The Grouch is Tracy

Over 30 and still crazy for Green Day

The Grouch is Tracy

Hi everyone! This will hopefully be a place for us "old coots" to share our Green Day love, and other life experiences and challenges. Most of the people in my life laugh when they realize that I am such a fangirl, and I have been told to act my age many times! What do your significant others think? Are they supportive? Do they know? What about your kids....coworkers.....grandkids....etc.?

Liam

Another 12 years and I can join!

The Grouch is Tracy

Another 12 years and I can join!

Enjoy not being able to join as long as you can!

lizziebix

HI! I'm Marilyn, am definitely over 30 (and then some!) and crazy about Green Day. Do not need an intervention ( :lol:) but love the idea of having a group of fans on the older side of life to talk to now and again!

The Grouch is Tracy

HI! I'm Marilyn, am definitely over 30 (and then some!) and crazy about Green Day. Do not need an intervention ( :lol:) but love the idea of having a group of fans on the older side of life to talk to now and again!

Hi!

Iva

Hi, I'm Iva (duh) and I'm the youngest person over 30 who actively posts on this board, born on March 3rd 1983. So, ummm, I can be the baby of this club.

My mom is a fan of Green Day though she will turn 73 in May, my aunt born in 1937 thinks Billie Joe is cute and my dad who passed away in 2010 adored the band.

My significant other, who would not yet qualify for this club as he only turned 28 in November, used to listen to Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod with his slightly older sister a lot, so he approves. :D And he currently lives pretty close to the band so if they did a surprise show, I'd probably go like 5hb6io 2341223c234WHY.

I'm glad this club has finally been created. :) I can make us a banner, too.

• Like 2

The Grouch is Tracy

Hi, I'm Iva (duh) and I'm the youngest person over 30 who actively posts on this board, born on March 3rd 1983. So, ummm, I can be the baby of this club.

My mom is a fan of Green Day though she will turn 73 in May, my aunt born in 1937 thinks Billie Joe is cute and my dad who passed away in 2010 adored the band.

My significant other, who would not yet qualify for this club as he only turned 28 in November, used to listen to Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod with his slightly older sister a lot, so he approves. :D And he currently lives pretty close to the band so if they did a surprise show, I'd probably go like 5hb6io 2341223c234WHY.

I'm glad this club has finally been created. :) I can make us a banner, too.

Yay! Of course you can be the baby..... Banner sounds awesome too!

lizziebix

My mom, who is even further over the hill than I, has no idea who Green Day is even though I've told her about them. She calls all current music "noise." Could be too that she's hard of hearing!

Iva

My mother just said that Green Day is ten thousand times better than what my other favourite musician is doing (he just published a new song), so she's pretty much a fanatic. :D

So, what kind of a banner should we have? Colours, ideas, anyone?

lizziebix

I'm not much of a banner person. Probably because I haunt so many clubs it would be kind of obnoxious to have them all! So I'll vote yes to just about anything you create!

beejeezee

I really hope in 15 years this is still around for me to join.

• Like 1

lizziebix

Me too. And I hope I'm still around to appreciate it! :P

• Like 1

The Grouch is Tracy

My mother just said that Green Day is ten thousand times better than what my other favourite musician is doing (he just published a new song), so she's pretty much a fanatic. :D

So, what kind of a banner should we have? Colours, ideas, anyone?

....cats.......

But not really I guess. I can't even remember how to put a banner in my sig, but I am sure I can figure it out. I like bright colours and sparkley things though too... You rock!

My mom, who is even further over the hill than I, has no idea who Green Day is even though I've told her about them. She calls all current music "noise." Could be too that she's hard of hearing!

My mom is obsessed with Rod Stewart, although, surprisingly, my parents went to a Kid Rock concert last year and said they enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Iva

My dad was obsessed with Rod Stewart to a certain degree.

I assume that's disturbing. :P

lizziebix

I'm obsessed with NOT like Rod Stewart. Does that count? :lol:

The Grouch is Tracy

I'm obsessed with NOT like Rod Stewart. Does that count? :lol:

Oh God.....I am just remembering family trips in the 1970s and early 1980s. Rod Stewart and Kenny Rogers for 3 solid days. Then in the 80s the blessed blessed Walkman was born and I sadly took refuge in Tears for Fears and Duran Duran....

I think my daughter should be grateful to have Green Day in the car, but of course, she's not!

Iva

What's wrong with Tears for Fears and Duran Duran? New wave and new romantic are good genres, though those two might not be my favourite bands from the genre.

On our family trips in mid-80s, we'd often play a tape a friend made for my mother and there was Dire Straits' Walk Of Life. I'd scream and cry because I thought Mark Knopfler saying WOOHOO was a dangerous, vampire-like dog ready to eat me! How's about that?

lizziebix

I used to like Duran Duran until hubby came into my life and he was obsessed with them. Now I'm rather over them myself! :lol:

Car trips? We used to go to Arkansas, Northern Wisconsin and Florida and for the life of me I can't remember what music, if any, we listened to. Probably whatever local station we could find. Or local news. It wasn't the best reception when I was growing up!!

The Grouch is Tracy

What's wrong with Tears for Fears and Duran Duran? New wave and new romantic are good genres, though those two might not be my favourite bands from the genre.

On our family trips in mid-80s, we'd often play a tape a friend made for my mother and there was Dire Straits' Walk Of Life. I'd scream and cry because I thought Mark Knopfler saying WOOHOO was a dangerous, vampire-like dog ready to eat me! How's about that?

I used to like Duran Duran until hubby came into my life and he was obsessed with them. Now I'm rather over them myself! :lol:Car trips? We used to go to Arkansas, Northern Wisconsin and Florida and for the life of me I can't remember what music, if any, we listened to. Probably whatever local station we could find. Or local news. It wasn't the best reception when I was growing up!!

Ha ha....oh yes, my high school locker was plastered with cheesy 80s bands! One of my first concerts was when my best friend and took the bus and saw Tears for Fears, OMD, Nik Kershaw, Power Station and Paul Young. A 15 year old's dream day!

Iva

I never heard anything by Power Station. Now you got me curious.

lizziebix

I will not confess to my youunger heart throbs. It would so totally out my real age. Not going there. NOPE.

Okay, maybe it was the Beatles, the Monkees and the Dave Clark Five. Maybe. Maybe not!!

Iva

I have no trouble confessing. My first celebrity cruish, at the age of 11, was this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bebeto

But back then, he was more like this:

article-1251169-084CD258000005DC-119_468

That was in July. In February next year, I saw Billie Joe and by May, Bebeto was history. :P

lizziebix

Well, he's cute. No reason to be ashamed of crushing on him!!

Iva

He turned 50 on Sunday, we had a meal that has nothing to do with Brazil because of him. :) And yup, I was kinda freaked out from replacing a crush born on February 16th with one born on February 17th. Kids. :D

Oh, and like father, like son - this boy was the subject of the celebration from the above photo. I watched that game on TV...he was a day old when his daddy celebrated his birth. And he'll be 20 in July...how the time flies!

Mattheus.jpg

I had two more celeb crushes after Bebeto and Billie Joe and while one of those two is probably obvious to every person who bothers to read my profile and signature, the fourth one is the one I'm kinda ashamed of: Jacques Villeneuve. Great athlete, but a bit shitty as a person, shittier as the time passes by.

I got into him mid-1998 and that lasted to the end of 2003. Nowadays, I wonder how did that even happen, he's a douche.

Snows

Hey, I'm joining! :ga: I have to be a fangirl 'in the closet' because nobody of my friends relatives enjoys the band as I do. My partner says that I talk and act like a teenager about it sometimes, but I have another teenager impulses, so yeah. :P

My all time celeb crush (since I was 8 years old, yeah 8!) is that man:

know-johnny-depp--large-msg-1332290823.j

:wub:

And lately:

Tom-Hiddleston-467.jpg

:wub::D

I always loved The Beatles! Don't be ashamed, Lizzie. :happy: C'mon, how old are youuuuu?

• Like 1