Bruno Mars Throw In Some Green Day?

TmastaTay

During the Super Bowl performance around 6:45-7:00 minutes in Bruno Mars starts saying "a little bit softer now" repeatedly and then says "a little bit louder now"

I know when Green Day performs King For A Day Billie Joe does that, is this from another song and Billie Joe covers it or is this Billie Joe's own thing?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the Super Bowl performance around 6:45-7:00 minutes in Bruno Mars starts saying "a little bit something now" repeatedly and then says "a little bit louder now"

I know when Green Day performs King For A Day Billie Joe does that, is this from another song and Billie Joe covers it or is this Billie Joe's own thing?

It's from the song "Shout." :)

Alright thanks everyone. :) When I heard it I instantly thought of Green Day. :P

You're not the only one. I turned to my friend and said, "he's channeling his inner Billie."

From the Isley Brothers...

But I wouldnt be shocked if Bruno was a GD fan he is a big fanatic of all music...

From the Isley Brothers...

But I wouldnt be shocked if Bruno was a GD fan he is a big fanatic of all music...

And he did do that lil Green Day bit on SNL for the Pandora sketch. Haha

It's from the song shout, he could just be a Beatle's fan. Although it's nice to think it's because of Billie. :happy:

It's from the song shout, he could just be a Beatle's fan. Although it's nice to think it's because of Billie. :happy:

Why would The Beatles have anything to do with it?

Why would The Beatles have anything to do with it?

They have a cover of the song.

Leave it to rappers like him to not be original.

Bruno Mars a rapper? That's laughable.

Bruno is probably one of my favourite pop singers, he's really good live and he's just a wee qt :wub:

I wouldn't call him a rapper though lol

Yeah, it's not like any big punk rock bands cover that song...

If someone raps they're a rapper.

/argument

But he doesnt rap he sings...

He's pop

No music store has him under the rap section...

None of Bruno Mars' songs have rapping from my knowledge but I don't have his newest cd so don't quote me. I like him a lot- tons of people do covers including ha-hem Green day. Doing covers are just for fun - they are obviously are not meant to be an original experience. I don't know why Bruno Mars has to be scrutinized for saying those lines and accused for not being original.

He's actually pretty original bringing back the old school 50's vibe. I would love to see him live

Haha why would people think Bruno Mars is a rapper? More than one person just in this thread? The mind boggles.

1. Bruno Mars isn't a rapper

2. Billie isn't original either then, since he does the exact same thing when Green Day cover Shout

3. Why is this thread in General Chat? *moves to Green Day Chat*

Bruno has had B.o.B. and Lupe on songs but Bruno hasnt actually rapped just sung

So if having a rapper on a song with you singing makes you a rapper than Green Day must be a rap group now...

Archived