Dookie/AI Anniversary Tour

Invention Convention

Dookie/AI Anniversary Tour   

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would love love love an American Idiot tour. I would sell my soul to hear that whole album live.

I highly doubt a tour will happen for either, though. Didn't the band say they were taking a break, anyway?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer a Dookie tour. It's their best-selling record and it's 20 years old, y'know? It's pretty damn important. :lol: And, seeing as I saw them on their 21st Century Breakdown tour in '09, I've already seen a fair few of the American Idiot tracks live, but they only played two or three songs from Dookie. So yeah, personally, I'd rather see a Dookie tour. I'd go to an American Idiot tour show if they went for that, though, 'cause why not? :P

I would love love love an American Idiot tour. I would sell my soul to hear that whole album live.

I highly doubt a tour will happen for either, though. Didn't the band say they were taking a break, anyway?

yeah they said after Australia they would take a break, but then on IG mike made multiple posts hinting at things...so who knows, theyre unpredictable.

and i too, would sell my soul to hear it live.

I'd prefer a Dookie tour. It's their best-selling record and it's 20 years old, y'know? It's pretty damn important. :lol: And, seeing as I saw them on their 21st Century Breakdown tour in '09, I've already seen a fair few of the American Idiot tracks live, but they only played two or three songs from Dookie. So yeah, personally, I'd rather see a Dookie tour. I'd go to an American Idiot tour show if they went for that, though, 'cause why not? :P

yeah this would be a bragging right way down the road, because dookies just one of THOSE albums, its made history and will stay in history.

i want a dookie tour because i didn't have the chance to hear when i come around which is my favorite dookie song :(

i want a dookie tour because i didn't have the chance to hear when i come around which is my favorite dookie song :(

theyd play that song regardless of the tour :D

mostly because its a greatest hit, american idiot is too short for a green day set, so theyd probably encore with all the number 1s from dookie. im just spitballin here what the hell do i know?

That really doesn't make any sense. Trilogy didn't release an b-sides, do you mean b-sides from 2004-2012? Because thats what shenanigans is, a b-sides comp.

I see no reason why they couldn't do both albums in one show. Both albums back to back would only be about an hour and a half, so there'd still be time for a bit of a greatest hits set too. I'd be surprised if there's a tour this year, maybe a few dates here and there towards the very end of the year are a possibility, but a full tour would usually have been announced by now.

Those two albums already comprise most of the "greatest hits" section of the usual concert - hopefully we'd hear some B-list singles and rarer stuff as well

That really doesn't make any sense. Trilogy didn't release an b-sides, do you mean b-sides from 2004-2012? Because thats what shenanigans is, a b-sides comp.

no I mean a b sides album of the trilogy. Ok that quote failed

There aren't any b-sides from the trilogy though. The trilogy only released Oh Love, Kill the DJ, and Let Yourself Go as singles, and all Oh Love had was a studio version of American Idiot I believe, and the Oh Love EP had studio versions as well.

If you mean unreleased tracks, it would be more of an "outtakes and demos" album

well yeah that's what I meant haha :)

well yeah that's what I meant haha :)

Hello Firecracker

State of Shock

Gabriella

Ruby Mae

Hotfoot Jamboree

I'm Alright

Hard Times

Dream Catcher

Oh Girl

Satellite

Life Is So Plain

Can't Believe My Own Eyes

;)

Hello Firecracker

State of Shock

Gabriella

Ruby Mae

Hotfoot Jamboree

I'm Alright

Hard Times

Dream Catcher

Oh Girl

Satellite

Life Is So Plain

Can't Believe My Own Eyes

;)

pretty much, yes haha

as much as i love ai i'd much rather see a dookie tour, i neeeeed to see having a blast and sassafras roots live at some point.

but also i really need to see whatsername so i'm conflicted, they should just do both :happy:

Man, I'd love all three of those, but I don't think they're doing anything this year. If they were doing a Dookie tour this year, they wouldn't have done it last year. Listening to Billie before they do Burnout at Reading, he said "next year, 2014 marks the 20th anniversary of Dookie. So we're gonna play the whole thing front to back". The way he said it sounds like they were celebrating it then, and not this year.

as much as i love ai i'd much rather see a dookie tour, i neeeeed to see having a blast and sassafras roots live at some point.

but also i really need to see whatsername so i'm conflicted, they should just do both :happy:

jesus of suburbia and homecoming the same night would be pretty rad too! :woot:

Archived