The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

jengd
8 hours ago, SHART said:

Believe me when they get their license & can drink & go to parties - it all reverts back to sleepless nights.

Ah but if you train them right, they drive you to your parties!  

Haven't managed the moving out bit, still working on that 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BUBBYBUB
On 10/21/2017 at 3:14 PM, jengd said:

Well well, I just found this thread!  I am not really a big fan of “ internet stuff” so while I joined GDA a few years ago, having lurked for a long time, I’ve only recently got more involved but only really on the Green Day chat side.  Proof if ever it were needed that I belong in this club if I may join the fun lol

My first fangirling was over Elvis Presley would you believe, then the Monkees and then I must have had a really boring phase where I behaved like a grown up.  My family are well used to my obssdion with Green Day, husband and son especially and always get that “your not normal” thing from my son.  On the other hand, I have taken him and his buddies to some cracking concerts, introduced them to some ace music  and appear to be classed as “ bad assed” 😂 

I thought all you guys were young things!

Edited by BUBBYBUB
Wrong thread

The Insider

Managed to take Thing 2 clothes shopping today.  It was a frenzy - told him to stand in the changeroom & I kept handing him outfits to try on.  Managed to get a whole heap of shorts/ casual & dress shirts/ belts & then even got him into a shoe shop.  So stressful - not like shopping with my daughter.

jengd
6 hours ago, SHART said:

Managed to take Thing 2 clothes shopping today.  It was a frenzy - told him to stand in the changeroom & I kept handing him outfits to try on.  Managed to get a whole heap of shorts/ casual & dress shirts/ belts & then even got him into a shoe shop.  So stressful - not like shopping with my daughter.

I feel your pain.  Been trying to get my son (I love your thing 1 and thing 2) to buy some shoes since about May, he’s still wearing winter type boots and we’ve had our hottest temps ever this summer. It makes me feel ill how hot his feet must be. I gave him money months ago, nothing.  Oh, and not only has he not moved out, his girlfriend has moved in!  Don’t ever listen to me if I start giving parenting advice 😂😂😂😂

The Insider
14 hours ago, jengd said:

I feel your pain.  Been trying to get my son (I love your thing 1 and thing 2) to buy some shoes since about May, he’s still wearing winter type boots and we’ve had our hottest temps ever this summer. It makes me feel ill how hot his feet must be. I gave him money months ago, nothing.  Oh, and not only has he not moved out, his girlfriend has moved in!  Don’t ever listen to me if I start giving parenting advice 😂😂😂😂

I was lucky the shoe shop was directly opposite - he borked at going in but I said since I was paying it was a one time offer - he is so tight with his money - he followed me in - I told him to get his feet measured & sit as I went & picked out shoes for him to try👹😏

Thing 1 & 2 idea stolen from @Grubby Poop 😘

• Like 2

Adorkable
9 hours ago, SHART said:

I was lucky the shoe shop was directly opposite - he borked at going in but I said since I was paying it was a one time offer - he is so tight with his money - he followed me in - I told him to get his feet measured & sit as I went & picked out shoes for him to try👹😏

Thing 1 & 2 idea stolen from @Grubby Poop 😘

Your best ideas come from me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Iva

*yawn*

Been a long time, friends. Been a long time.

• Like 1

The Insider
10 hours ago, Iva said:

*yawn*

Been a long time, friends. Been a long time.

So long I'm embarrassed that this is still called an over 30's thread😝

• Haha 1

The Insider

Its officially time to change the name of this thread - its raining and I'm at home doing a puzzle😆

• Haha 1

Goofygoldfish

I can never find people who actually want to go out anymore.... Am I the only old fart who loves a night out? 

jengd
2 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I can never find people who actually want to go out anymore.... Am I the only old fart who loves a night out? 

No, same here but I have to say, hanging around in bars where you cant sit down, cant hear anyone speak or hear yourself think doesn't appeal anymore, going out for meals or to concerts is still good though but sadly we get almost no bands up here.  The City are building a  new concert and exhibition centre which will supposedly be "world class" whatever that means so we'll see!

Goofygoldfish

I can't get enough of concerts... Still lack enough people to go with, if my 2 'go to' people are unavailable though.... Which is why I *reminiscing sadly* didn't used to get to/know about green day and fbht gigs around that time.... Wouldn't miss any for the world now though! 

Well, that turned to babble.. Sorry! 

• Like 2

The Insider
On 10/13/2018 at 8:37 PM, Goofygoldfish said:

I have a group of g/f's we call the movie group.  We go out a few times a month & go away once a year.  Nobody is into my music though - but that's ok I like having things that I do on my own.

• Like 3

The Insider

Thing 2 lost a bet at work so the dog groomer cut his hair🐶  

He also took our dog to work & the only dog she had issues with was a frenchie😂

Misfit xo
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, The Insider said:

I have a group of g/f's we call the movie group.  We go out a few times a month & go away once a year.  Nobody is into my music though - but that's ok I like having things that I do on my own.

I have a group of friends that get together every Friday night for "Girls Night" - usually involves alcohol and games like Cards Against Humanity, but occasionally we all kick back and watch a movie or one of the ladies cooks dinner for everyone. Last night we ended up at Kryptonite, a local bar/club, and let's just say... I can't party like I could 10+ years ago.  A hangover at 32 lasts THE entire day, and it's absolutely miserable.  None of my friends really listen to my music, either.  They're all mostly into rap and r&b or country... blechhh. 

• Like 1

The Insider

We are doing a bit of renovating atm & I have chosen new shutters for the ensuite instead of going through with purchasing Eminem tickets🤯 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

lizziebix
1 hour ago, The Insider said:

We are doing a bit of renovating atm & I have chosen new shutters for the ensuite instead of going through with purchasing Eminem tickets🤯 

Oh how adult of you.  So proud.  :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

jengd

We were at American Idiot on Saturday and I was amazed at the audience.  There were a huge number of young kids, from 10 to 16/17, a whole loads of 20 somethings but also a whole heap who you would expect to be really not happy with the content,  the drug scenes are much more involved in this production.  I always love that GD concerts get such a mixed demographic but I somehow didn’t expect it at the show, very encouraging!

• Like 2