My Guitar Covers

MrInsomniac0055

Probably in the wrong topic, but oh well. I've been doing guitar covers for a little while and figured I'd share them with you. I have some Green Day covers, but plan on doing more, tell me what you think, what you like, what you don't like, requests, anything haha

Because I'm terrible at everything there will be no embedded videos :P

Gear:

2008 Fender MiM Strat S/S/S

2010 Gibson Les Paul Junior

Fender Mustang I V.2

GK Strat Copy (played in older videos, since sold it)

Audacity

As far as what guitars and amps are used on what songs, chances are if Billie used blue, I used my strat and same for the Junior.

The amp model stays pretty much consist throughout all the covers

Metal 200

Gain 4-6

Volume 6-7

Bass 6-7 Mid 6-7 Treble 4 if using boost, but usually 5-6

Presence 10

Effects

Ranger Boost for older songs

Chorus for solos

and the usual, tremolo/delay/wah for BoBD

Songs

When I Come Around

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Homecoming

Having a Blast

Burnout

Holdiay/Boulevard (Sound Cloud)

Holiday (older)

American Idiot (older)

When I Come Around (older)

I never get how kids can afford Gibons and Fenders and expensive amps, but good covers.

I never get how kids can afford Gibons and Fenders and expensive amps, but good covers.

Well, my Fender was a gift from my brother, and my Gibson was a shitty summer job, saving up every dollar.. but thanks!

UPDATE: I've recorded a new cover. This time around I did it acoustically and provided the vocals, just because this song means soo much to me and I understand exactly how he felt.

May not be done processing, so just give it a while

I inherited all my Gibsons from my uncle, and bought my Fender for my 18th birthday with a combination of my wage and birthday money.

Well, I´m getting 21 four weeks and all my equipment is worth about 9500€ (~13 000$) and I payed absolutely everything by myself.

I play guitar since 2006 and back in school I spent the most of my pocket money (about 60$ per month) on music stuff (first two Gibsons when I went to school, third one came right after I finished school), never became a smoker and drank not that much and didn´t waste my money on expensive clothing etc ... nowadays I have a (at least for my age) well payed job but still live at home with my parents (but have to pay rents). Theoretical I could spend about a grand per month on new guitars and stuff ... wouldn´t be a problem. But I save up for leaving home, some holidays (2-3 weeks USA, Scotland etc.), to pay the rates for my car (I drive a new car). When you have a job, keep the incidental expenses low and can handle money, it´s not that hard. That´s normally those three things that student can´t do :lol: It´s not an impossible thing ... but it will become harder when I left home, definitely.

Back to topic: I basically like your sound. I´d recommend you not to use that much gain, maybe add some treble too. Your When I come around sound is pretty nice ... just turn back the gain a bit. You could doubletrack the guitars, that would make it sound much wider.

Well, I´m getting 21 four weeks and all my equipment is worth about 9500€ (~13 000$) and I payed absolutely everything by myself.

I play guitar since 2006 and back in school I spent the most of my pocket money (about 60$ per month) on music stuff (first two Gibsons when I went to school, third one came right after I finished school), never became a smoker and drank not that much and didn´t waste my money on expensive clothing etc ... nowadays I have a (at least for my age) well payed job but still live at home with my parents (but have to pay rents). Theoretical I could spend about a grand per month on new guitars and stuff ... wouldn´t be a problem. But I save up for leaving home, some holidays (2-3 weeks USA, Scotland etc.), to pay the rates for my car (I drive a new car). When you have a job, keep the incidental expenses low and can handle money, it´s not that hard. That´s normally those three things that student can´t do :lol: It´s not an impossible thing ... but it will become harder when I left home, definitely.

Back to topic: I basically like your sound. I´d recommend you not to use that much gain, maybe add some treble too. Your When I come around sound is pretty nice ... just turn back the gain a bit. You could doubletrack the guitars, that would make it sound much wider.

I'm starting to do some work with doubletracking now! ut yeah, less gain for sure!

I'm starting to do some work with doubletracking now! ut yeah, less gain for sure!

Even less gain if you're doubletracking too, as the distortion just stacks up and you lose clarity.

Don´t forget to pan the tracks when doubletracking ... 100% left/right, 67%, 33% and center for example. When you don´t do that the sound won´t change that much, just getting louder.

Just an example how different it can sound:
http://audiour.com/playlist/bf5aowug

Only two tracks (mic´d with two microphones) at the beginning, then eight tracks (played it four times = eight tracks when mic´d with two mics) and panned that way I mentioned. You also gotta play around with the phases of the tracks (just invert some phases and look what sounds best).

I'm in the process of uploading all of the guitar covers I've done in the past year, A large portion of them are not Green Day, but figured you'd like to hearthem anyways

Archived