Dookie/AI Anniversary Tour

Invention Convention

Dookie/AI Anniversary Tour   

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the 99 Revolutions tour Wikipedia page, [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_Revolutions_Tour ] under Green Day Tour chronology after 99 Revolutions it says Dookie: 20th Anniversary World Tour.

I am not sure how legitimate this is, and it is certainly unofficial.

And I'm not sure I would like to see just an hour show of Dookie, but I don't think that'd be the case - but I have no idea how they'd go about it.

On the page it only specifies a Dookie world tour not American Idiot. They are obviously not going to do two tours for each of the records, but maybe they'd play Dookie and American Idiot, in full.

Despite "casual" fans (meaning 1. "Omg, Green Day are my life" 2. "Name some songs" 1." 21 Guns, American Idiot, Basket Case") buying a fair share of tickets I would still love to see that. For some reason, I think I'd like to see American Idiot in full more....

Probably just to see Rock n' Roll Girlfriend ;D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 poll threads about what Green Day should do next in one day. I'm starting to think that BJA has actually no idea what to do and this is his way to decide.

i'd say probably not for either album, but who knows.

and if no tour, probably a remaster of both albums would probably happen

AI in the same sentence as Dookie is a crime. I should go to jail too.

i don't know about a tour but i think they'll release a live dvd from full dookie live

Yes it seems pretty likely to me...

I'd love a tour for either album :happy:

American Dookie. Two discs, each one with re-recorded/acoustic versions/remastered versions of the two albums or something like that.

I see no reason why they couldn't do both albums in one show. Both albums back to back would only be about an hour and a half, so there'd still be time for a bit of a greatest hits set too. I'd be surprised if there's a tour this year, maybe a few dates here and there towards the very end of the year are a possibility, but a full tour would usually have been announced by now.

AI in the same sentence as Dookie is a crime. I should go to jail too.

Give it a rest, mate.

I see no reason why they couldn't do both albums in one show. Both albums back to back would only be about an hour and a half, so there'd still be time for a bit of a greatest hits set too. I'd be surprised if there's a tour this year, maybe a few dates here and there towards the very end of the year are a possibility, but a full tour would usually have been announced by now.

It would mix it up a little too I guess. It'd be interesting if they switched in between albums too, say for example they played a couple of song from AI and then a couple from Dookie, and back and forth.

It would mix it up a little too I guess. It'd be interesting if they switched in between albums too, say for example they played a couple of song from AI and then a couple from Dookie, and back and forth.

Yeah, that's an idea. Personally I'd prefer they did each album start to finish, as they'd probably have appropriate backdrops and that kind of thing, and to go back and forth between the albums would require a lot of guitar switching and be a tad stop-start.

a new live dvd would be great in my eyes, probably not only Dookie in full, i'd like to see American Idiot newly recorded from front to back live

I'd like to see a Dookie style tour, where they only play songs they had released when dookie was released; ie from their first 3 albums. I doubt this would happen, but we'll see.

i'd say probably not for either album, but who knows.

and if no tour, probably a remaster of both albums would probably happen

What good would a remaster of American Idiot do? Dookie, that's older, it could be remastered, but AI? I don't see a point

What good would a remaster of American Idiot do? Dookie, that's older, it could be remastered, but AI? I don't see a point

I don't even see a point in remastering Dookie. It sounds fantastic as-is.

Remember before Reading/Leeds when Billie posted those IG vids of them rehearsing Dookie in the studio? I'd love to hear those recordings in full. :happy:

i don't know about a tour but i think they'll release a live dvd from full dookie live

yea, why else would they have the big banner thing for the last tour

the fact that they put a big dookie poster during reading makes me wonder if it was for a live dvd.
the only thing that bothers me is that it's avalaible in hd on youtube so i wouldn't see the point to sell it.

Remember before Reading/Leeds when Billie posted those IG vids of them rehearsing Dookie in the studio? I'd love to hear those recordings in full.

personally i felt those videos lacked a bit of energy however add a bit more energy and it would be awesome, although i perfer live recodings over most studio stuff

personally i felt those videos lacked a bit of energy however add a bit more energy and it would be awesome, although i perfer live recodings over most studio stuff

Yeah that's a fair statement :happy: I'm sure if they were planning on releasing it to the public though they would have played it better :happy:

It would be cool if they released a shenanigans type thing for the trilogy as well as 20th anniversary edition of Dookie

It would be cool if they released a shenanigans type thing for the trilogy as well as 20th anniversary edition of Dookie

That really doesn't make any sense. Trilogy didn't release an b-sides, do you mean b-sides from 2004-2012? Because thats what shenanigans is, a b-sides comp.

I would much rather see american idiot in full live than dookie, Im not even completely sure why. its just more powerful and emotional and seeing all the songs right in a row would be a m a z i n g.

Archived