Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Probably because it's so amusing and awesome! Many things to love about it but my favourite thing is how scared Tre looks (power walking and only just resisting the urge to run and duck), while Billie is fearless, and Mike doesn't actually appear to do anything dangerous :lol:

AFAIK wasn't Billie actually freaking out inside when he walks down that crossroads? And yeah, now that you mention it, Billie and Tre almost get hit by vehicles going in their direction while Mike just pushes a ped Xing button. ...That's it.

A couple of stuff that's been running in my head.

(1) Green Day fans never seem to take anything Billie says seriously. But then again Billie must be one of the worst liars out there. He denies any involvement with The Network - nobody believes him. He says Cigarettes and Valentines was stolen - quite a number of fans don't believe him. (The naughty part of me wants to add here that statement about how 99 Revolutions was the best thing he'd ever written.)

(2) I now officially love WMUWSE. That song just acquired another layer of meaning for me when my grandma passed away 31 August.

Is it just me or is Billie slightly out of tune on the studio version of Going To Pasalacqua? Might be why I love the AAF version so much more.

That might be because they play GtP half a step down live. AFAIK the studio version is in standard tuning. That, and the fact that Billie on the earlier records seem to have this habit of making himself sound whiny/nasal. ;) (Speaking of which, I've always found Billie's voice slightly deeper on 1,000 Hours than either in Slappy or 39/Smooth, where he goes on whiny mode more often.)

• Like 1

(1) Green Day fans never seem to take anything Billie says seriously. But then again Billie must be one of the worst liars out there. He denies any involvement with The Network - nobody believes him. He says Cigarettes and Valentines was stolen - quite a number of fans don't believe him. (The naughty part of me wants to add here that statement about how 99 Revolutions was the best thing he'd ever written.)

I think Billie sometimes says things to please fans and he has bunch of ideas and doesn't really know so he says something but will get another idea and do that instead

• Like 1

You can't say the 99 revolutions thing is a lie because it's just Billies opinion.

It's an opinion that holds a bit more weight when it comes from someone who wrote Dookie, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, though. So I'd say it's a lie :P

• Like 2

Do you really think it's strange that a songwriter would think/say that about one of the newest songs he's written? It's natural to feel that way about the stuff you've just worked on and are currently proud of and excited about. And pretty much all bands do it too, "I feel like our new album is our best work" etc. It's not lying.

• Like 3

Do you really think it's strange that a songwriter would think/say that about one of the newest songs he's written? It's natural to feel that way about the stuff you've just worked on and are currently proud of and excited about. And pretty much all bands do it too, "I feel like our new album is our best work" etc. It's not lying.

Yeah it's a pretty common thing in all of the arts.

For example, I thought my parody song Muhammad of Suburbia was a biting commentary on Middle Eastern culture, but mostly everyone (no all) disagreed.

Yeah it's a pretty common thing in all of the arts.

For example, I thought my parody song Muhammad of Suburbia was a biting commentary on Middle Eastern culture, but mostly everyone (no all) disagreed.

Just stop.

• Like 2

Are the Radio 1 and BBC recordings in front of an audience? They have a live quality to them but it's pretty controlled.

No, they are studio recordings. some of Nirvana's BBC Radio 1 recordings ended up on Incesticide and as b-sides. Unfortunately we only have FM recordings of the GD broadcast, but if Green Day eve wanted to officially release those recordings, they could get ahold of the master tapes and release the sessions in album-quality.

I wish Green Day had done a BBC session in 2012.

And in 1991 and 2013 :(

No, they are studio recordings. some of Nirvana's BBC Radio 1 recordings ended up on Incesticide and as b-sides. Unfortunately we only have FM recordings of the GD broadcast, but if Green Day eve wanted to officially release those recordings, they could get ahold of the master tapes and release the sessions in album-quality.

And in 1991 and 2013 :(

I don't know how they recorded GDs sessions but when BBC recorded on tape they'd record the master then they mixed it then made a 2 track mix and would re use the master for another session as a way to save money they'd also tape over the 2 tracks tapes after a certain point

Secret/surprise show tomorrow night, I'm calling it right now.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand on what grounds? :lol:

American Idiot anniversary, presumably.

I'd forgotten about that :lol:

Not holding my hopes out, personally.

• Like 1

I'd forgotten about that :lol:

Not holding my hopes out, personally.

Me neither, especially since they'll probably do a 19th anniversary tour :P

• Like 2

Me neither, especially since they'll probably do a 19th anniversary tour :P

Haha yeah!

Also, we generally get wind of secret shows a little while before hand, don't we?

Haha yeah!

Also, we generally get wind of secret shows a little while before hand, don't we?

People on here tend to seem to know a few hours beforehand. I guess it remains to be seen but I'm really not expecting anything.

Unless its like what they did in Sydney and no one but them knew until there was less then 2 hours until they went on.

:mad:

Booooo to 1991. Why 2013? They didn't have any new songs then.

You're like my neighbor. You bother me sometimes :P Don't you want a few alternate studio versions? 10x better than live recordings.
  • Like 1

You're like my neighbor. You bother me sometimes :P Don't you want a few alternate studio versions? 10x better than live recordings.

I don't think we'd need 2012 and 2013. :P

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic