Billie Joe Original Country Songs?

Invention Convention

Billie Joe to write original country songs  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he did another thing like Foreverly by himself, sorry if you like Norah but I find her appaling. I loved the sound he had on the album, it was gorgeous!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he did another thing like Foreverly by himself, sorry if you like Norah but I find her appaling. I loved the sound he had on the album, it was gorgeous!

huh. Appalling is a strong word. What makes you say that? Personally her style has always been a little mellow for me to listen to her regularly but I appreciate her as an artist and she and Billie sounded great together, IMO. But for him to do something solo would be interesting for sure.

huh. Appalling is a strong word. What makes you say that? Personally her style has always been a little mellow for me to listen to her regularly but I appreciate her as an artist and she and Billie sounded great together, IMO. But for him to do something solo would be interesting for sure.

I'm not too keen on female singers as it is, but something about her voice really throws me off.

Country generally isn't my cup of tea. That said, Billie is a damn good writer and musician, and I'd be up for hearing whatever he decided to make. I think it's cool that he isn't afraid to branch out into other genres, so I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

There are some types of country I quite like - if he were to do something in the vein of Johnny Cash, that would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is ok, as long as he still does punk songs as well. The people who like country songs are lucky to have such a brilliant song writer write songs for that genre.

• 1 month later...

I said yes, and I do like some country, but this is not something I'm waiting/hoping for. It could be good, although a lot of rockers have went the pop-country route, and it's torture to listen to it.

I think it is ok, as long as he still does punk songs as well. The people who like country songs are lucky to have such a brilliant song writer write songs for that genre.

Still does punk? The haven't done anything "punk" since covering Hybrid Moments

wow so edgy so contrarian

Ashley is pretty punk.

wow so edgy so contrarian

Ashley is pretty punk.

Lol I hate that song. If that's Green Day's best try at punk, then I hope they give up

Lol I hate that song. If that's Green Day's best try at punk, then I hope they give up

You not liking the song doesn't change its genre.

Well, each for their own opinions.

Archived