Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Precisely. Baby Eyes makes no sense, but it's so damn catchy!

Shame they didn't keep the Bass intro
  • Like 4

Watching a documentary about classic rock'n'roll and Green Day were talking about Johnny B Goode! Had no idea they were going to be there, and it was awesome!

• Like 2

I learned english language with Green Day songs.

Am I the only one here ? :happy:

Luckily not. I mean, I learnt a lot of my English by listening to music (much more than at school since back then our teachers methods were kinda ineffective honestly) but with Green Day I imagine there could have possibly been some issues with Billies pronunciation and the ability to understand it. :P

I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but the bass and the general groove in Nightlife is very similar to Guns Of Brixton.

I'm absolutely certain I have the Know Your Enemy single somewhere, but I can't bloody find it.

I thought I hated just about every song on Shenanigans, but I just went through it again and realized I only dislike Rotting and On the Wagon. :lol:

• Like 1

I thought I hated just about every song on Shenanigans, but I just went through it again and realized I only dislike Rotting and On the Wagon. :lol:

I love Shenanigans! It's actually one of my favourite albums.

• Like 2

It's funny, at Brixton when they played Chump the crowd around me was fairly quiet then everyone fully screamed "magic man, egocentric plastic man" then went back to being quiet again. Amazing moment.

That first half of Chump is the best bit of pop-punk GD has ever done, possibly. It's up there at least.

• Like 2

I do love Chump but I rarely listen to it because I don't like how it descends into a bass solo half way through and never comes back, and then I have to listen to Longview. It's just not worth the effort, even though the first half of it is very good.

To me Chump is nothing special, kinda average and lyrically, well, too predictable honestly.

If you've heard a song a few times it's bound to become predictable :P

To me Chump is nothing special, kinda average and lyrically, well, too predictable honestly.

Idk what's predictable about it, I've never really seen anything similar to it lyrically. Especially nothing in GD's catalog to that point.

And if you're being literal, I always sing the lyric wrong when he says: "maybe I'm just….dumb" instead of "chump"

So there, quite unpredictable :D

I do love Chump but I rarely listen to it because I don't like how it descends into a bass solo half way through and never comes back, and then I have to listen to Longview. It's just not worth the effort, even though the first half of it is very good.

If you've heard a song a few times it's bound to become predictable :P

I switch songs after the vocals stop :P

• Like 1

My Nimrod. vinyl just arrived this morning and aaaaaaagh it sounds so good.

What color is it?

Plain ol' black.

Mine is yellow. According to Todd, I shouldn't even play it. :lol:

• Like 1

Mine is yellow. According to Todd, I shouldn't even play it. :lol:

I'd not only play it but DJ with it doing the scratching the bring backs and all that with the colored vinyls

• Like 3

My Nimrod. vinyl just arrived this morning and aaaaaaagh it sounds so good.

I have the Nimrod vinyl, sounds much better than the cd

There's a thing I just saw on Instagram of The Network saying cumming soon. Is this old?

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic