Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

pshah no :P Dookie is a bit hit & miss, and Insomniac, obv, is hard at times, but other than that & the othertwo, i can understand 99% of what he says pretty clearly. you're just deaf!!

I've tried Harry Potter, have the first three books by my bed. i just can't be fucked. once i start, i don't stop but i find it SO hard to start.

Yeah the first ones are difficult to understand, but he's got much better at singing since then.

I'd say give Harry Potter a go. It might be difficult to get into now as an adult as the first couple of books are definitely aimed at children, but the series 'grows up' after the first couple.

surely you have to like something pre-Dookie.

I don't like cramps. :lol:

What?! So you can listen to the songs say when they're on live albums/YouTube?

BIAB and AAF have way better sound than Green Day's music before Dookie.

I just think that's a shitty excuse. Especially since you're probably not even an audiophile, you probably listen to music at a standard 128kbps, so it's nothing really about quality.

There's definitely more to it than the compression or whatever. The music wasn't even recorded in great quality. (Which is understandable, but I still get a headache after listening to too many of those songs.)

I see what you did there ;).

Yeah I meant the songs from pre-Dookie on the live albums (even though there isn't actually any on BIAB :lol: ) can she listen to them on there because there is a better sound quality.

• Like 1

What?! So you can listen to the songs say when they're on live albums/YouTube? Did they ever re-master 1039 and Kerplunk I remember years ago there was talk of them doing so.

The master tapes for 1039/etc. have been long lost or destroyed so they'll never be able to remaster it. The master tapes of Kerplunk still exist but are in terrible condition so they'd only get one shot at remastering it and even then it might not work.

Wouldn't hold my breath, basically.

The master tapes for 1039/etc. have been long lost or destroyed so they'll never be able to remaster it. The master tapes of Kerplunk still exist but are in terrible condition so they'd only get one shot at remastering it and even then it might not work.

Wouldn't hold my breath, basically.

They could always re-record the whole thing again :P

After Billie's looked up the lyrics

• Like 3

There's definitely more to it than the compression or whatever. The music wasn't even recorded in great quality. (Which is understandable, but I still get a headache after listening to too many of those songs.)

That's disgusting.

It's fucking horrible, but give it this, it's not bland. Uno is deadly dull.

Using the last 1% of my battery to tell you I disagree. Uno is much better than Dos.

Using the last 1% of my battery to tell you I disagree. Uno is much better than Dos.

Your sacrifice is moving. :cry:

It's certainly better lyrically save Troublemaker, I'll give you that.

• Like 3

I enjoy reading what albums you guys like the most and which you like least. Interesting variation in responses. I also find it interesting that someone said Billie is hard to understand in 1039 Smooth. That's one album that I can actually understand a lot of what he says! :) Well, not that anyone gives a shit, my favorite albums in order would be:

1039 Smooth / Insomniac / American Idiot / Dookie / Kerplunk / Nimrod / Shenanigans (does it count?) / Warning

And then...21st Century onwards, I don't care for.

Most of the albums I Iove equally, but their first album is definitely my favorite.

The image that just came into my head.... Is probably not the one in your head :mellow:

Almost certainly not. It's just a game.

Dos above Uno?

always.

and pretty much any other album above Uno. I'll listen to it if I'm in the mood, but I'm 98% more likely to put on the rest of the trilogy without it.

Also, I would be so sad if there was a freak incident where 1039/Sosh gets remastered. It would lose all its charm! We dont need any more reissue albums either :dry:

• Like 1

Uno above Dos any time of day, even Rusty James beats any song on Dos.

Come on! "Rusty James" can't beat "Lazy Bones"!

I still don't get how people dislike Nimrod, one of Green Day's greatest albums.

I think the Insomniac-Nimrod-Warning-AI era are actually the peak of Green Day's career.

Come on! "Rusty James" can't beat "Lazy Bones"!

Rusty James is one of my favourite songs on the album so definitely.

I think the Insomniac-Nimrod-Warning-AI era are actually the peak of Green Day's career.

Wouldn't go as far to say Warning but the rest, definitely.

Wouldn't go as far to say Warning but the rest, definitely.

Warning was the peak. Before that every album (bar Nimrod) was better than the onw that came before and after that the quality did not really get any worse, but stayed the same. Somedays I even think that 2st Century Breakdown was the peak. Chew that.

i'm a disappointment for all! :lol: nah i'm real bad at reading. in year 6, i was still reading the year 3 library books. they thought i was an idiot, turns out i was dyslexic. so i never really caught on to the whole 'reading for enjoyment' thing as it caused me so much misery in school

OK, that's perfectly understandable then.

It's fucking horrible, but give it this, it's not bland. Uno is deadly dull.

Granted, it's all very similar, but I'd rather have lots of decent with a couple of notably good songs (Stay The Night, Let Yourself Go, possibly Carpe Diem and Nuclear Family) over some good songs and some bad songs (SWTRLF and Lazy Bones vs Ashley and Nightlife).

Warning was the peak. Before that every album (bar Nimrod) was better than the onw that came before and after that the quality did not really get any worse, but stayed the same. Somedays I even think that 2st Century Breakdown was the peak. Chew that.

So you don't think AI is better than Warning?

My dad says something similar - his favourite tour is the Warning one, but Nimrod is his favourite album

Also, unrelated thought; I remembered that I still had a copy of Tre in my room, and I'd forgotten one of the lines in DRB ("all fucked up beyond intervention", always slips my mind), so I looked at the lyrics and the last lines of 99 Revolutions caught my eye, and it gave me a massive nostalgia attack of standing outside the Emirates, and all the excited anticipation that came with it, and it reminded me that above all the debate and discussion here, they are and always will be the Green Day Band form California and I fucking love them.

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic