Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I just relistened to the Chicago 2013 bootleg and realized Mike did harmonies on the chorus of Longview with me, fuck yeah.

Speaking of Angel Blue, I wish they had kept the backing vocals saying "blue" (I think it's Jason) right after the "you're angel blue" in the chorus, as it is on Demolicious.

• Like 1

Speaking of Angel Blue, I wish they had kept the backing vocals saying "blue" (I think it's Jason) right after the "you're angel blue" in the chorus, as it is on Demolicious.

I think it's c'mon

Currently, I'm relistening to Dos and I just got to Lazy Bones. I don't think I have seen anyone comment about the brilliance of the noodling bits by the bass in the verses and the guitar in the second verse. I love it so much

• Like 2

Currently, I'm relistening to Dos and I just got to Lazy Bones. I don't think I have seen anyone comment about the brilliance of the noodling bits by the bass in the verses and the guitar in the second verse. I love it so much

Incredibly underrated song. The bass is great, and the guitar and drum combo in the second verse is great. Not to mention the lyrics.
  • Like 1

it's constructed really well, and the bridge has cool instrumentation. One of the better trilogy songs definitely

wow, what an original joke. Haven't heard that 50 times before

Those 50 times were probably me too. Classics never die.

I still don't understand the love for that song at all.

It's catchy, and Billie's rehab incident gave it really good emotional context.

To be honest I always used to think it was overrated, but it is actually one of their best songs in my opinion

• Like 1

It's a shame it's too poppy for Insomniac (the music, that is, not the subject matter), because think of what a great lead single it would have been. Instead it's attached to a movie no one remembers. =/

Oh, what could have been...

To be honest I always used to think it was overrated, but it is actually one of their best songs in my opinion

I still think they should have released an album instead of three, and I think Lazy Bones should be one of the tracks on there.

• Like 1

Lazy Bones suffers from being on Dos. People who consider that to be one of Green Day's worst albums, including me, tend to overlook it. But as Lukie said above, it's a real hard-hitter in the context of rehab/Billie's problems.

I still don't understand the love for that song at all.

Yeah, but you dislike Longview so :unsure:

:P

• Like 3

Lazy Bones suffers from being on Dos. People who consider that to be one of Green Day's worst albums, including me, tend to overlook it. But as Lukie said above, it's a real hard-hitter in the context of rehab/Billie's problems.

Yeah, but you dislike Longview so :unsure:

Lazy Bones in a way is a song that benefited from Billie's rehab - the fiasco gave a whole new layer of meaning to the song. (State of Shock is another song that acquired a new depth in that context.)

Oh, and I think Dos also suffers not just from the filler material, but from being the second of a trilogy. People usually have a hard time dealing with the second installment of a trilogy because it's the 'middle'.

Oh, and I think Dos also suffers not just from the filler material, but from being the second of a trilogy. People usually have a hard time dealing with the second installment of a trilogy because it's the 'middle'.

It could have been The Empire Strikes Back--instead it was the Attack of the Clones to Uno's Phantom Menace. :P

• Like 1

Personally I don't dislike Dos because of where it is in the series, I dislike it because it's not very good.

• Like 2

To each their own, but I think Dos has some fantastic songs. Lazy Bones, Makeout Party, Stray Heart, and Ashley are some of my favorite songs from the trilogy. Not to mention Fuck Time is rather entertaining. I think some people are just not fans of the grittiness of the second album? Of course Nightlife was sorta strange, but I guess small things like that overshadow some of the good stuff.

In a way its a shame its not one album because the trilogy has some of Green Days strongest work in my opinion. Such as Brutal Love, X-Kid, Stay the night, Lazy Bones, Rusty james etc

• Like 2

It could have been The Empire Strikes Back--instead it was the Attack of the Clones to Uno's Phantom Menace. :P

No, stop :)

I just love the fact that some GD songs are easy enough for me to play along.. And It's sooo much fun.

I just love the fact that some GD songs are easy enough for me to play along.. And It's sooo much fun.

Not exactly the same, but I love that they're so easy to sing along with :lol:. So many bands sing too high or low for me to comfortably join in with but Billie's range is perfect.

• Like 3

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic