Video: Billie Joe and Miranda Lambert performing "When Will I Be Loved"

Lone

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie was out of tune at some notes at the beggining? or was it both?

It's Billie. He's flat for the first stanza but then he corrects himself (mostly).

If you guys are this excited about that back and forth then you musn't visit unpopular opinions often

Trust me I have seen enough across many platforms and websites. This is just my first comment on the typical back and forth.

I am loving the return of Billi's fluffy hair! Wow, he looks incredible! :wub::wub::wub: Awesome performance too. I don't think Billie and Miranda Lambert really go well together, but I guess they did a decent enough job of it. I guess I'm super out of the loop because I had no idea the Grammys were even happening now. Just goes to show how focused I am on life crap like coursework and job stuff.

Out of tune...? Hm, probably an advantage to be a bit older, ears aren´t that perfect anymore. Nice performance. Not as convincing for me as Norah and Billie Joe together, but, well, they had a short time of rehearsal. And live and everything. So, it´s okay. Not sensational, but nice. Like it.

It was definitely an excuse to showcase Miranda more; I got the impression that they felt obligated to have Billie there because of Foreverly. But overall, I did like the performance because I think he helped give a decent harmony.

I didn't think her voice fit the song at all. Norah's voice is a lot more warm and mellow.

I don t like her voice...it s too high...Norah's voice was so much better with Billie's voice... buuuut it was great to see him again :)

I love the performance! their voices are just amazing. And I like watching Billie singing non-Green Day songs.

Can someone reupload to youtube or mega? No links works.. Everytime something green day related happens when I sleep.. Fucking timezones man

Got a perfect HD capture of the performance...uploading now, should have a Mega download link for y'all in about 10 minutes. Stay tuned!

reupload please?? :D

I thought it was a good performance! I definitely think as others have said that Norah blends a lot better with Billie so it's a shame she couldn't be there. Miranda was great too though. :happy: Overall it was good just to see Billie back on TV, and I wonder if any of the Everly family approached him or Miranda at any point during the night?

In a way I felt that BJ looked very much relaxed (or somewhat absent?) during the rehearsals and on pictures from this event. While singing with Miranda on stage he looked very much tranquil to me, almost shy, and withdrawn into himself. The songs with Norah sound more heartfelt. I like the gesture when he prodded Miranda´s arm after the gig. Somehow he seemed different to me. Maybe it´s because he was there without the other guys. Or is it the song? Or the show? Don´t know. Shy boy. ;)

Can someone reupload to youtube or mega? No links works.. Everytime something green day related happens when I sleep..

Same here, and I thougt it was me again... :)

It's Billie. He's flat for the first stanza but then he corrects himself (mostly).

You should probably get your ears checked. Just listened to it five times ina row, apart from listening to it last night. Biilie's second "I" was a tiny bit flatm, but that was the only sylable/note in the entire song that there was even a slight problem with. The issue is that he was singing with Miranda Lambert, who has a completely different overall vocal tone to her voice...one which I personally can't stand. Her tone is very bright and forward/piercing. A voice like that is not suited for tight harmonies. Billie changed his tone into something that is less bright and more subdued for all of the Everly's stuff. When you have two clashing voices trying to sing really tight harmonies, you can point the finger at either one of them for sounded off, when in actuality neither of them were off. Their voices just didn't blend. If Billie went out and sang it like it was a Green Day song, they would have blended better because his tone would have been different...but not suited for the song. So yeah, Miranda didn't help him at all by coming out and belting the fuck outta it. Also, there was nothing wrong with his guitar playing. Your comment about him getting weaker as a musician is absolutely fucking laughable. The amount that he has grown musically in the past 10 years since AI is nothing short of incredible.

In a way I felt that BJ looked very much relaxed (or somewhat absent?) during the rehearsals and on pictures from this event. While singing with Miranda on stage he looked very much tranquil to me, almost shy, and withdrawn into himself. The songs with Norah sound more heartfelt. I like the gesture when he prodded Miranda´s arm after the gig. Somehow he seemed different to me. Maybe it´s because he was there without the other guys. Or is it the song? Or the show? Don´t know. Shy boy. ;)

Yeah I don't think he's as comfortable with Miranda as he is with Norah. He was looking at her mouth to get the harmonies right (I think) and she only briefly looked back at him so maybe he just didn't have the connection that he had with Norah, I think they sang while looking at each the whole time on Foreverly. I guess it could also be that, this is probably the biggest TV appearance he's had since iHeart (again, I think) so that could have added a lot of pressure too. I guess we'll never know, but it was a really good performance I thought and I'm sure it meant a lot to the Everly family that Phil had been remembered with one of his songs.

Yes, I too, felt he was always looking at her to get the harmonies. And she was the one who turned away. Could have made the harmonies more difficult then. No comparison to Foreverly. Which reminds me... time to... take Foreverly... and listen to it for the 101 time...

I´m not allowed to watch the video due to some stupid laws and rights.... :mad:

I think Billie's voice was off once or twice, but overall it was a good performance, a great song, but I was especially disppointed that Billie did not keep the bandanna, and decided to dress up like 2009.

Archived