Billie Joe Original Country Songs?

Invention Convention

Billie Joe to write original country songs  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should just do whatever he feels like writing down, no matter which genre.

This! I don't really care what Billie does, as long as it's inspired and it's fully realized, and Mike and Tre are involved :happy:

Oh wow, I've never seen that before! Truly I'm blown away by Billy Joe's vocals being drowned out by a rabid banshee!!!

How can someone with 14,000 post still not know how to spell BILLIE Joe's name ;)

No hard feelings... I promise

:D;)

How can someone with 14,000 post still not know how to spell BILLIE Joe's name ;)

Oh wow, golly gee, there truly is egg all over my face now!!!

Oh wow, golly gee, there truly is egg all over my face now!!!

among other bodily fluids heyy ohhh...sorry

Well if by that that you mean acoustic tracks like Hold On then yes!

hold on has as much to do with country as leo dyke with good threads.

Loved Foreverly and how Billie sounds on those songs. An album of original country songs? Fuck No!!!!!!

Guest Michael Rosen Plum Cafe

joke_over_your_head.jpg

tumblr_mkjkfkkZcp1s6cw75o1_500.gif

This gif is the most awful thing I've ever seen

1000th post and it's a comment about four naked men

I never said an album... just maybe a few Instagram videos idk?

And thanks for the kind words on my threads :D

I never said an album... just maybe a few Instagram videos idk?

And thanks for the kind words on my threads :D

That'd be pretty cool! Just got to keep our eyes and ears open I guess, there'll be something on the way :happy:

I would love to see him write classic, folkish songs like the ones on "Foreverly". I think "See you tonight" goes in that direction but it's not a full song so that doesn't count. For country, why not? There are really good country songs out there and if this is what he feels like writing, then he shall do it. He might open people's minds to this genre as well.

I'm not a Foreverly fan, the songs are too slow and dark. But I love what he did at the Grammys, and if the songs weren't drowned out by someone else's voice, I'd be all for it! I'm surprised at how many people said no. Does Foreverly even count as country? They're more like classic folk songs, right?

Yes. I feel that Billie could really write and sing anything and it would sound great. He's very versatile as a musician. Honestly, he could release an entire album of just him making sex sounds and I'd buy it. Actually, I'd probably enjoy that more than a country album from it. :mellow:

Why not? I'm not sure if I would personally like it, but if he wanted to do it, he should go for it!

Sure, it'd be cool to hear Billie do something totally out of left field.

I'm not a Foreverly fan, the songs are too slow and dark. But I love what he did at the Grammys, and if the songs weren't drowned out by someone else's voice, I'd be all for it! I'm surprised at how many people said no. Does Foreverly even count as country? They're more like classic folk songs, right?

Definitely not country, it's folk through and through :P

I like Foreverly and he can do whatever the fuck he wants, but I'd personally rather hear some new Green Day soon :P

I'm open to the idea. A couple years ago I might have said "uh... what?!"

But seeing how successful his attempts to sample the genre have been, I think it would be worth a listen.

I had a better post about it written but somehow accidentally erased it. Oops.

Anyway... I think he could bring something to it that isn't present in most modern country and I think no matter what it would still be "rock"-accessible.

To be fair, why not? HOWEVER..... Tré is the "Country" man here. I think Tré should have make a solo record with country/folk/polka rhythms (Remember: Like a rat does cheese, Dominated Love Slave, D.U.I., etc)

I hate country music. So, a part of me would like to say no, but if Billie Joe wants to write country, I will not be the one stopping him. The most important thing is him being happy no matter what he does.

Archived