Green Day Instagram Photos

Liam

But the funny part is that he's actually wearing a ring in that video and also in the Geezer pic...? :lol: 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the funny part is that he's actually wearing a ring in that video and also in the Geezer pic...? :lol: 

He isn't wearing a ring in the video hence the world is ending... #ringgate and all that jazz ?

As for Geezer...he is "married" to Selma Blair's character in Geezer which is why he is wearing a ring on the set.

Continue freaking out folks...the end is nigh ?

He isn't wearing a ring in the video hence the world is ending... #ringgate and all that jazz ?

As for Geezer...he is "married" to Selma Blair's character in Geezer which is why he is wearing a ring on the set.

Continue freaking out folks...the end is nigh ?

Ahhh... I can't tell if you're being serious or not about the first part :lol:, but https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nmwn7n0jx8f4b7/ring.png?dl=0 (I really need to relearn how to insert photos here, I always forget).

I love the look on Billie's face.  It is a "Is this kid really part of my DNA" look.  I get that look almost every day.

Ahhh... I can't tell if you're being serious or not about the first part :lol:, but https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nmwn7n0jx8f4b7/ring.png?dl=0 (I really need to relearn how to insert photos here, I always forget).

That isn't a ring that is a tattoo he has had for the better part of forever  He seriously isn't wearing a wedding ring. Thats about as much of my post you should take seriously ?

That isn't a ring that is a tattoo he has had for the better part of forever  He seriously isn't wearing a wedding ring. Thats about as much of my post you should take seriously ?

Oh you're right that's probably his Adeline tatoo, it looked like a ring to me :P 

Oh you're right that's probably his Adeline tatoo, it looked like a ring to me :P 

Actually nope it's his heart ♥ tattoo which he has had way longer (90's) and is on his left hand.

Don't worry, I'm not going to start spamming, I promise :P Yes, I saw an anon who found the fact that he takes it off in private very suspect.

Oh wow :lol:, still at least there's not that many of them.

I love the look on Billie's face.  It is a "Is this kid really part of my DNA" look.  I get that look almost every day.

Haha totally! He has his parent face on.

Not that I care about ringgate, but that's not his ring in that photo, that's his heart tattoo on his middle finger, not his ring finger.

Not that I care about ringgate, but that's not his ring in that photo, that's his heart tattoo on his middle finger, not his ring finger.

Yes we've been talking about that :P It looked like it could be a ring to me at first.

Yes we've been talking about that :P It looked like it could be a ring to me at first.

woooops missed the rest of that convo :lol:  

The awkward moment when Tré Cool thanks God... 

Yeah not sure I've ever heard anything religion related come out of his mouth that wasn't a joke or disparaging before. But I don't think he's ever actually stated his religious beliefs either. Could just be using it as a figure of speech though so who knows.

Yeah not sure I've ever heard anything religion related come out of his mouth that wasn't a joke or disparaging before. But I don't think he's ever actually stated his religious beliefs either. Could just be using it as a figure of speech though so who knows.

Actually I do recall someone tweeted last year that they or their dad had been talking to Tré and Sara about religion...If I recall correctly he was a preacher and they had specifically met him by the looks of the tweet. I remember thinking and discussing on here how odd it was. I still find any mention of God in relation to Tré as odd though ?

Actually I do recall someone tweeted last year that they or their dad had been talking to Tré and Sara about religion...If I recall correctly he was a preacher and they had specifically met him by the looks of the tweet. I remember thinking and discussing on here how odd it was. I still find any mention of God in relation to Tré as odd though ?

Interesting! Does sound different from usual in regards to Tre, but then again maybe like the other band members he's happy to criticize or make fun of religion/certain aspects of religion without necessarily being totally anti religion.

Interesting! Does sound different from usual in regards to Tre, but then again maybe like the other band members he's happy to criticize or make fun of religion/certain aspects of religion without necessarily being totally anti religion.

Or maybe he's had a religious awakening ? 

faaaairly sure non religious people use 'thank god' as a phrase all the time...

ignore them. They just like finding controversie where there is none. 

I don't like finding controversy :lol:, I said he could just be using it as a figure of speech and that he's never properly talked about his beliefs before so either way it's not that surprising for him to say it. It's just that he's always been very irreverent about and anti religion in his comments on the subject (stating "God doesn't exist" and stuff) and (unlike Billie and Mike) never said anything pro it publicly as far as I know so it does stand out as a slightly unusual phrase for him to use. At most probably just means he isn't anti it as previously assumed, not saying it says anything about what he does or doesn't believe.

Personally, I use "thank god" and "Jesus" very often and I'm not religious. It's never occurred to me that someone might think I'm religious because of that. 

Yeah saying it off the cuff like "oh thank god for that" etc is something pretty much everyone does but in a more serious context like "I thank God she is here in my life" it's kind of an unusual thing for someone who has previously come off as non religious and disliking of religion to say and therefore mildly comment-worthy. But like I said all it actually tells us is he's not so anti religion that he wouldn't use a religious phrase, not saying anything about his beliefs can be judged from it.

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived