New Gibson Billie Joe model?

onethousandhours

Hey guys. I just came across a Video and thought i share it with you. This guy is showing off the new Guitar for 2014 from Gibson Memphis and all of the sudden he pulls off this Es-175 which i thought i saw before and what does he say? Its a Billie Joe model. Not really a signature but Gibson worked with him on that. Thought that is pretty interesting since they canceled his 2nd Les Paul Junior so quick. Anyways heres the Video.

He picks the Guitar at 4:20

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. I just came across a Video and thought i share it with you. This guy is showing off the new Guitar for 2014 from Gibson Memphis and all of the sudden he pulls off this Es-175 which i thought i saw before and what does he say? Its a Billie Joe model. Not really a signature but Gibson worked with him on that. Thought that is pretty interesting since they canceled his 2nd Les Paul Junior so quick. Anyways heres the Video.

He picks the Guitar at 4:20

Wouldn't surprise me as Billie seems to be going more for the hollow bodies this tour. Im guessing Canelo and the other 137 were Prototypes. Going by that, I think that we will be able to get the guitar in white as well.

It looks heavy

They're not as heavy as they look, they're semi-hollow.

This is great news, wish I had a couple of grand to spare on a new guitar :D

Man, I liked Canelo better in Billie's IG post. It still looks great, but... Now that we have a better look at it, I'm not sure. It's beautiful, but I don't know about it yet.

Meh, I'm personally not a fan of the look of the guitar. Now if Gretsch came out with his black modified 6120 with p90s, I'd be all over that

Isn't that the "Canelo"? :)

Lovely guitar

It's based on Canelo, yeah.

It's good to see a signature model from Billie with a bit more character. The acoustic is just the Everly Brothers' guitar with his name on it, and his Les Paul Juniors are nothing out of the ordinary. This, however, is awesome.

I hope they keep it somewhat affordable. Most Green Day fans who would really appreciate the guitar can't afford $3000 guitars like the J-180. $1500 max.

I hope they keep it somewhat affordable. Most Green Day fans who would really appreciate the guitar can't afford $3000 guitars like the J-180. $1500 max.

Memphis ES-175 are usually 2,000-4,000 range

Archived