Do Outtakes even Exist?

TwoAfter908

Yeah, I really want that extremely compressed version of the song too. It would be kinda cool to hear it.

What?

Yeah, I'm 99% sure it was Idiotic Tendency and 99% confident it's total bull.

I hope not.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?

I'm talking about the high amount of compression on 21stCB

Well we know it was recorded for 21CBD right? So it's just a matter of somebody obtaining it. It's possible it's true.

Get the HDTracks version ;)

I have it. :)

Well we know it was recorded for 21CBD right? So it's just a matter of somebody obtaining it. It's possible it's true.

Hope so. I have no idea who this guy is. I searched his username in the search but it turned no results

Hope so. I have no idea who this guy is. I searched his username in the search but it turned no results

Well it's not a good idea for all of us to send a clusterfuck of messages to him, Tman is on it so we'll let him deal with it. I checked my PMs with him and when I clicked his profile, it said the account was deleted, so he's not here anymore. I know he's on other social sites though.

I searched his username in the search but it turned no results

Idiotic Tendency? He was permabanned awhile back, I think.

Idiotic Tendency? He was permabanned awhile back, I think.

Oh right. Damn

If you can find one of his many, many dupe accounts on here I'm sure you could message him anyway :lol:

But seriously, I wouldn't encourage it. Let Tman do his thing.

What did he do to get banned, anyways?

If I remember and understand correctly, he kept threatening self-harm and was banned so he could find proper help.

I guess the closest would be some of the mess ups that have happened live :lol: Even the best live band in the world messes up occasionally :happy:

Billie messing up the intro to Good Riddance and then saying "Fuck." could be an outtake...but they just left it in anyway :lol: So I guess it doesn't count. Maybe one day we'll hear them as Not Anyone said. :happy:

They added that to bring some humor and levity to the song, Billie said.

I believe you, but do you have a source for that?

I guess the closest would be some of the mess ups that have happened live :lol: Even the best live band in the world messes up occasionally :happy:

I adore their messups. Adds a more human element to them, that and Billie is a totall doll when he screws anything up.

Well, going back to the topic.... Technically Green Day has several re-recording/original versions and radio mixes/edits with changed lyrics (to censor strong language). If you wanna listen to them, I uploaded some of them in my youtube channel (Insomniac1984)

Re-recordings:

* 409 in your coffeemaker (Unmixed)

Original versions/Not final version/Remixes, etc

* Hold on (The harmonica is a little bit different, also the back vocal from Billie's "HEY" sounds lower)

* Maria

* Good Riddance (Original version)

* Haushinka (From Dookie Demos)

* Don't wanna fall in love (From Dookie Demos)

* 21st Century Breakdown (Demo)

* Brain stew (Godzilla remix)

* I fought the law (Rhythms del mundo version.... it is in Salsa rhythm)

* Homecoming (HD Tracks version... it has a TV distortion with a random speech sound effect in the middle of the song)

Radio mixes/Edits (I won't include radio edits which just are "shorter versions" of the songs)

* Kill the DJ (Radio edit... Change some lyrics)

* Walking Contradiction (Radio Edit #2, It sounds exactly to the videoclip version)

* Prosthetic Head (Wide Mix, sounds more rough and it is a little bit shorter than Nimrod version)

* Redundant (Richard Dodd Wide Mix.... here I can't perceive which is the difference with Nimrod version)

* Last of the American girls (Radio Mix.... it sounds more poppy)

Remastered songs

* 2000 light years away (Jerky Boys OST... the drums sound way better than Kerplunk version)

* Maria (original version... remastered by iTunes. It sounds way better than a Vynil rip floating on internet)

I hope I could help you :)

I think it was an accident when they actually recorded the song, but they decided to leave it in to add levity. I don't think he planned to mess it up intentionally, I could be wrong though.

lol I laughed just reading that name. Funny shit, I don't even know why that exists.

Anyway the closest thing I know to an actual outtake rather than a demo or an alternate take would be the tiny little fragment of St. Jimmy we heard in that documentary about the making of AI that wasn't Heart Like A Handgrenade. Billie says "like a stray dog on parade" in it.

I dunno. Obviously that kind of thing exists but in the digital age of recording, compared to The Beatles doing their shit on tapes, I doubt Green Day even keeps tracks on which they mess up.

Well, going back to the topic.... Technically Green Day has several re-recording/original versions and radio mixes/edits with changed lyrics (to censor strong language). If you wanna listen to them, I uploaded some of them in my youtube channel (Insomniac1984)

I think there was also another version of Boulevard of Broken Dreams called the "Pop Clean Edit". No idea what it sounds like because it's only been seen on ebay and no one here has purchased it lol.

I think there was also another version of Boulevard of Broken Dreams called the "Pop Clean Edit". No idea what it sounds like because it's only been seen on ebay and no one here has purchased it lol.

It's just the censored version

I believe you, but do you have a source for that?

I don't :( I heard this years ago. Dunno where.

lol I laughed just reading that name. Funny shit, I don't even know why that exists.

Anyway the closest thing I know to an actual outtake rather than a demo or an alternate take would be the tiny little fragment of St. Jimmy we heard in that documentary about the making of AI that wasn't Heart Like A Handgrenade. Billie says "like a stray dog on parade" in it.

I dunno. Obviously that kind of thing exists but in the digital age of recording, compared to The Beatles doing their shit on tapes, I doubt Green Day even keeps tracks on which they mess up.

Thats in between songs on BIAB

Thats in between songs on BIAB

If it is that isn't what I'm talking about.

Not sure what part it's in.

Re-recordings:

* 409 in your coffeemaker (Unmixed)

Original versions/Not final version/Remixes, etc

* Hold on (The harmonica is a little bit different, also the back vocal from Billie's "HEY" sounds lower)

* Maria

* Good Riddance (Original version)

* Haushinka (From Dookie Demos)

* Don't wanna fall in love (From Dookie Demos)

* 21st Century Breakdown (Demo)

* Brain stew (Godzilla remix)

* Homecoming (HD Tracks version... it has a TV distortion with a random speech sound effect in the middle of the song)

Radio mixes/Edits (I won't include radio edits which just are "shorter versions" of the songs)

* Kill the DJ (Radio edit... Change some lyrics)

* Walking Contradiction (Radio Edit #2, It sounds exactly to the videoclip version)

* Prosthetic Head (Wide Mix, sounds more rough and it is a little bit shorter than Nimrod version)

* Redundant (Richard Dodd Wide Mix.... here I can't perceive which is the difference with Nimrod version)

* Last of the American girls (Radio Mix.... it sounds more poppy)

Remastered songs

* 2000 light years away (Jerky Boys OST... the drums sound way better than Kerplunk version)

* Maria (original version... remastered by iTunes. It sounds way better than a Vynil rip floating on internet)

I never knew there was an alternate radio mix for "Last of the American Girls." Can you link to it?

Archived