Creative, Strange, Novelty, WTF and Least Expected Green Day covers

Iva

After there was a lounge version of Longview for Dookie's 20th anniversary and a contemporary dance version of When I Come Around, I thought that it would be pretty interesting to keep them all in a single thread, in case anybody ever needs them for research or whatever. These covers don't have to be bad-weird, they can also be good-weird and it's clear that the lounge version of Longview would more often be perceived as that.

So, the year is 1995. The Eurodance producers all over Europe, as well as in Canada and Brazil have gone gaga covering alternative rock hits. For example, there was a bunch of Cranberries covers made in Spain. But how about the sudden punk explosion? But, of course.

So, here's a video of an Italian one-time dance act named Grab Men and their super-cheerful version of Basket Case. It was only logical that the third super-big song from the super-big album gets an unexpected cover.

Contribute your creative, strange, novelty, WTF and least expected Green Day covers here. Your bedroom, drunk pub and such efforts count only if they are pretty good or too bad, or if they've gone viral. :) Talent show performances from around the world count as well.

Alanis definitely needs a mention here.

Oh, does this count? It's a really, really shit version of Basket Case.

Oh, does this count? It's a really, really shit version of Basket Case.

Is it bad that I don't find this that awful? It's not great by any means, but Lavigne is capable of far far worse.

Is it bad that I don't find this that awful? It's not great by any means, but Lavigne is capable of far far worse.

I dunno, I saw a video of her doing American Idiot a while back and it was cutting between her live version and Green Day doing it live on Top of the Pops, and it really highlighted how weak hers was.

Weezer's first two albums, The Blue Album and Pinkerton, are some of my favorite albums of all time, but this cover is simply awful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q954up_FmD4

This one is in bad quality and such

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD3Y-V3CfGU\

This one is worse than the first.

Well they said the covers can be good-weird too, so I guess I can bring up American Edit. Honestly I liked it quite a bit. And I especially liked the dance remix of Boulevard. I'm usually not into stuff like that but I don't know. This time it was pretty good. This might be a bit much, but I'll just post the full album thingy here.

• 2 weeks later...

I was struggling to get through this but I nearly died when the rap came in. Oh my god.

Why do people always feel the need to put a rap in. :lol:

I love that Hayseed Dixie cover. Does anyone remember when some country/bluegrass covers were put up on GDA a couple of years ago? I can't remember the band name, but they were pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose this cover fits under creative in a way, because it's on piano instead of guitar. Well, anyway, I just wanted to post it because it's really good and this seemed like the only somewhat active cover thread at the moment :lol:

^ I really love piano covers. They are so nice to listen to.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a Deathgrind cover of "When I Come Around" on the new "Milking the Goatmachine" album - it sounds ridiculous. Unfortunately it's not on YouTube, because they are not too popular and their album just came out.

Milking-The-Goatmachine-Greatest-Hits-Co

If anyone wants to listen to it - let me know

Archived