Happy 20th Anniversary DOOKIE!

R_Z-Log

Dookie is fucking monumental and should be treated as such. Happy birthday to Dookie. :wub:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 years of Dookie, aw yeah :woot: Happy birthday you awesome album you

Still haven't taken the time to listen to it today, I should hurry up.

Alas, Dookie was not the first album that initially got me into Green Day, but damn what a find when I finally encountered it. Twenty years later and it doesn't date itself one bit. "When masturbation's lost its fun/you're fucking lonely". What a phenomenally snarky, potent lyric that is. I usually listen to my headphones pretty loud and always secretly enjoy the double takes I receive when other people hear that come out of them. I could go on and on, but I mean the album speaks for itself. A necessary listen for anyone who enjoys music.

i sometimes wonder if i prefer dookie to american idiot. the storyline to AI is genius and so are every single songs but dookie's got something special i just can't describe.

Fuck! how many Threads are there going to be for this album anniversary??

Lets Squeeze out another DOOKIE thread

dumb-and-dumber15b15d2.jpg

I thought you guys might appreciate this... My husband and I were going out to run errands, and naturally we wanted to listen to Dookie. I said "Man, I wish there was a way to listen to the cassette tape in the car!" Apparently there was! So we got to listen to it the same way (more or less) that we listened to it for the first time twenty years ago :wub:

DOOKIETAPE_zpsaf2bad2d.jpg

Just finished listening to Dookie again. And damn, I forgot how fucking awesome that record is :happy:

Happy birthday Dookie! Listened and sang along to this album all day.. Thank you Billie, Mike and Trè.

Listening now! I love this so much I'm lost for words. I hope Billie posts an Instagram soon!

As for myself, I wasn't a Green Day fan back then. I was a single working mother who just turned thirty so I was busy with life. I still can't believe I missed this. Of course I heard the "hits" on the radio and loved them all. My daughter is 20 years old now and believe me, she knows every Dookie song. As well as my son who is thirteen. He's asking me now to turn my headphones down. Haha!

Happy 20th and Thank You for the memories

My favorite is "She". I figured it out.

Maybe but still good shit :lol:

Edit: I think it's genius. In the End is also my favorite. :D

I thought you guys might appreciate this... My husband and I were going out to run errands, and naturally we wanted to listen to Dookie. I said "Man, I wish there was a way to listen to the cassette tape in the car!" Apparently there was! So we got to listen to it the same way (more or less) that we listened to it for the first time twenty years ago :wub:

Aw a Walkman - I remember those :)

currently listening to the album from start to finish! one of my absolute favorites! happy 20th Dookie !

What a great album is Dookie. It's not my favorite but I must say it is legendary!! 20 years have gone so fast.... Oops, that's from another moment, another time :P

Anyways, Happy Birthday Dookie!! :D

PD: Hey Reprise, make my dream about this record come true.... I want a FUCKING 20th Anniversary Remastered and Expanded Edition of Dookie!!

I always forget how amazing Green Day are until I losten to them again, damn perfect record. :wub:

Can I borrow this photo for my long blog post, since I no longer have Dookie on tape, and my walkman is long gone, too?

Awesome.stuff.right.there.

Can I borrow this photo for my long blog post, since I no longer have Dookie on tape, and my walkman is long gone, too?

Awesome.stuff.right.there.

By all means, feel free to borrow! If you use it can you send me the link to the blog post?

Archived