• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rumpelstiltskin2000

• desertrose

• Beerjeezus

• GenXIdiot

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No it’s fine, what @squashie09 means is I was the original source of the photos, courtesy of Arica Pelino who shared them from her private collection (so credit goes to her):

Ah, OK  thanks for clearing that up! 

I follow you too, not sure how I didn't spot it... And very cheeky for them not to credit you for the photo (don't get me started on that rant!) 

The well done goes entirely to you (ill edit the earlier post!) well done!!! 

5 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion here but I don't really feel it's appropriate to share the Amanda photo so publicly. In about 30 years Billie has never shared a photo of her and if he wanted to he would have.  I  dated someone way back  who wasn't anywhere near as famous as Billie but boy was I glad he made absolutely certain to keep any new girlfriends, wives or fans away from me - that's off bounds. They used to want to meet me, take photos with me and compare themselves to me and that's incredibly creepy for the person involved. It's obviously ok for Arica to share the photo of herself but not her place to give a fan a photo of Amanda which is now all over the internet when she was so anonymous before.

I know it wasn't your intention to do any harm but maybe a private photo should stay just that - a private photo.

She gave this photo among many others to Corbett for use in the documentary. I think she’s feeling nostalgic and has a lot of stories she’s eager to share.  She’s respectful of Billie’s privacy and is in regular contact. If there was anything he didn’t want her to share, she wouldn’t. 

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 12:26 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

She gave this photo among many others to Corbett for use in the documentary. I think she’s feeling nostalgic and has a lot of stories she’s eager to share.  She’s respectful of Billie’s privacy and is in regular contact. If there was anything he didn’t want her to share, she wouldn’t. 

It still seems inappropriate to identify Amanda so publicly for fans to compare and comment after she's been anonymous all these years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

It still seems inappropriate to identify Amanda so publicly for fans to compare and comment after she's been anonymous all these years.

Also note how Corbett didnt use the photo

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Also note how Corbett didnt use the photo

She recorded hours of interviews and donated hundreds of items because initially it was intended to be a docu about Green Day. When the focus shifted to East Bay Punk a lot of material was dropped. I don’t think any other conclusions can be drawn by his directorial choices other than that. 

• Like 1

Let aside the debate about the use if the photo, I wouldn't have posted it myself but I must say Amanda is pretty much the way I imagined her to be... I can't be really unhappy to see a photo of her. I just hope it's okay for Billie, after all these years, if he gets to see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

She recorded hours of interviews and donated hundreds of items because initially it was intended to be a docu about Green Day. When the focus shifted to East Bay Punk a lot of material was dropped. I don’t think any other conclusions can be drawn by his directorial choices other than that. 

Of course we can't conclude why Corbett didn't use it. But that also means we can't conclude that it would ever have been used, let alone whether Amanda would have been identified in such a way. Just look at the comments on the Instagram post. Someone is comparing her to Adrienne and another is seeking out her surname. I can only imagine what fans are up to elsewhere. That's exactly what I described and without knowing for sure whether both Billie and Amanda explicitly consented to that, it feels very uncomfortable. If you can't draw certain conclusions, the respectful thing to do is keep it private.

• Like 3

This is another old photo I found in my copy of the "Woodstock and much more" bootleg CD:

tumblr_piqeobao341xeqo2io6_500.jpg

• Like 4