Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Did you turn up the silence, the heartache of your life?

Haha I thought the same thing as I wrote this! But I decided it was not the right place to mention Brutal Love :D

• Like 1

Haha I thought the same thing as I wrote this! But I decided it was not the right place to mention Brutal Love :D

It's always the right place to mention Brutal Love. Fantastic song.

• Like 1

It's always the right place to mention Brutal Love. Fantastic song.

"Brutal Love" then. I agree, easily one of the best of the Trilogy.

• Like 2

Brutal Love is probably the best song on the trilogy. Hopefully it stays a live staple in the future.

• Like 4

Brutal Love is so different for Green Day, yet amazing. Not in my top ten Green Day songs, but definitely in my top ten Green Day songs that don't feel like Green Day songs :P

• Like 2

"Lights out, here comes the night...."

Lights Out is one of my favourite Green Day songs. Don't really know why, I just love it.

• Like 1

Random thought: I just remembered the time I ate at Mike's Rudy's can't fail cafe and this guy in the booth next to us fainted. My friend wanted to help him because he probably had a heart attack, but he woke up and yelled at her. He left the diner and my friend followed him (to make sure he doesn't collapse on the street) In that moment a prostitute started hitting on him :D

I guess that's what happens when you eat at Mr. Dirnst's Diner :lol:

• Like 4

holy shit that was embarrassing

I really, really hate to be that kid. Yes, I know they're young, they're still learning, but jeepers, they really should have thought twice before they recorded themselves on video for posterity.

The scarier part though is why I even thought about trying to imitate that out of the blue. It's not like I was drunk or high or stuff. I guess boredom makes you act weird.

People who cover the Final Countdown are fucked up anyway. If I should choose one song whose very existence I could erase, I would choose that one. It is absolutely horrid.

• Like 1

People who cover the Final Countdown are fucked up anyway. If I should choose one song whose very existence I could erase, I would choose that one. It is absolutely horrid.

Meh, still better than this one. Though that is in itself pure gold. :D The demented part of me thinks we should totally get some guys in gym shorts do Basket Case in this exact same style.

I went to a local record store today, the place had tons of records, but no Green Day, Nirvana, Ramones, or Metallica. They only had two AC/DC albums, and nothing else made after 1980. Like, what kind of record store is this? Are all of their patrons 55 year olds?

I went to a local record store today, the place had tons of records, but no Green Day, Nirvana, Ramones, or Metallica. They only had two AC/DC albums, and nothing else made after 1980. Like, what kind of record store is this? Are all of their patrons 55 year olds?

Not necessarily a problem though. Depends.

My dad is 55 and i don't think he listens to anything recorded before 1975.

Not necessarily a problem though. Depends.

No, it's not a problem to me at all. i hate Green Day and Nirvana and hard rock bands, I only listen to The Rolling Stones, The Mamas and Papas, and the Steve Miller Band

No, it's not a problem to me at all. i hate Green Day and Nirvana and hard rock bands, I only listen to The Rolling Stones, The Mamas and Papas, and the Steve Miller Band

The Rolling Stones are hard rock, my man. :P Or at least their best stuff is.

The Rolling Stones are hard rock, my man. :P Or at least their best stuff is.

I don't think that store had any rock after 1980, and 80s rock is what I consider hard rock

I don't think that store had any rock after 1980, and 80s rock is what I consider hard rock

The most prolific period for hard rock was the 70s.

• Like 2

After the 70's hard rock just turned into hair metal and glam and AOR and got very embarrassing altogether.

Speaking of AOR, do you think it'd be an exaggeration to consider 2004-09 Green Day AOR?

Speaking of AOR, do you think it'd be an exaggeration to consider 2004-09 Green Day AOR?

Yeah, definite exaggeration. They were still very socially conscious and weren't churning out bland meaningless songs to score cheap hits.

If anything Trilogy era Green Day is closer to AOR.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic