Green Day Instagram Photos

Liam

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW I think there's a double standard here that Ceadog can say offensive shit sarcastically all over the forum with a free pass while others get criticized for saying it either jokingly or seriously. I think either no one should be allowed to make comments like those, or everyone should be allowed to say whatever they want, but GDC shouldn't let one person do it just because it makes us laugh. It's just not a fair approach. And "knowing that Billie's friends read the forum", the average person browsing doesn't know that Ceadog is just an accepted troll and might think that "He should do drugs more" is the kind of talk that is allowed on this forum.

It's like, yes, I often laugh at Ceadog's posts because I'm used to them being personally offensive to everyone, including Billie's sobriety and looks, but that doesn't mean it's not disturbing that we just let it happen, and if I or someone else posted the same thing (like Lady Nightlife did), they get rightfully reprimanded for it. I know Ceadog gets in trouble or the time but that doesn't make it OK.

why is everyone taking this soo seriously they arent being cereal

Personally, I would hope that Billie Joe has a good enough sense of humour to know that I'm not being 100% serious when I go around saying that Adi is leaving him for Tré because his face looks like a goat's testicle.

#TRÉLUVZ80 #ADI<3DRUMMERDICK #JEFFMATIKAONDRUMS

People need to lighten the fuck up. Or don't, because your misplaced outrage is fucking hilarious.

FWIW I think there's a double standard here that Ceadog can say offensive shit sarcastically all over the forum with a free pass while others get criticized for saying it either jokingly or seriously. I think either no one should be allowed to make comments like those, or everyone should be allowed to say whatever they want, but GDC shouldn't let one person do it just because it makes us laugh. It's just not a fair approach. And "knowing that Billie's friends read the forum", the average person browsing doesn't know that Ceadog is just an accepted troll and might think that "He should do drugs more" is the kind of talk that is allowed on this forum.

It's like, yes, I often laugh at Ceadog's posts because I'm used to them being personally offensive to everyone, including Billie's sobriety and looks, but that doesn't mean it's not disturbing that we just let it happen, and if I or someone else posted the same thing (like Lady Nightlife did), they get rightfully reprimanded for it. I know Ceadog gets in trouble or the time but that doesn't make it OK.

It's always going to be the case that there's more objection to a serious opinion (or what comes across as a serious opinion) than a joke though. They're two different things so they get different reactions. But people are free to challenge any post whether it's serious or a joke anyway, as long as they're not breaking the rules (which no one has here) people can post what they want and others can react to it how they want. Just because I've laughed at an obvious joke on a subject it doesn't mean I'm not going to point out if I disagree with or see factual errors in a serious/semi serious post on the same subject.

Billie is looking happy, relaxed, content and therefore gorgeous. Obviously enjoying his time off, good luck to him.

Oh come on everyone. Everyone in the fangirls thread can talk about how they'd fuck Billie Joe every which way, many of them completely seriously, and that's fine; Kay and Ceadog and I make a few jokes about his looking scruffy and everyone acts as if we'd dropped the n-word in the middle of Harlem. Talk about double fucking standards. We're allowed to find his look unattractive, and we're allowed to joke about it. Nowhere are we saying "Oh my God, he's so ugly, he should quit the band right now!" Lighten up.

Oh come on everyone. Everyone in the fangirls thread can talk about how they'd fuck Billie Joe every which way, many of them completely seriously, and that's fine; Kay and Ceadog and I make a few jokes about his looking scruffy and everyone acts as if we'd dropped the n-word in the middle of Harlem. Talk about double fucking standards. We're allowed to find his look unattractive, and we're allowed to joke about it. Nowhere are we saying "Oh my God, he's so ugly, he should quit the band right now!" Lighten up.

No, see, that's perfectly fine. I think that's a terrible photo of him and I was about to comment on that yesterday. That was my first thought when I saw the picture, but didn't say anything once I saw Kay's posts. Saying something like that is very different from "he looked better when he was doing drugs". There's an implication there that bothers me, and I knew the tone of what you guys were saying (it was in jest, no sane person would think anyone is better off doing drugs for the sake of looking thinner), but that's a shitty thing to say. Ceadog especially has a habit of saying things about Green Day like they're some abstract entity, so he'll say fucked up things about them because he thinks it's funny. To see other people do that as well bothers me.

It is funny though. And if you guys wanna join in on the joke and make some of your own, that's funny too. And if you guys wanna get assmad and write big paragraphs about how we're awful human beings, well, that's funny too.

It's all win/win :happy:

The stupidity in this topic has reached fever pitch. Mike grows a beard= result is a freaking "batmansbeard" IG account and hashtag and everyone observing on it's progress like a weird science project. Billie has some facial hair we have several pages of freak outs and "oh my god what's happened to him?", "I would vomit on him" etc.

. . .

THIS!

Billie's got a beard... and? What's the big deal? He looks happy (AND BECAME ONE WITH THE COFFEE XD)

She commented on her photo

alyssatomfohrde
"Yes I did (take the photo). He was very kind and giving money to a homeless dude. Don't judge him people! I'm sure if he was all dressed up you would say he's not real anymore. He's human!"

It is funny though. And if you guys wanna join in on the joke and make some of your own, that's funny too. And if you guys wanna get assmad and write big paragraphs about how we're awful human beings, well, that's funny too.

It's all win/win :happy:

But when anyone makes fun of someone you care about, then you get defensive and get serious. Not only can your abrasive attitude/humor be tiring, you're a hypocrite.

But when anyone makes fun of someone you care about, then you get defensive and get serious. Not only can your abrasive attitude/humor be tiring, you're a hypocrite.

You say that like every single person in the world isn't hypocritical every single day.

I like my sense of humour. I laugh at most things, even when I appear to be getting defensive/serious. You might find it tired and hypocritical, but that's just you. Your opinion isn't especially valuable to me.

So yeah. Take it to a PM and quit spamming up the thread, Mr. Hypocrite.

Is this really even a thing? This forum never ceases to amaze. I think Billie is one of the most beautiful people to walk this planet, and even I'm rational enough to say he looks like a goddamn ugly hobo in that picture. Which is fine. We all have those pictures that aren't meant for the Internet. But to get this upset about people criticizing his appearance is laughable.

There are things said in the fangirls thread that make me want to tear my eyes out, and would seriously offend most humans way more than "he looked better when he was on drugs" said in jest. One is appearance-based (is it REALLY that big of a deal people, Jesus Christ), and the other consists of terrifying, sexual statements and photos from teenaged and young-20s women. If we're going to use the "his friends read this forum" argument, then delete the entire "revealed" thread and all the pictures zoomed in on his man-gina from iHeart. I'd argue that situation, involving women half his age, is a little more harmful than us criticizing his appearance in some ungroomed selfie from Starbucks.

Anyone with a functioning brain knows that what Kay said was in jest. People say things like "I liked him better fat" (i.e. Patrick Stump) about celebrities all the time. It doesn't make it right, but it's obviously a joke, coming from someone like Kay, who contributes more to Billie's paycheck via tickets and merch than many who are on this forum and talks about how beautiful he is on a consistent basis. The psycho stalker fans on here are much scarier and aren't subjected to such censorship or criticism. I mean, you're free to criticize away, but it just makes you look stupid, when viewing the situation from an objective perspective.

Is this really even a thing? This forum never ceases to amaze. I think Billie is one of the most beautiful people to walk this planet, and even I'm rational enough to say he looks like a goddamn ugly hobo in that picture. Which is fine. We all have those pictures that aren't meant for the Internet. But to get this upset about people criticizing his appearance is laughable.

There are things said in the fangirls thread that make me want to tear my eyes out, and would seriously offend most humans way more than "he looked better when he was on drugs" said in jest. One is appearance-based (is it REALLY that big of a deal people, Jesus Christ), and the other consists of terrifying, sexual statements and photos from teenaged and young-20s women. If we're going to use the "his friends read this forum" argument, then delete the entire "revealed" thread and all the pictures zoomed in on his man-gina from iHeart. I'd argue that situation, involving women half his age, is a little more harmful than us criticizing his appearance in some ungroomed selfie from Starbucks.

Anyone with a functioning brain knows that what Kay said was in jest. People say things like "I liked him better fat" (i.e. Patrick Stump) about celebrities all the time. It doesn't make it right, but it's obviously a joke, coming from someone like Kay, who contributes more to Billie's paycheck via tickets and merch than many who are on this forum and talks about how beautiful he is on a consistent basis. The psycho stalker fans on here are much scarier and aren't subjected to such censorship or criticism. I mean, you're free to criticize away, but it just makes you look stupid, when viewing the situation from an objective perspective.

Again, it's not about criticizing his appearance. It was the joke that he looked better when he did drugs, and the insinuation that went along with it.

I pointed out that it was a dumb thing to say, Kay responded with "I'm sorry, it's my actual opinion. I'm not even dicking around anymore." She tried to justify her comments with some sincerity, which conflated the two issues together (how he looks, versus the thing I took issue with, which was how dumb the joke was). I'm not telling people not to criticize how he looks.

Also, don't pretend that we don't tell people when they go too far off in the fangirl/stalking stuff.

Also, don't pretend that we don't tell people when they go too far off in the fangirl/stalking stuff.

I just don't see how displaying his pubic hair in your signature and going on at length about how you want to fuck him is any less objectifying than a comment about his doing drugs. He's not a sex toy, but that's what he's treated as a lot of the time.

I just don't see how displaying his pubic hair in your signature and going on at length about how you want to fuck him is any less objectifying than a comment about his doing drugs. He's not a sex toy, but that's what he's treated as a lot of the time.

Well, I don't have sigs enabled so I haven't seen that. When someone had it as their avatar before I asked them to change it. Not because people view him as a sex toy, but because I don't consider that SFW.

As for the comment about objectifying him - you tell me if you see any difference between someone telling you "you look good, I'd like to fuck you" and "you looked better before, you should start doing drugs again." Yes, both objectify, surely you see the difference though.

I don't understand how him having a grey'ish beard has anything to do with doing drugs or not.

Well, I don't have sigs enabled so I haven't seen that. When someone had it as their avatar before I asked them to change it. Not because people view him as a sex toy, but because I don't consider that SFW.

As for the comment about objectifying him - you tell me if you see any difference between someone telling you "you look good, I'd like to fuck you" and "you looked better before, you should start doing drugs again." Yes, both objectify, surely you see the difference though.

Except, as stated at length, Kay was clearly joking and a lot of the sex stuff is clearly not. If she had been remotely serious that would've warranted this reaction, but the fact is she was clearly joking and would never say something like that seriously, and I think all this admonishment as a result is unwarranted. And while you yourself are responding specifically to the drugs comment, pretty much everyone else who freaked out did so merely because—gasp!—Kay and Ceadog and I dared to say we don't find him very attractive with his current look. That is why this is so fucking absurd.

Again, it's not about criticizing his appearance. It was the joke that he looked better when he did drugs, and the insinuation that went along with it.

I pointed out that it was a dumb thing to say, Kay responded with "I'm sorry, it's my actual opinion. I'm not even dicking around anymore." She tried to justify her comments with some sincerity, which conflated the two issues together (how he looks, versus the thing I took issue with, which was how dumb the joke was). I'm not telling people not to criticize how he looks.

I'm going to go ahead and quote Andres here as I'm just noticing all the replies and assuming some are directed at me because I too took issue with the drug comment. Some people make obvious sarcastic comments every 15 seconds eg Ceadog and it's fairly obvious this picture is hardly attractive or whatever (pathetic) people like to drool over but poking fun at a wild looking Billie and comments about how he was better off doing drugs because he was skinnier are so vastly different there is no comparison. If people think that comment is fine then I've clearly underestimated how much the fanbase has changed since I got into the band.

Except, as stated at length, Kay was clearly joking and a lot of the sex stuff is clearly not. If she had been remotely serious that would've warranted this reaction, but the fact is she was clearly joking and would never say something like that seriously, and I think all this admonishment as a result is unwarranted. And while you yourself are responding specifically to the drugs comment, pretty much everyone else who freaked out did so merely because—gasp!—Kay and Ceadog and I dared to say we don't find him very attractive with his current look. That is why this is so fucking absurd.

For me personally, I just get annoyed and defensive when people say stupid things about the band and act like they're not real people capable of reading the things they write. Sorry that I don't just go off and say "oh there goes Ceadog and his friends again, making silly jokes. ha ha. too funny."

This argument seems pretty pointless to me. Is there really any use in carrying it on?

I agree that the sexual stuff is equally bad or worse, I've never been in that fangirl thread because I know it'd just annoy me. I think for most people the issue with the drug joke probably isn't even the comment itself, but more the fact that addiction isn't really something to joke about. We all deal with that stuff differently and being sensitive about it is as valid as finding it funny. But whatever.

I was only joking haha, obviously when he cuts his hair and has a shave he'll look young again. We're mainly used to seeing him on tour and tv where he looks his best.

Of course people will say they were joking about it :rolleyes: Although I wasn't being direct at you, so don't worry! :)

No, but really... it's my (or our) problem if we get mad at others because they start "joking" (that's how they call it). But I don't like when everyone thinks they should add something just because everybody's doing it, and at the end of the day is all repetitive and boring, clearly not funny, hurtful and fucking disrespectful, I don't care what they think if I'm taking it too seriously or whatever, there are ways :) and ways :mad: to be funny and if some fans are gonna act the last way, then Green Day should stop showing themselves because obviously we're never happy about anything. And I'm sure you all would rather to see him like this than don't seeing him at all :tired: So yeah, think before you say or... just shut up because he looks adorable :happy::wub:

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived