Who Is The Greatest Frontman? Vote for Billie!

WorryRock02

I think the voting is over, but it's' 50:50.

What will they do now? :ninja:

EDIT: Also, I just read that these are just the guys from A-D.

Apparently, Billie Joe got 19 votes more than David Boyd (you can see the absolute number of votes now). Interestingly enough, there are about 1,000 votes more for Billie Joe vs. David Boyd (combined) than for Kurt Cobain vs. Aaron Bruno.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

65-35 Billie
I expected it to be much closer vs Kurt, but this is far from over. Keep it up Idiots!

how is Freddie Mercury not on this?

"P.S. Was your favorite frontman left out of this bracket? No worries. This is a 4-part series (and we're only covering frontmen from A-D in this round). So you'll probably see him soon enough."

I love them both but lets face it Kurt hasn't been a front man for nearly 20 years. I'll give this one to Billie.

Billie's so much better than Kurt ever was. That said, I'm quite surprised at how this is going.

Joking right?

Joking right?

No, why? Billie is a better singer, arguably a better songwriter, has more live energy, is a fantastic band leader, more versatile and isn't overrated out of being dead.

No, why? Billie is a better singer, arguably a better songwriter, has more live energy, is a fantastic band leader, more versatile and isn't overrated out of being dead.

By saying energy clearly youve never seen a Nirvana show... watch 4/09/93 or any of the multiple destruction shows...

Songwriter subjective Billie hasnt written anything as emotional as Aneursym or You Know Your Right or Serve The Servants or Dumb... imo but then Kurt couldnt write a Jesus Of Suburbia or 21st Century Breakdown either I think song writing is subjective to each person...

Singing Billie could never sing like Kurt where as Kurt could do a GD song escp 1039 to Warning era Billie...

But yes Billie is a better front man at shows something I wouldnt deny him

I will admit that im a diehard Nirvana fan so im biased ill admit that

I've recently started liking a lot of Nirvana music. I used to call them severely overrated, but after listening to their discography all the way through including In Utero a ton and Nevermind even more, I'd say they are a good band and slightly overrated. They changed music though, and they deserve a lot of credit for that. I've also watched a lot of Nirvana live performances, and I'd agree that Billie is a much better showman and frontman. I'm sure if Kurt were alive it would be an interesting competition, but I just like Billie's style more.

I've recently started liking a lot of Nirvana music. I used to call them severely overrated, but after listening to their discography all the way through including In Utero a ton and Nevermind even more, I'd say they are a good band and slightly overrated. They changed music though, and they deserve a lot of credit for that. I've also watched a lot of Nirvana live performances, and I'd agree that Billie is a much better showman and frontman. I'm sure if Kurt were alive it would be an interesting competition, but I just like Billie's style more.

Frontman yeah showman um i disagree strongly

How so? Only wild thing Billie done is performed nude and runs around

Kurt crowd surfed regularly jacked off live on mtv brazil and wore bra and lingerie at a show in front of 100k people climbed on top of venues to jump on top of the drums destroy guitars and stage for 20+ mins on a nightly basis...

Showmanship wise I think Kurt clearly wins that one

Frontman wise and crowd interaction Billie wins

By saying energy clearly youve never seen a Nirvana show... watch 4/09/93 or any of the multiple destruction shows...

Songwriter subjective Billie hasnt written anything as emotional as Aneursym or You Know Your Right or Serve The Servants or Dumb... imo but then Kurt couldnt write a Jesus Of Suburbia or 21st Century Breakdown either I think song writing is subjective to each person...

Singing Billie could never sing like Kurt where as Kurt could do a GD song escp 1039 to Warning era Billie...

But yes Billie is a better front man at shows something I wouldnt deny him

I will admit that im a diehard Nirvana fan so im biased ill admit that

I've seen plenty of Nirvana shows, obviously Kurt had energy but Billie's still a very energetic performer.

As for vocals, maybe Kurt could match Billie vocally up until Warning (although personally I disagree), but that was 14 years ago. Billie's improved beyond measure since then and there's no way Kurt would ever match him these days.

Well, since it's a poll for best frontman I guess you've admitted defeat :P

I've seen plenty of Nirvana shows, obviously Kurt had energy but Billie's still a very energetic performer.

As for vocals, maybe Kurt could match Billie vocally up until Warning (although personally I disagree), but that was 14 years ago. Billie's improved beyond measure since then and there's no way Kurt would ever match him these days.

Well, since it's a poll for best frontman I guess you've admitted defeat :P

I think they are both great at least for me and also for different reasons

Nirvana music saved my life made me not kill myself escp when I became sick with my illness in 96 (I was already a fan in 92)

I love Green Day and their music and how they've gotten better from album to album and alot of songs I relate to

So I wont be upset if and when Billie wins this poll

I'll just be voting until my hands break.

I love Nirvana, but Billie Joe is my homeslice.

I seriously can't make this final vote. Nirvana means too much to me. Love them both Xx

Been a Nirvana fan since I was about 6 but Billie's certainly a better frontman! As for why Billie's winning so easily it's probably just that there isn't a Nirvana forum that's heard about this poll.

Archived