Billie Joe Original Country Songs?

Invention Convention

Billie Joe to write original country songs  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you guys think Billie Joe should write some classical country songs?

He maybe has but hasn't released them; I'd like to see some! What do you think? :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threads for talking about Green Day should be made in Green Day Chat. I've moved this there for you :)

And for the question, I don't see why not! Not into country myself but it could be interesting, I think it's awesome how open minded he is to dabbling with different music so if he felt like it it'd be cool. Although in this case Tre already beat him to it :D

I'd be happy to hear anything he wants to put out. Got to give it a chance, right? The way I see it, just because he's in Green Day doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to do whatever else he wants. He's always been a great songwriter when he's put the effort in, so if people don't want to hear it purely based on the quality of the Trilogy, that's kind of short sighted. Anything he put out would be better than the likes of Conway Twitty... Plus we can't really judge what direction he might take that kind of thing in based on Foreverly, since obviously he didn't write any of those songs.

Yee-haw!

Not Billie. Tré on the other hand would be kind of awesome. I wanna hear dominated love slave part 2.

I'd be happy to hear anything he wants to put out. Got to give it a chance, right? The way I see it, just because he's in Green Day doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to do whatever else he wants. He's always been a great songwriter when he's put the effort in, so if people don't want to hear it purely based on the quality of the Trilogy, that's kind of short sighted. Anything he put out would be better than the likes of Conway Twitty... Plus we can't really judge what direction he might take that kind of thing in based on Foreverly, since obviously he didn't write any of those songs.

Yee-haw!

Are you dissing Conway Twitty? How fucking dare you :mad:

Only with his harmonica. Well actually no. Stick with songs like Nightlife and Misery, don't try that country shit

I'm more into Green Day than Country, really. If I want country I'll listen to some modern pop-country bullshit. Blake Shelton or something.

I only listen to one country song. And that is Country Roads by Hermes House Band. Maybe i'll get into if BJ makes a cover of it.

Somehow I think if Billie started writing country songs they'd probably have some of the most interesting lyrics. I think he'd be genius at this. Don't know if I'd be a superfan about it but, hey, it's Billie Joe, I'd give a listen or two.

I voted no, because it said "original Country songs". That kind of music simply isn´t mine. Okay, sure he can write and compose whatever he likes (wasn´t it him who said in an interview that he earned enough money to make music for the rest of his life?), for himself or others. But Country - not really. Unless it´s kind of making fun of it, but that again wouldn´t be "original Country", would it?

Well if by that that you mean acoustic tracks like Hold On then yes!

Acoustic = / = Country

Are you dissing Conway Twitty? How fucking dare you :mad:

I'm sorry Mr Moriarty, I see the want to in your eyes.

I do honestly think it'd be really interesting. If it was more in the realm of Springsteen or Johnny Cash it'd be awesome, and Billie's clearly shown he's got the voice for it.

to be honest no..but just because i don't like too much this kind of music..

This, just... this.

I'm not sure. At first I thought no, but what exactly is country music? :P I mean, if they were acoustic tracks, like Joe the X-Kid (sorry I don't know your name) said, then I'd probably like it. It would really depend on what it sounded like...

I'd prefer if he just wrote a new Green Day album :P

I think I'd like to hear it... I don't think he'd do a bad job.

Anyway, I don't mind listening to country music because of Foreverly. And I thought the performance at the Grammys was great, too.

And with those in mind, he is on of the greatest song writers in history...

[Matter of opinion, but I can't see why you'd disagree]

Yes, as long as Green Day wasn't effected

Yeah.. I agree

I'm not sure. At first I thought no, but what exactly is country music? :P I mean, if they were acoustic tracks, like Joe the X-Kid (sorry I don't know your name) said, then I'd probably like it. It would really depend on what it sounded like...

I'd prefer if he just wrote a new Green Day album :P

you can just call me Joe if you want haha :)

Archived