Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

Nimrod99

So this young man at the gas station keeps flirting with me. I'm not sure if he's that way with everyone, or just with me. Apparently I was his first time burrito making customer haha. I have to admit that he is not bad on the eyes either.

• Like 3

The Insider

I just rang hubby from the other room & asked if he would also make me a coffee😚 He delivered it as well😊

• Like 2

norcalgreendayfan
12 hours ago, Tinkle said:

I just rang hubby from the other room & asked if he would also make me a coffee😚 He delivered it as well😊

Such a nice guy

The Insider
3 hours ago, norcalgreendayfan said:

Such a nice guy

Yeah I will keep him around - I would probably die of malnutrition if I didn't. 

• Like 2

norcalgreendayfan
1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

Yeah I will keep him around - I would probably die of malnutrition if I didn't. 

We don't want that happening now do we.

• Like 1

The Insider

Note to self - don't subject hubby to a weekend of vegan food - it's not a pretty. 

• Like 1

norcalgreendayfan
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:40 AM, Tinkle said:

Note to self - don't subject hubby to a weekend of vegan food - it's not a pretty. 

Not at all I wouldn't be happy with that either

• Like 1

The Insider

Hubby & Thing 2 are in Japan - he just skyped to say he made a special trip to this huge record store in Tokyo & was gonna surprise me with a punk rock t-shirt - but there wasnt one single t-shirt for sale.  So Im getting a tea towel:lol: 

• Like 2

The Grouch is Tracy

19 days!  I am seriously thinking of taking anyone else but hubby to the concert........  He and I have some political differences and I just don't even want to think about him being all scowly and grouchy as I am screaming  and singing......

• Like 2

The Insider
6 hours ago, The Grouch is Tracy said:

19 days!  I am seriously thinking of taking anyone else but hubby to the concert........  He and I have some political differences and I just don't even want to think about him being all scowly and grouchy as I am screaming  and singing......

I'm all for not taking hubby😶🤘

• Like 2

Adorkable
7 hours ago, The Grouch is Tracy said:

29 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I'm all for not taking hubby😶🤘

Me too but the bastard insists on coming.

• Like 1

The Insider
3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Me too but the bastard insists on coming.

HE knows when he is on to a good thing:wub:

St. Jonny

If I'm not still crazy about this band when I am over 30, I hope someone shoots me in the face. ;)

The Insider

One of the presents Thing 2 bought back from Japan was a poo lollipop- he said the first person who asks what did you buy me is getting it.  I of course said you bought a dookie lollipop - his reply was not everything is a GD reference.👏

• Like 2

Adorkable
28 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

One of the presents Thing 2 bought back from Japan was a poo lollipop- he said the first person who asks what did you buy me is getting it.  I of course said you bought a dookie lollipop - his reply was not everything is a GD reference.👏

Since when is everything not a GD reference?

• Like 2

The Insider
On 04/03/2017 at 8:26 AM, Scattered Wreck said:

Since when is everything not a GD reference?

Hubby was waiting for a lift to work this morning & he came in & said "I will say goodbye now" - I just can't help myself.:mellow:

• Like 2

R_Z-Log

Ugh, you guys... I haven't even been on GDC in so long and didn't realize how much I missed it until now. I'm not a complainer, but I have to vent.

Ironically, being "over 30 and still crazy for Green Day," is what's causing me such turmoil at the moment. I have tickets to see them in DC tomorrow night, but there's also a winter storm warning that starts right around the same time as the show. Ten years ago it wouldn't even be a question... I'd just go to the concert. BUT the responsible adult side of me doesn't want to risk my safety by driving home in a potentially severe snow storm. AND to make matters worse, my dad is watching my daughter and I don't want him driving home in the snow either (Staying over at our house isn't an option, and she can't stay at their place because I don't want her to get stuck there for days without us being able to get to her). As much as I want to go, it's probably not going to happen unless the forecast changes. I'm trying to keep things in perspective and not be too dramatic, but I WANTED TO SEE GREEN DAY DAMN IT!!! 

So that's all haha. Just needed to cry to other adult Green Day fans :)

• Like 2

The Insider

Oh dam - I feel your pain - yep this is just part n parcel of being a responsible parent. Good luck with whatever decision you make.  :mellow:

Adorkable
12 minutes ago, R_Z-Log said:

Ugh, you guys... I haven't even been on GDC in so long and didn't realize how much I missed it until now. I'm not a complainer, but I have to vent.

Ironically, being "over 30 and still crazy for Green Day," is what's causing me such turmoil at the moment. I have tickets to see them in DC tomorrow night, but there's also a winter storm warning that starts right around the same time as the show. Ten years ago it wouldn't even be a question... I'd just go to the concert. BUT the responsible adult side of me doesn't want to risk my safety by driving home in a potentially severe snow storm. AND to make matters worse, my dad is watching my daughter and I don't want him driving home in the snow either (Staying over at our house isn't an option, and she can't stay at their place because I don't want her to get stuck there for days without us being able to get to her). As much as I want to go, it's probably not going to happen unless the forecast changes. I'm trying to keep things in perspective and not be too dramatic, but I WANTED TO SEE GREEN DAY DAMN IT!!! 

So that's all haha. Just needed to cry to other adult Green Day fans :)

I get it.  I have a ticket to Barclays and for a variety of reasons, the storm one of them, I'm not going.  The storm is really, really bad so it is safer not to go. 

• Like 1

The Grouch is Tracy

Aww, I am so sorry for both of you.  That just sucks.  Maybe the tour bus will get stuck too and they will reschedule.....

Adorkable
4 minutes ago, The Grouch is Tracy said:

Aww, I am so sorry for both of you.  That just sucks.  Maybe the tour bus will get stuck too and they will reschedule.....

Well, I am going on Friday in Worcester, MA so really not that big of a deal for me.  But I was actually thinking that they may need to reschedule.  The storm is supposed to start in DC around 2 AM, so they would have to get packed up quickly and then get the hell out of there.  Then they are driving into the storm.  PLus, the storm is not supposed to end in NY until Wednesday morning.  The clean up is going to be hell and people may have a super hard time getting to the venue.  I honestly would not be surprised if they did reschedule.

• Like 1

The Insider

@Scattered Wreck hubby said he thought all we talked about in direct message was BJ😄 - little does he know😏

Adorkable
12 hours ago, Tinkle said:

@Scattered Wreck hubby said he thought all we talked about in direct message was BJ😄 - little does he know😏

Ah, I guess he doesn't know he comes up in conversation often

• Like 1

The Insider

I have turned just about everything into a GD lyric the last few days.  I said to hubby you realize the next 2 weeks is nothing but GD references - his reply - no different to any other time of the year.

PS THEY HAVE LANDED IN OZ:runaround:

• Like 3

The Grouch is Tracy

Yay!  So excited for you!  

• Like 1