The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

The Grouch is Tracy
18 hours ago, jengd said:

Well well, I just found this thread!  I am not really a big fan of “ internet stuff” so while I joined GDA a few years ago, having lurked for a long time, I’ve only recently got more involved but only really on the Green Day chat side.  Proof if ever it were needed that I belong in this club if I may join the fun lol

My first fangirling was over Elvis Presley would you believe, then the Monkees and then I must have had a really boring phase where I behaved like a grown up.  My family are well used to my obssdion with Green Day, husband and son especially and always get that “your not normal” thing from my son.  On the other hand, I have taken him and his buddies to some cracking concerts, introduced them to some ace music  and appear to be classed as “ bad assed” 😂 

I thought all you guys were young things!

Welcome!  In 2 years I can change the title to “Over 50”......  😳😳

• Like 1

The Insider
7 hours ago, The Grouch is Tracy said:

Welcome!  In 2 years I can change the title to “Over 50”......  😳😳

Same:lol:

• Thanks 1

jengd

I belong in that group too, wonder what the band would think!  Actually I think it's amazing that they attract such a wide age range to their shows, when you look around there must be kids from 7/8/9 right up to early/mid 60s and I don't see that at many other shows.  There are bands who seem to have very distinct demographics e.g went to see Pendulum and I was one of what felt like half a dozen women in the audience and also considerably older than everyone else, totally a male 15/24 type situation.   Maybe we just young at heart, long may it continue! :dance:

• Like 3

The Insider
14 hours ago, jengd said:

I belong in that group too, wonder what the band would think!  Actually I think it's amazing that they attract such a wide age range to their shows, when you look around there must be kids from 7/8/9 right up to early/mid 60s and I don't see that at many other shows.  There are bands who seem to have very distinct demographics e.g went to see Pendulum and I was one of what felt like half a dozen women in the audience and also considerably older than everyone else, totally a male 15/24 type situation.   Maybe we just young at heart, long may it continue! :dance:

My kids think its odd that my GD concert crew that I met on a fan forum are their age - it wasn't awkward when they met:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tigress

I'm officially not crazy for GD anymore. After over 20 years it just fizzled out for me. :mellow:

• Sad 2

The Grouch is Tracy
On 2018-02-24 at 8:59 PM, tigress said:

I'm officially not crazy for GD anymore. After over 20 years it just fizzled out for me. :mellow:

Awwww....... I admit that I haven’t been as enthusiastic lately.  

Montclare

Ugh, 37 today.  Does that mean I have to start saying late-30s or can I still say mid-30s? :)

lizziebix
1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Ugh, 37 today.  Does that mean I have to start saying late-30s or can I still say mid-30s? :)

Happy Birthday!!  So glad we got to meet last summer at Wrigley.  Nice to put a face to the voice on here.

Mid-thirties is fine imo. :)

• Thanks 1

Adorkable
30 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Happy Birthday!!  So glad we got to meet last summer at Wrigley.  Nice to put a face to the voice on here.

Mid-thirties is fine imo. :)

Ha we would love to be mid 30s again!

@Montclare happy birthday 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Bellie
7 hours ago, Montclare said:

Happy birthday!

Late-mid-30s ;)

• Thanks 1

lizziebix
3 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Happy birthday!

Late-mid-30s ;)

Oh my goodness, you scared me.  I saw that you had posted in here and I was, like, she CANNOT be 30!  Whew.  Glad it was only for birthday wishes to our dear @Montclare.

So how is your birthday celebrating going?  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Montclare
1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

Oh my goodness, you scared me.  I saw that you had posted in here and I was, like, she CANNOT be 30!  Whew.  Glad it was only for birthday wishes to our dear @Montclare.

So how is your birthday celebrating going?  :)

:lol:

Just a low key, Monday birthday with some tv and a glass of amaretto.

And thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

• Like 2

The Bellie
On 27/03/2018 at 3:40 AM, lizziebix said:

:lol: I have sort of a baby face and may look pretty much the same at 30... but in truth I would like to look a bit older and start to have wrinkles at the corner of my eyes (really! I find those totally attractive)

That Dude

Yay, an old peoples group!  I'm 32 and have loved Green Day for 21 years now!  

I've never made my way to this part of the site.  I always just stay over on the Green Day chat.   

What is going on over here?  

• Like 1

lizziebix
2 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Yay, an old peoples group!  I'm 32 and have loved Green Day for 21 years now!  

I've never made my way to this part of the site.  I always just stay over on the Green Day chat.   

What is going on over here?  

Welcome, Older Person!  :lol:   Not very much is happening at the moment.  But we come and go and say hello every once in a while.

Glad you're venturing out of GD Chat and finding new clubs/threads.  So much on GDC to explore!  Enjoy.

• Like 1

tigress
On 3/26/2018 at 7:22 AM, Montclare said:

I’m right behind you, I’ll be 37 on May 13th. I feel 77. 

• Haha 1

The Insider

Its official - I have brainwashed my family.

Before Thing 2 went to uni...

Thing 2: What's for dinner

Me: Roast chicken but I'm not making gravy

Thing 2: BLASPHEMY

:ga: 

R_Z-Log

Oh my gosh you guys, I haven't logged in to GDC in well over a year and it's so nice to see some familiar "faces" so to speak. Here's an amusing story for my fellow over 30's. I had a baby in February and that coupled with having a toddler and not many options for babysitting has led to no kid-free outings with my husband. SOMEHOW we ended up getting Longshot tickets, AND a babysitter and we went to the show for our very first date night since January. It was an all ages show at a tiny local venue that we've been to a bunch of times. There's one big open room, and along one of the side walls is a step that goes the entire length of the wall. I always stand on the step because otherwise I can't see anything (I'm 5'2) and it's away from the mosh pits and all the chaos. So anyway I took my spot on the step, and my husband went into the crowd. I started talking to the woman next to me about how great the step is because you can see and have a chill time and all that, and she says "Yeah, I was trying to get my son to come up here with me but he didn't want to." I was with the moms!!! LOL. I felt old enough seeing everyone in line getting the "under 21" X's on their hands, but this just took the cake.

I have to add though,  I eventually joined hubby in the pit and danced my ass off as though I didn't have to get up with a baby a few hours later 😁

• Like 4

The Insider

@R_Z-Log aw congrats on your second bub & congrats on scoring Longshot tickets😍

jengd
On 7/13/2018 at 4:09 PM, R_Z-Log said:

Oh my gosh you guys, I haven't logged in to GDC in well over a year and it's so nice to see some familiar "faces" so to speak. Here's an amusing story for my fellow over 30's. I had a baby in February and that coupled with having a toddler and not many options for babysitting has led to no kid-free outings with my husband. SOMEHOW we ended up getting Longshot tickets, AND a babysitter and we went to the show for our very first date night since January. It was an all ages show at a tiny local venue that we've been to a bunch of times. There's one big open room, and along one of the side walls is a step that goes the entire length of the wall. I always stand on the step because otherwise I can't see anything (I'm 5'2) and it's away from the mosh pits and all the chaos. So anyway I took my spot on the step, and my husband went into the crowd. I started talking to the woman next to me about how great the step is because you can see and have a chill time and all that, and she says "Yeah, I was trying to get my son to come up here with me but he didn't want to." I was with the moms!!! LOL. I felt old enough seeing everyone in line getting the "under 21" X's on their hands, but this just took the cake.

I have to add though,  I eventually joined hubby in the pit and danced my ass off as though I didn't have to get up with a baby a few hours later 😁

Awesome !  It’ll be years before you catch up on sleep, a night at the Longshot is good for the soul though, sleep will come 😉

R_Z-Log
On 7/13/2018 at 11:06 PM, SHART said:

@R_Z-Log aw congrats on your second bub & congrats on scoring Longshot tickets😍

Thank you so much!! 

9 hours ago, jengd said:

Awesome !  It’ll be years before you catch up on sleep, a night at the Longshot is good for the soul though, sleep will come 😉

Oh yeah, I've given up hope of a good nights sleep haha. The Longshot show was seriously rejuvenating though! It's nice to do things like that so you can remember that you had a life before kids and still can after!

• Like 1

The Insider

Believe me when they get their license & can drink & go to parties - it all reverts back to sleepless nights.

• Haha 1

R_Z-Log
19 minutes ago, SHART said:

Believe me when they get their license & can drink & go to parties - it all reverts back to sleepless nights.

Super comforting, thanks 😜

• Haha 2

The Insider
1 minute ago, R_Z-Log said:

Super comforting, thanks 😜

Don't worrying you get a good 15 years to build  up the sleep bank but life will revolve around the kids but after they move out you will get a life again😎

• Love 1