Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I don't, just some rumors I've read.

Mmmkay, I'll stick with the official story then :D

The main thing is that there's no bad blood between them (anymore) and that they have a good relationship.

So it doesn't really matter :D It was long ago anyways.

(But that's a cool story you shared about the guy who met him :D that's awesome)

So... My brother was whining this morning because apparently, all I bought at Walmart was green apple koolade. And I told him green day koolade was superior, and only after did I realize I did not say green apple was superior... Too much Green Day this weekend. :P

And!... my newest high score this morning with 5520 and highest level is Uno.

• Like 2

Listening to Oh Love right now, for the first time in a long, long time..... I'm uh.... really liking it :lol:

Don't be shy, it's a cool song

• Like 2

Listening to Oh Love right now, for the first time in a long, long time..... I'm uh.... really liking it :lol:

Don't be shy, it's a cool song

Yeah, I remember when they released it and I was so pumped all day because it was the first new Green Day song I heard in years.

I listened to it for days and annoyed everyone with it because my favourite band was back. I still clearly remember the day they released it.

I hadn't been this happy in a long time

:wub:

I remember when it first came out - I was at school, distracted all day because I knew there'd be new Green Day when I got home. I got back as quickly as I could, my mum was stood in the doorway, and the following conversation took place:

Me: "How is it?"

My mum: "It's..alright."

Me: "...only...alright???"

My mum: "Yeah...the chords are exactly the same as All Right Now by Free, and some of Billie Joe's lead is...hmm."

The first few times I heard it I agreed, but it grew on me.

• Like 3

Oh Love isn't a BAD song as some make it to be but it was a bad first single if it wasn't the first single and was only an album track there'd be more "Oh Love is a good track"

• Like 1

The last few days have been a fucking roller coaster. All our emotions were stored up for years because nothing happened but then everything happened all at once and it all unloaded like fire works on New Year's Eve. And now it's over again.

tumblr_inline_mzk1vld0HD1qj3ir1.gif

• Like 3

Oh Love isn't a BAD song as some make it to be but it was a bad first single if it wasn't the first single and was only an album track there'd be more "Oh Love is a good track"

I'm not sure that I agree with this, maybe. The song is different, it is something that sticks out from the other songs on the radio. In the ny area it got tons of air play. Howard Stern used to talk about what a kick ass song it is. The thing is, what would you have released as a first single in its place? Maybe stay the night?

I can't believe I got to 21st Century Breakdown on the 2048 game by just spamming my keyboard not paying attention to what I was doing.

Edited by One Hot Minute

I'm not sure that I agree with this, maybe. The song is different, it is something that sticks out from the other songs on the radio. In the ny area it got tons of air play. Howard Stern used to talk about what a kick ass song it is. The thing is, what would you have released as a first single in its place? Maybe stay the night?

Stay The Night for first then Nuclear Family Let Yourself Go and Oh Love maybe but not as the first single

STN is a great song and has that GD feeling and Nuclear sounds like a 90s GD that older fans would've picked up on

• Like 2

Stay The Night for first then Nuclear Family Let Yourself Go and Oh Love maybe but not as the first single

STN is a great song and has that GD feeling and Nuclear sounds like a 90s GD that older fans would've picked up on

Ok I will agree on stay the night. It was the first I thought of when I looked at the album tracks. I'm not a huge fan of nuclear family, and I am the Dookie era. So I don't agree with that. Let yourself go I definitely don't agree with. That sing is so angry, but different than anything Billie has written in the past. It always seemed so personal to me. Like it was written about someone very close to him. That makes it very unappealing. What should have been released as a single is fell for you. It is peppy, silly and just downright fun. To this day, it is my "I need a pick me up song" I think it would have appealed to all ages. As much as I love oh love, I will agree that it should have been no higher than 3rd

Ok I will agree on stay the night. It was the first I thought of when I looked at the album tracks. I'm not a huge fan of nuclear family, and I am the Dookie era. So I don't agree with that. Let yourself go I definitely don't agree with. That sing is so angry, but different than anything Billie has written in the past. It always seemed so personal to me. Like it was written about someone very close to him. That makes it very unappealing. What should have been released as a single is fell for you. It is peppy, silly and just downright fun. To this day, it is my "I need a pick me up song" I think it would have appealed to all ages. As much as I love oh love, I will agree that it should have been no higher than 3rd

Not a huge fan of Nuclear either and I wouldn't say its a Dookie era id say a Nimrod era track if I had to pick

Only reason for LYG is because its a fast pump you up type track

Fell For You is good one of my favorites of Uno but I think most people would question the first two lines

Yeah, I wouldn't have Fell For You as a single - I like all of Tim's suggestions, but if we're set on not having Let Yourself Go then maybe Carpe Diem could work.

Not a huge fan of Nuclear either and I wouldn't say its a Dookie era id say a Nimrod era track if I had to pick

Only reason for LYG is because its a fast pump you up type track

Fell For You is good one of my favorites of Uno but I think most people would question the first two lines

Yes that is the one issue but once you get passed it the song kicks ass.

Yeah, I wouldn't have Fell For You as a single - I like all of Tim's suggestions, but if we're set on not having Let Yourself Go then maybe Carpe Diem could work.

I think nuclear family would work better than Carpe diem. But I think Carpe diem over let yourself go

• Like 1

If it was the Demoliscious version of Carpe Diem yes Uno one no lol

Definitely, Demolicious>album for everything.

• Like 3

I dunno I prefer the Uno version of STN over the demo (well the band version at least I love the acoustic) I wish they'd kept the bass opening of Baby Eyes

I dunno I prefer the Uno version of STN over the demo (well the band version at least I love the acoustic) I wish they'd kept the bass opening of Baby Eyes

STN is a closer call, definitely, but I think I still prefer the Demolicious version.

Except for Ashley, Stray Heart, Oh Love, and Makeout Party

• Like 1

Except for Ashley, Stray Heart, Oh Love, and Makeout Party

Stray Heart is a close one, but not the others. Definitely not Ashley, I don't like it on Dos but I can at least tolerate it on Demolicious.

Stray Heart is a close one, but not the others. Definitely not Ashley, I don't like it on Dos but I can at least tolerate it on Demolicious.

Really? The album version of Ashley is one of my favorites from the Trilogy (but I tend to like the less popular songs when it comes to the Trilogy, though)

On the topic of Demolicious, I'm kind of really glad that Fuck Time and Dirty Rotten Bastards didn't appear on there :ninja:

On the topic of Uno singles, I'd go with Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go, and Angel Blue

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic