The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

amberwhite
1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

CONGRATULTIONS!  Being "house poor" isn't all that bad!  Enjoy!!

Thanks!  It's kind of scary and overwhelming right now, but I'm really looking forward to ripping this nasty old carpet up as soon as we have a savings surplus again!

• Like 1

The Insider
2 hours ago, amberwhite said:

Amen to that.  On an unrelated note, the Mr. and I just bought our first home! We are truly adults now.:lol:

Congrats on your mortgage:) Very exciting.

1 hour ago, amberwhite said:

Thanks!  It's kind of scary and overwhelming right now, but I'm really looking forward to ripping this nasty old carpet up as soon as we have a savings surplus again!

We ripped out our carpet a few years back since then my hubby & sons' allergies have improved ten fold.  

amberwhite
45 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Congrats on your mortgage:) Very exciting.

We ripped out our carpet a few years back since then my hubby & sons' allergies have improved ten fold.  

Actually,  we paid cash -- which is why we will be living with this old carpet for a while!  I can't wait to  put the vacuum in semi-retirement.

Allergies suck.

• Like 1

The Insider
26 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

we paid cash .

Wow

amberwhite
7 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Wow

We got a great deal on a fixer upper, probably spent as much as a good down payment. 

• Like 1

The Grouch is Tracy
11 hours ago, amberwhite said:

Amen to that.  On an unrelated note, the Mr. and I just bought our first home! We are truly adults now.:lol:

Yay you! Enjoy it- don't drive yourselves crazy constantly working on it either! 👍

Adorkable
11 hours ago, amberwhite said:

Congrats!

amberwhite
12 minutes ago, The Grouch is Tracy said:

Yay you! Enjoy it- don't drive yourselves crazy constantly working on it either! 👍

Thanks. I hope we won't.

4 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Congrats!

Thanks!

tigress

I've recently discovered how much I love Forever 21. They have killer online sales and their clothes are so damn cute. My 36 year old ass is not Forever 21, however. 

• Haha 1

The Insider
3 hours ago, tigress said:

I've recently discovered how much I love Forever 21. They have killer online sales and their clothes are so damn cute. My 36 year old ass is not Forever 21, however. 

I borrow my 21 year old's clothes so I guess Im Forever 21 as well;)

The Insider

My family is away - I havent put the dishwasher on once - probably because I havent cooked yet:lol:

• Like 1

Adorkable
11 hours ago, SHART said:

My family is away - I havent put the dishwasher on once - probably because I havent cooked yet:lol:

When have you ever cooked?:fuckyou:

• Love 1

The Insider
13 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

When have you ever cooked?:fuckyou:

I cooked eggs last night.

The Insider

Thing 2 just unpacked his wet army clothes in preparation for field weekend - last field weekend was about 3 months ago:dry::sick:

Montclare

Had Dookie on at work today and it dawned on me that it came out before our interns were born.  That's scary.  I remember the days when I was younger than the interns.

• Like 1

tigress
19 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Had Dookie on at work today and it dawned on me that it came out before our interns were born.  That's scary.  I remember the days when I was younger than the interns.

You and I are the same age. *high five*

• Like 2

lizziebix
29 minutes ago, Montclare said:

9 minutes ago, tigress said:

You and I are the same age. *high five*

Neither one of you looks your age.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

The Insider
2 hours ago, Montclare said:

My daughter is doing her internship atm=/

• Like 2

The Insider

Thursday is housework day for me & Thing 2 just came home - this is our conversation:-

Thing 2: Mum what are you listening to ---- turn it down.

Me: Minor Threat

Thing 2: You are not like normal Mums

:happy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Grouch is Tracy
54 minutes ago, SHART said:

Thursday is housework day for me & Thing 2 just came home - this is our conversation:-

Goal achieved! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adorkable
10 hours ago, SHART said:

How about if you just go listen to Michael Buble and make Thing 2 happy.

• Sad 1

The Insider
10 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

How about if you just go listen to Michael Buble and make Thing 2 happy.

Spoiler

Cir1Sj4WYAIXJwe.jpg

• Haha 2

jengd

Well well, I just found this thread!  I am not really a big fan of “ internet stuff” so while I joined GDA a few years ago, having lurked for a long time, I’ve only recently got more involved but only really on the Green Day chat side.  Proof if ever it were needed that I belong in this club if I may join the fun lol

My first fangirling was over Elvis Presley would you believe, then the Monkees and then I must have had a really boring phase where I behaved like a grown up.  My family are well used to my obssdion with Green Day, husband and son especially and always get that “your not normal” thing from my son.  On the other hand, I have taken him and his buddies to some cracking concerts, introduced them to some ace music  and appear to be classed as “ bad assed” 😂 

I thought all you guys were young things!

• Like 3

The Insider
2 hours ago, jengd said:

Well well, I just found this thread!  I am not really a big fan of “ internet stuff” so while I joined GDA a few years ago, having lurked for a long time, I’ve only recently got more involved but only really on the Green Day chat side.  Proof if ever it were needed that I belong in this club if I may join the fun lol

My first fangirling was over Elvis Presley would you believe, then the Monkees and then I must have had a really boring phase where I behaved like a grown up.  My family are well used to my obssdion with Green Day, husband and son especially and always get that “your not normal” thing from my son.  On the other hand, I have taken him and his buddies to some cracking concerts, introduced them to some ace music  and appear to be classed as “ bad assed” 😂 

The Monkees was my favourite show:lol: & I have been rallying to change the title to over 40's for a while now:cool:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

lizziebix
3 hours ago, jengd said:

Welcome to the older generation GD fan club.  The more the merrier.  :)

• Like 1