"Dirty Rotten Bastards" Piano Cover

Anaïs.

So, I got the urge to record something this afternoon, and below is the result. It's pretty ragged towards the end, as power chords at this speed are a bitch to play on a keyboard and my fingers were already pretty sore, and although it's hard to tell from the audio, I was hitting the keys really fucking hard; as well, the audio is a little weird at parts due to its being recorded as a MIDI file and converted to an mp3. That said, hope you like it!

I like how you try to do the guitar solo. I think it gets lost a little, but it's a helluva a difficult solo, so it doesn't matter really.

Also enjoyed stalking and seeing what you look like / sound like! :P

I like how you try to do the guitar solo. I think it gets lost a little, but it's a helluva a difficult solo, so it doesn't matter really.

Yeah, solos are my weak point when it comes to figuring stuff out by ear; Green Day's usually pretty easy as their solos just follow the melody, but this one I had to half-ass.

Fucking hell Mr Praxus could you just not be so fabulous please?

You're too kind. :D

If you wanted, I could send you a scan of the solo from the official sheet music? Unless you'd consider that cheating, anyway. :P

If you wanted, I could send you a scan of the solo from the official sheet music? Unless you'd consider that cheating, anyway. :P

As much as I'd like to accept, I'm kinda bound by my ethical code of figuring it all out by ear. :P Thanks muchly for the offer, though. :)

Dude, this is amazing! Great work! I think you should do Nightlife next :lol:

Dude, this is amazing! Great work! I think you should do Nightlife next :lol:

It'll be a cold day in hell. :P

As much as I'd like to accept, I'm kinda bound by my ethical code of figuring it all out by ear. :P Thanks muchly for the offer, though. :)

Me too to be honest, I only bought the book because I'm a Green Day completist. The only thing I've ever used it for is sending Certified Nimrod the solo of Drama Queen :lol:

I'm very hit and miss when it comes to figuring things out by ear. I can often pick up chord progressions, or the odd chord here and there, but not always the key. There's little hope of me getting a solo, unless it's simple. So I tend to buy / torrent the tab books.

The only thing I've ever used it for is sending Certified Nimrod the solo of Drama Queen :lol:

I feel special :wub:

Wow, that sounds... weird... how is it that I immediately imagine a music-box with a little doll waltzing...? :D

Archived