The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

The Grouch is Tracy

Well, I like the homeless look. :P With the bracelets, pendants and stuff.

Fair enough!

Iva

Seriously, he's just a funny, funny guy and a good actor.

I've been a not-so-much-of-a-fan ever since I realised he filmed "Stuff". I cannot forgive anybody that kind of exploitation.

The Grouch is Tracy

Seriously, he's just a funny, funny guy and a good actor.

I've been a not-so-much-of-a-fan ever since I realised he filmed "Stuff". I cannot forgive anybody that kind of exploitation.

What movie is that?

Snows

Uh, I never heard about that film... :mellow:

The Grouch is Tracy

Uh, I never heard about that film... :mellow:

Me neither

lizziebix

Make that 3....

Nimrod99

I will totally join this club. I am in my early 30's. Single (although I don't want to be, but I don't know where to meet people around here and I'm not a bar person or a drinker really). I've been a mega fan since Insomniac, and have seen them at least once on every tour since then (with the exception of the trilogy because my show was cancelled). I'm pretty much a closet fan though, and most people don't know how much of a fan I really am. lol.

The Grouch is Tracy

I will totally join this club. I am in my early 30's. Single (although I don't want to be, but I don't know where to meet people around here and I'm not a bar person or a drinker really). I've been a mega fan since Insomniac, and have seen them at least once on every tour since then (with the exception of the trilogy because my show was cancelled). I'm pretty much a closet fan though, and most people don't know how much of a fan I really am. lol.

Welcome! Make yourself at home. I am also somewhat of a closeted fan, so don't worry about it.

lizziebix

Hi! Where is this "here" home of which you speak? I'm Marilyn btw.

Nimrod99

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I live in Washington state.

The Insider

Hi I'm nicky from brisbane & I am feeling my age today - totally worth it.

Btw my son didn't have the heart to be at the barrier with his mum last night.

Iva

To those who wonder about the film - if you can take some blood and hoarding, watch it. :)

Welcome Nicky and Nimrod. <3

And shit, I'm still the youngest.

The Grouch is Tracy

Hi I'm nicky from brisbane & I am feeling my age today - totally worth it.

Btw my son didn't have the heart to be at the barrier with his mum last night.

Welcome and enjoy!...good for you, how was the show (like I even need to ask!)

The Insider

Welcome and enjoy!...good for you, how was the show (like I even need to ask!)

It was great but by the sound of it Sydney was better - still have 2 to go :)

lizziebix

Nicky, why do you say Sydney was better (from what you've heard)? Both shows sounded awesome to me by the setlists.

And Iva, if you're the youngest and I'm the oldest, we can be the bookends together for everyone here! :)

• Like 1

Iva

I misread that as "bonkers" and thought "great, OK"...should I be worried about myself now? O_O

lizziebix

People keep misreading my writing on here! Can't help it if English is my first language!! :lol:

• Like 1

The Insider

Nicky, why do you say Sydney was better (from what you've heard)? Both shows sounded awesome to me by the setlists.

And Iva, if you're the youngest and I'm the oldest, we can be the bookends together for everyone here! :)

Because I just want to see brutal love - love when billie says "flesh" - sorry fangirl moment. :lol:

lizziebix

Because I just want to see brutal love - love when billie says "flesh" - sorry fangirl moment. :lol:

Gotcha. That was one of my favorite moments from the show we saw. Just sang and swayed, with hubby, the whole song. Hopefully you'll get to see it at one of your next shows. *fingers crossed for you*
  • Like 1

Nimrod99

I am sure feeling my age today. I participated in a bowling tournament with my dad (bowled a total of 6 games), then had to go take care of my horse Tashi (I ended up riding her bareback), then came home and took the dog for a walk. My legs are sore and pissed at me. Getting old sucks haha. It was a really good day though.

• Like 1

The Insider

I am sure feeling my age today. I participated in a bowling tournament with my dad (bowled a total of 6 games), then had to go take care of my horse Tashi (I ended up riding her bareback), then came home and took the dog for a walk. My legs are sore and pissed at me. Getting old sucks haha. It was a really good day though.

Sounds like a great day - I love horses - rode recently - ooh was I sore.

I certainly don't bounce back like I used - getting a bit sick probably from being in the pit Saturday - better recover by the weekend cause I have to do it all again - twice :)

carasway

Omg I just found this... Totally what I've been thinking we should have for years. For those of you who don't know me, I'm definitely over 30, and definitely not a closet fan... any more!

I used to hide my epic fan girl moments and even lied to my family that my 2009 trips for the 21CB tour were for work. In 2010 I had an epiphany and just told everyone exactly what I was doing, where I was going and why. Best thing ever! Now my family, friends and colleagues just shake their heads and smile when I say I'm off to see Green Day again. One of the things I love about the Green Day community is our ability to accept people from all walks of life, backgrounds and ages.

I'm terrible with people's user names but Lizziebix I've met; Luv, we should def try and catch up at one of the Soundwaves; The Grouch, have we met?

• Like 2

Iva

Hi carasway, welcome to the club. :)

I never rode a horse. :( Shit-scared of riding and used to be shit-scared of horses as well, until recently.

The Grouch is Tracy

Omg I just found this... Totally what I've been thinking we should have for years. For those of you who don't know me, I'm definitely over 30, and definitely not a closet fan... any more!

I used to hide my epic fan girl moments and even lied to my family that my 2009 trips for the 21CB tour were for work. In 2010 I had an epiphany and just told everyone exactly what I was doing, where I was going and why. Best thing ever! Now my family, friends and colleagues just shake their heads and smile when I say I'm off to see Green Day again. One of the things I love about the Green Day community is our ability to accept people from all walks of life, backgrounds and ages.

I'm terrible with people's user names but Lizziebix I've met; Luv, we should def try and catch up at one of the Soundwaves; The Grouch, have we met?

Hi! Welcome. I have never actually met anyone from GDC, although thanks to the Canadian club, I now know that I have been to the same shows as quite a few of you! My family knows that I love Green Day and listen to them all the time. They are also aware of the shows I go to, but not the amount of time I spend watching videos and reading / posting here....

• Like 2