Hermione

Vegetarians and Vegans

Goofygoldfish

Supply and demand, less demand, and less will be bred! 

• Like 1

Hermione

Yeah and like, I do kind of get the argument that there's not a huge amount of value in each individual person giving up meat since the effect from that one person will be very very very small. It's true it's only a drop in the ocean. That's why I don't think anyone should feel bad if they can't or don't want to give it up for whatever reasons. But 1) there's a cumulative effect of millions of people being vegan/vegetarian or just cutting down on meat or switching to meat from more ethical sources etc that does make a difference and 2) even if it had no effect at all if you think the meat industry is wrong and therefore don't want to support it and would hate eating meat with the thought of how it was produced then there's no reason why you shouldn't give it up purely for yourself and your own conscience and preference.

• Like 4

solongfromthestars

Another good vegan adaptation I made. I was a bit worried about not being able to make my partner's favourite, baked macaroni cheese with Quorn bacon. I tried it with Violife cheese and Taifun smoked tofu. Success! They liked it even more than the original :D 

47583839_146127476368716_228547542192859

I used shiitake mushrooms because I had them and they gave it a rich, earthy flavour, but it can be made with any mushrooms.

• Like 2

Rumpelstiltskin2000

This one is easy to make - "Pine nut and basil risotto". Only downside is that it does take a long time for the arborio rice to soak up the stock. If anyone would like the recipe let me know:

tEgl1uT.jpg

• Like 4

Montclare

That vegan bakery did another pop up shop today.  Got a brownie, rice krispie treat, mini-Oreo pie, and cupcakes for work.  And Longview was playing when I walked into the store. :)

ly3xHjf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Rumpelstiltskin2000
5 hours ago, Montclare said:

That vegan bakery did another pop up shop today.  Got a brownie, rice krispie treat, mini-Oreo pie, and cupcakes for work.  And Longview was playing when I walked into the store. :)

That place looks fantastic!

Montclare
5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

That place looks fantastic!

They are! Too bad they can't seem to get a brick and mortar place going. Although if they opened one by me, I'd probably go broke. 😄

The Insider

@Montclare are they choc chip cookies on top of the cupcakes?

Montclare
8 hours ago, The Insider said:

@Montclare are they choc chip cookies on top of the cupcakes?

Yup!

• Like 1