!

Dam they are sooo busy as I am currently trying to keep it together.

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Insider

This is my precious boy today via text

Thing 2: Can you log off my youtube account on the main computer - youtube thinks I wanna listen to nothing but green day

Me: But yesterday I was listening to no gd on youtube - I usually listen to spotify

Thing 2: I don't care can you get off my youtube account

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That Dude

Discovered them when I was 11-12, in 97.   

22 years later and they've never let me down.  

I loved hearing Green Day talking about growing up and eventually growing old with their fans.  At the same time, it's a bit scary.  I know that Green Day probably will not be around when I'm an old man, but maybe they will be!   I hope they stop recording immediately after me death, and I hope that's around 2085 or so.  I'd be 100, they'd be 114, I think that's generous.  :)

If Green Day were to split, or die or something else, it's a big step down to my next favorite bands.  The first few aren't making new records (+44 and System of a Down) and the next bands in line would be Transplants, Flogging Molly, Blink-182 and Against Me!   

What a world it would be without Green Day.  Not sure how I would have survived.  

• Like 1

The Insider
30 minutes ago, That Dude said:

If Green Day were to split, or die or something else, it's a big step down to my next favorite bands. 

I was thinking about this yesterday there are so much amazing music out there - GD is my favourite by a longshot & that's no mean feat.  

• Like 3