Billie Joe Armstrong Photos

BeachBum

23 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Fine, I guess the difference is that this time Arica posted the pictures on her Facebook page, including the pictures that were used in the documentary, inviting people to repost them by asking them to credit her appropriately when they do. Which people did. She didn't send them to anyone privately with terms nobody can review. Do we know she wanted you to share it? No, we just have to take your word for it. Arica makes a point of befriending fans on FB and counts on it that they will share the photos. She posted tons of them publicly, except for the Amanda picture. I honestly don't really object to sharing a picture of her because I am interested in how she was like, but you gotta understand that some people simply argued that Amanda has been private for so long, some even doubted she existed at all, that they weren't sure how to deal with her being exposed to the fanbase now. And the fanbase can be bad sometimes. Nobody was "outraged" by you posting the picture, it was simply discussed and when it was taken down, Hermione explained why. That's all there is to it.

Sorry but that’s plain wrong. 

The photo of Amanda was posted to the exact same private FB page that these were, they were not sent to me privately.  I asked her privately if they could be shared and she said yes with credit but she first posted them to everyone on her page along with many other photos included the two just posted here. There is not one shred of difference. 

Thank you @AlissaGoesRAWR 

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I’m just going to say it’s silly for any of these pictures to be hidden on here. I think it’s being overly vigilant. The pics were posted by the person who originally took them with the intent of them possibly being shared in a documentary. Corbin commented to her in one of her posts with the pics and is fully aware of them. She refers to them her archive, including the one with Amanda. Just my opinion.

I agree which is why I wondered why the controversy in the first place. But all I’m saying now is if you’re gonna have a rule make it consistent. All the photos came from the same place. 

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rumpelstiltskin2000

• desertrose

• Beerjeezus

• GenXIdiot

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sorry but that’s plain wrong. 

The photo of Amanda was posted to the exact same private FB page that these were, they were not sent to me privately.  I asked her privately if they could be shared and she said yes with credit but she first posted them to everyone on her page along with many other photos included the two just posted here. There is not one shred of difference. 

Ay geez sorry, it sounded to me like she gave them to you personally because you're always in contact with her, asking questions, if you couldn't tell from how I phrased my post. I didn't see them on her timeline either. I'm not going to argue about this because I actually agree that Arica's photos should be allowed here because she was their photographer for years and not only shot them behind the scenes but on stage as well. The photos have to come from somewhere, and inviting people to share them is as close as it gets to openly sharing them with the world herself. But I also happen to agree that in this specific case, sharing a picture of Amanda can be dicey for reasons that have already been mentioned, that's just my opinion.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Ay geez sorry, it sounded to me like she gave them to you personally because you're always in contact with her, asking questions, if you couldn't tell from how I phrased my post. I didn't see them on her timeline either. I'm not going to argue about this because I actually agree that Arica's photos should be allowed here because she was their photographer for years and not only shot them behind the scenes but on stage as well. The photos have to come from somewhere, and inviting people to share them is as close as it gets to openly sharing them with the world herself. But I also happen to agree that in this specific case, sharing a picture of Amanda can be dicey for reasons that have already been mentioned, that's just my opinion.

Has Arica herself posted her photos publicly though, for example on a public facebook page? Or just on a private FB page that she happened to be friends with some fans on? That's what makes the difference.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

^^^ So if I’m understanding the rule correctly, if the Amanda photo is considered private then so are these ^^^ They came from the same place. 

@pacejunkie punk there's no outrage for me, like others here I wasn't uninterested seeing Amanda, but I don't know if Amanda and Billie want this picture to be posted. I wouldn't post a picture that wasn't already public somewhere, even if it supposedly could have been posted in the east bay documentary (although I don't see why that particular photo just showing them together would have been posted).

• Like 3

Everyone who took issue with the Amanda photo was clear that it was the content of that photo specifically they were uncomfortable with. It was also about it being posted at all, not just on GDC. Because without being sure Amanda and even Billie explicitly consented to it being shared so publicly - which doesn't seem likely from the knowledge we have - it's dodgy. If they did, then it's fine, but we don't know. As for the mods, they removed it as they've now done with others because they violated the policy. They don't want to risk bothering the band, nothing else. No one involved ever said they had a problem with Arica's photos. @Rumpelstiltskin2000 literally said "It's obviously ok for Arica to share the photo of herself."

In fandoms it's inevitable people will sometimes disagree with you. That's all that happened here. There was no "outrage." It certainly wasn't ever an "attack" or "bullying." It was a polite disagreement out of concern for a woman who meant a lot to someone we all love.

• Like 3

In my opinion it's a bit questionable to post pictures of someone who hasn't consented, especially if it's someone who hasn't been "public" before at all, like Amanda. It might have been her choice or Billie's. The rest is no big deal imo.

• Like 2

H-h-h-hoooooooooot! 🤤😍 I'm so fucking in love with Billie right now I can't handle it!

Here's some more that I love:

e17b1211-26c5-4f25-a5f6-3f681d9daf1a-ori

cdd11be3-a58f-40c7-bd53-bc97b06e6ad1-ori

f5c2de1c-c866-40a1-accd-a267dc8e4ccd-ori

d2a314f1-49ab-42d0-9d04-a2cf545e70e3-ori

• Like 3

I checked back four pages and these hadn't been posted so here you go:

tumblr_pcjasqOg4h1w6ad87o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ou7zsbkJUu1tvw1h5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pcjasqOg4h1w6ad87o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_or9mtgXSV11sq4dlzo1_640.jpg

tumblr_pkogr8OJu71vdqibno1_640.jpg

tumblr_osxgnqCkZ11v06480o1_640.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 12/30/2018 at 12:01 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Oh my god, that 6th one down with the rain falling around him and the bright red shirt is just absolutely perfect! :wub:❤️

• Like 2

Don't remember ever seeing this one before. Billie recording Dookie at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley, where he also recorded Look For Love.

tumblr_pktuupeHvF1qiqs5ro1_1280.jpg

‘Fantasy Studios definitely had that Seventies coke-y vibe, mahogany and strange dead wood around the place. We would go into the vaults and see all of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s master tapes. But I felt we belonged there. Our first album cost $700 to make. Kerplunk! was like $1200. “Let’s record these as fast as we can – because we don’t have a choice.” This time, I learned how to dial in good sounds, get the best guitar tones. I was able to take a little time doing vocals. I loved that experience.’ (source)

• Like 3
  • Love 1