• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rumpelstiltskin2000

• desertrose

• Beerjeezus

• GenXIdiot

That photo looks late for Dookie. I’ve seen others from that time with Rob Cavallo and Billie had the dreadlocks still. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That photo looks late for Dookie. I’ve seen others from that time with Rob Cavallo and Billie had the dreadlocks still. 

Yeah, I've seen those too. It's from a documentary about Dookie made around that time though so I can't see that being incorrect. Maybe the dreads are just squashed by the headphones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Yeah, I've seen those too. It's from a documentary about Dookie made around that time though so I can't see that being incorrect. Maybe the dreads are just squashed by the headphones.

Idk, they could have just thrown a random studio photo in there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Don't remember ever seeing this one before. Billie recording Dookie at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley, where he also recorded Look For Love.

‘Fantasy Studios definitely had that Seventies coke-y vibe, mahogany and strange dead wood around the place. We would go into the vaults and see all of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s master tapes. But I felt we belonged there. Our first album cost $700 to make. Kerplunk! was like $1200. “Let’s record these as fast as we can – because we don’t have a choice.” This time, I learned how to dial in good sounds, get the best guitar tones. I was able to take a little time doing vocals. I loved that experience.’ (source)

Is this definitely Dookie?  The pics I've seen of them recording it show him with dreads.  He looks more Nimrod era here.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't see the other responses.  I agree with @pacejunkie punk.

• Like 2

I agree, that really doesn't look like Dookie era Billie to me, docs are quite often wrong and mix stuff up I would say.

• Like 1

I am so in love with this picture right now! Maybe it's because I just had a dream involving this version of Billie, but damn! I've always been absolutely floored by this look. ❤️ The shades, the hair, the clothes, the eyes, the pose - everything is just perfect!

1da93b1a-125f-4193-b0dc-b3fb120d28a9-ori

And just look into these eyes! It's like you can see straight into his soul. :wub:

83af542a-62f4-482d-92ca-1111f02247d2-ori

• Like 3
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

They're such cool silhouette photos

• Like 2

@RedundantIdiot that pic of him in Amsterdam is one of my favourites ever, he looks fantastic in it 😍😍 thank you.

all these pics are great, love him in silhouette mad though that seems 💕💕

• Like 1

Rare picture of Billie Joe Armstrong. You can see him in the middle. The picture as been posted on Instagrab by gzbaebe but i don't know the original source

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Not convinced that’s Billie, am I the only one?

Doesn’t look like him to me either. 

• Like 1