Do Outtakes even Exist?

TwoAfter908

I'm both a big Beatles and Green Day fan, and after hearing many, many outtakes of Beatles songs, I have thought about the following question:

Do Green Day outtakes exist anywhere? As in, for example, "American Idiot, Take 1" or something.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the impression OP was talking about studio outtakes, where the band fucked up or they simply had a better take to use on the final records, rather than demos. I don't know of any of those ever being released in any fashion, maybe they'll materialise in a box set someday.

There's an alternate take of Hold On floating around on here somewhere. And I think somebody said they had a copy of the 21CBD version of Drama Queen but are yet to upload it. But that's as much as I know of.

And I think somebody said they had a copy of the 21CBD version of Drama Queen but are yet to upload it.

I'm pretty sure that guy changed his mind. :(

Billie messing up the intro to Good Riddance and then saying "Fuck." could be an outtake...but they just left it in anyway :lol: So I guess it doesn't count. Maybe one day we'll hear them as Not Anyone said. :happy:

There's an alternate take of Hold On floating around on here somewhere. And I think somebody said they had a copy of the 21CBD version of Drama Queen but are yet to upload it. But that's as much as I know of.

It's not an alternate take, it just has a different Harmonica sampled in the intro, song is the same as the album.

And where did you hear about Drama Queen? That is very strange. It was cut from the album, wasn't even on advance promo versions. Idk how that would get out.

As for OP, the Dookie Demos and the 21st Century Breakdown demo are all there is. There's also an early version of Good Riddance from the 1996 Brain Stew Jaded single, but it's not really a demo or outtake.

I'm pretty sure that guy changed his mind. :(

Shit, how long ago was this? How do I miss something this big?

Like an actual recorded version or a live version of Drama Queen?

As far as I know, an alternate studio version.

It's not an alternate take, it just has a different Harmonica sampled in the intro, song is the same as the album.

Oh, I thought it was an alternate take, I know the mix is different or something.

And it was back in like, October or something.

As far as I know, an alternate studio version.

Oh, I thought it was an alternate take, I know the mix is different or something.

And it was back in like, October or something.

What thread? Where's the post. Let me interrogate this guy :lok:

I don't know how long it was. Someone made a status about getting to listen to their friend's 21stCB that had Drama Queen on it. Apparently, his friend was one of those people that reviews albums before they come out. He said to PM him if you wanted it. Then he got mad when people PMed him saying they wanted it. I haven't heard a thing about it since.

Studio version.

It was a status they posted, and it was their friend (a journalist or whatever) that got an advance promo copy with it on there. But they were waiting for their friend to reply about burning a copy for them so they could upload it, but it's been a while so I think they said no.

It was a status and I'm 99% sure the person was bullshiting. They said their cousin worked for magazine company and he got an advanced copy of 21stCBD with the Drama Queen on it. They asked the user if he or she could upload it and they said no because and they didn't know how to rip CD's". lol

I don't know how long it was. Someone made a status about getting to listen to their friend's 21stCB that had Drama Queen on it. Apparently, his friend was one of those people that reviews albums before they come out. He said to PM him if you wanted it. Then he got mad when people PMed him saying they wanted it. I haven't heard a thing about it since.

Studio version.

hmm.... that I can believe. How do we track this nigger down? I'll pay money for this.

It was a status and I'm 99% sure the person was bullshiting. They said their cousin worked for magazine company and he got an advanced copy of 21stCBD with the Drama Queen on it. They asked the user if he or she could upload it and they said no because and they didn't know how to rip CD's". lol

I don't remember him saying no and giving a reason, I just remember nobody ever mentioning again. Even if the dude did say no, it would probably be because of legal things with promo copies and stuff.

Oh, well okay then. Adam's version sounded more believable. :lol: can't rip CDs.

The user was Idiotic Tendency, of course :P

Seriously? Was it really?

hmm.... that I can believe. How do we track this nigger down? I'll pay money for this.

I don't know who it was.

The user was Idiotic Tendency, of course :P

Was it really? That's actually good news.

Alright, nobody say anything to him. I'll handle this. I'm good at handling these things

Good luck ;)

Yeah, I really want that extremely compressed version of the song too. It would be kinda cool to hear it.

Archived