Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I just finished re listening to Demolicious for the second time. Is it just me or do some tracks seem like full band demos while others seem like something Billie did all on his when initially showing the band. Or am I just going insane? Seems like 2 distinctively different sounds on the album.

I just finished re listening to Demolicious for the second time. Is it just me or do some tracks seem like full band demos while others seem like something Billie did all on his when initially showing the band. Or am I just going insane? Seems like 2 distinctively different sounds on the album.

Naw just some songs were recorded at jingle town and some most likely were recorded at Billie's home studio save for stay the night acoustic which I'd bet money on it was recorded on Billie's iPhone using GarageBand or whatever

Naw just some songs were recorded at jingle town and some most likely were recorded at Billie's home studio save for stay the night acoustic which I'd bet money on it was recorded on Billie's iPhone using GarageBand or whatever

Ah I see thanks for the clarification.

I just read through Billie's twitter and I love all the information he gave about when songs were written and what he was thinking at the time. He needs to do more, I want info on every song! And he liked the Beastie Boys new record which I find lovely

I know! Shame idiots ruined it by giving him shit just for going to see a Lady Gaga show, stopping him wanting to read/respond to fans' tweets. Got some really cool info while it lasted though.

I know! Shame idiots ruined it by giving him shit just for going to see a Lady Gaga show, stopping him wanting to read/respond to fans' tweets. Got some really cool info while it lasted though.

is that real :o

sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with people. Not every artist arses to anwer to fans' tweets or even write their tweets personally...and then some idiots do something like that?

is that real :o

sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with people. Not every artist arses to anwer to fans' tweets or even write their tweets personally...and then some idiots do something like that?

Yeah he spoke to some fans with a camera phone outside the American Idiot musical about it, saying people were saying stuff like "fuck you" to him just because he likes Lady Gaga, and adding "I'm just a 39 year old man trying to have a good time" :lol:. And he mentioned he was getting sick of it to another fan who spoke to him around the same time as well. He stopped responding to fans on twitter right after that.

Yeah he spoke to some fans with a camera phone outside the American Idiot musical about it, saying people were saying stuff like "fuck you" to him just because he likes Lady Gaga, and adding "I'm just a 39 year old man trying to have a good time" :lol:. And he mentioned he was getting sick of it to another fan who spoke to him around the same time as well. He stopped responding to fans on twitter right after that.

that's complete stupidity :P why any fan of his should criticise what he listens to. People take music far too seriously sometimes :P

• Like 1

I fall under why should anyone care what anyone does? It doesn't effect you even if you don't approve. But obviously people give a shit or else bullshit like TMZ and other tabloids wouldn't exist.

No, Green Day is good pop punk and Blink-182 is horrible pop punk.

Damn those who invented the genre label punk :dry:

I absolutely despise them.

No, Blink-182 is good pop punk (still bad music though), and Green Day is not pop punk. Green Day's music no longer has any punk roots besides a few lyrical shout-outs like in Rusty James

No, Blink-182 is good pop punk (still bad music though), and Green Day is not pop punk. Green Day's music no longer has any punk roots besides a few lyrical shout-outs like in Rusty James

Green Day at their infancy were a pop punk band but yes they have broken free of the genre and are simply just a rock band with their roots in pop punk and alternative.

But for my money they've never made that theme sound more fun than in She's a Rebel.

Glad someone else appreciates that song! It's always been one of my favorites, and Mike's backing vocals are wonderful at the end!

• Like 2

Green Day Simpsons theme kicks ass. Loved the cameo at the start of the movie too. (Just rewatched it for the 4th or 5th time) Love the Simpsons so much.

Green Day Simpsons theme kicks ass. Loved the cameo at the start of the movie too. (Just rewatched it for the 4th or 5th time) Love the Simpsons so much.

Who doesn't love Simpsons? They are much better than Family Guy.

• Like 2

Who doesn't love Simpsons? They are much better than Family Guy.

Defiantly.

Same. Before it started, everyone told me not to join in with Billie Joe's "daa da da...". I did anyway.

Well, reaction of my friends, when Green Day died was: "Haha, they're dead, bitch."

Mike's lookin like he's letting himself go a bit I dont blame him though he's got alot on his plate right now *dont hurt me for this*

I watched the entire Jesus of Suburbia music video for what I think is actually the first time and I actually don't think it would've been so terrible if it wasn't for the cheesy emo acting/image. I like the concept... it just wasn't executed right, especially for such an epic song.

Also, never realized the girl is the same girl (in the same yellow dress) from the Whatsername video footage.

• Like 3

When we watched the Simpsons movie in school once everyone turned round and looked at me when green day died to see what my reaction was :lol:

I find that odd. I'm a pretty avid fan, but it's not like Green Day is part of my image. I can't imagine people associating Green Day with me. Seems bizarre.

I find that odd. I'm a pretty avid fan, but it's not like Green Day is part of my image. I can't imagine people associating Green Day with me. Seems bizarre.

Really? It happens to me all the time! I got like 5 text messages the day after iHeart Radio. :lol:

• Like 1

Who wants to be they'll be a live album coming out in the near future titled "Cinco" to further cash in on the trilogy.

Really appreciating Are We The Waiting lately...

Always was one of my favorites from AI often gets over shadowed.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic