Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

The original is way better tbh

lol eh, its alright. Im not really a fan of either of the versions tbh, billies voice sounds weirdly strained.

• Like 1

Tré is fucking sexy sometimes. (is that an unpopular opinion?.)

If it is it shouldn't be. More like all the time :wub:

• Like 1

So I was listening to the AAF cd today and it made me realize, Wake Me Up When September Ends and Good Riddance do not deserve their negative connotations. Now, I've really always believed that, but hearing the beautiful lyrics back to back on that CD made me realize how fucking poetic they are.

I mean in WMUWSE

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last

here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are

as my memory rests
but never forgets what I lost

those are some of the most timeless line they have in their catalog.

Then Good Riddance:

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,

I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

essentially I have to copy the whole song because its all incredible.

Take time to really read the lyrics, because I know most of us know em by heart but they are just so poetic and they can mean so many different things to so many different people and I find that to be incredible.

• Like 3

So I was listening to the AAF cd today and it made me realize, Wake Me Up When September Ends and Good Riddance do not deserve their negative connotations. Now, I've really always believed that, but hearing the beautiful lyrics back to back on that CD made me realize how fucking poetic they are.

I mean in WMUWSE

Summer has come and passed

The innocent can never last

here comes the rain again

falling from the stars

drenched in my pain again

becoming who we are

as my memory rests

but never forgets what I lost

those are some of the most timeless line they have in their catalog.

Then Good Riddance:

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road

Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

So make the best of this test, and don't ask why

It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,

I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind

Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time

Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial

For what it's worth it was worth all the while

essentially I have to copy the whole song because its all incredible.

Take time to really read the lyrics, because I know most of us know em by heart but they are just so poetic and they can mean so many different things to so many different people and I find that to be incredible.

I'm always kinda personally offended when someone dismisses "Good Riddance" on here. "Jesus of Suburbia" is unquestionably their best song, but "Good Riddance" is the one that will last forever in the hearts of listeners.

• Like 2

I'm always kinda personally offended when someone dismisses "Good Riddance" on here. "Jesus of Suburbia" is unquestionably their best song, but "Good Riddance" is the one that will last forever in the hearts of listeners.

Exactly! The song and lyrics are timeless. People dismiss it too often.

And agreed on JOS but you may already know that :P

• Like 1

So I was at pit rehearsal for the school musical and I was wearing a Green Day tshirt. This girl went "OMG I'm a hugggggeeeee Green Day fan.". Being skeptical since I've heard that line before and usually the only know like 21 guns, WMUWSE etc, I asked which songs. She went "Only their really old music.". I'm went, "Awesome, like 1039, kerplunk?". She looked at me like whats 1039 and keplunk and told me she like 21st CB. I was like, thats not old. Shes proceeded to tell me how 21stCB was really old cause GD "released a new album like a few months ago" and that "since those are like their only two albums or something it's really old". :ermm:

• Like 1

So I was at pit rehearsal for the school musical and I was wearing a Green Day tshirt. This girl went "OMG I'm a hugggggeeeee Green Day fan.". Being skeptical since I've heard that line before and usually the only know like 21 guns, WMUWSE etc, I asked which songs. She went "Only their really old music.". I'm went, "Awesome, like 1039, kerplunk?". She looked at me like whats 1039 and keplunk and told me she like 21st CB. I was like, thats not old. Shes proceeded to tell me how 21stCB was really old cause GD "released a new album like a few months ago" and that "since those are like their only two albums or something it's really old". :ermm:

yikes.

I'm embarrassed for her

:lol: Reminds me of the time I was doing a performance in my music class at school. It was 2006 and I was doing Sassafras Roots, so I took my copy of Dookie in with me. One of the girls in my class looked at it and said "Wow I'm a massive Green Day fan, why didn't I know they put a new album out?" I was like "Er, this was their third album..." and she said "Oh, I didn't realise they'd done another one since American Idiot." Seriously?

• Like 4

:lol: Reminds me of the time I was doing a performance in my music class at school. It was 2006 and I was doing Sassafras Roots, so I took my copy of Dookie in with me. One of the girls in my class looked at it and said "Wow I'm a massive Green Day fan, why didn't I know they put a new album out?" I was like "Er, this was their third album..." and she said "Oh, I didn't realise they'd done another one since American Idiot." Seriously?

I bet her favorite album was American Idiot on Broadway :P

• Like 1

I must be one of the few people who doesn't care when people only know Green Day's famous songs. Even if those people claim to be big fans.

• Like 2

I must be one of the few people who doesn't care when people only know Green Day's famous songs. Even if those people claim to be big fans.

I get excited when anyone knows anything by them. I don't really care if it's even just songs from the 90's.

• Like 4

I think the reason why I don't have any Green Day friends around me IRL is because whenever someone mentions as much as liking a song I get so excited I tend to scare them off completely.

Social skills are difficult.

I get excited when anyone knows anything by them. I don't really care if it's even just songs from the 90's.

Same here thinking about it. Even if people only know Basket Case, Bobd and 21 Guns, they can still be huge fans of those songs!

Same here thinking about it. Even if people only know Basket Case, Bobd and 21 Guns, they can still be huge fans of those songs!

Exactly! Not everyone has to know everything about or love everything about a band to enjoy them, there's nothing embarrassing about it. There's loads of songs I really love that are made by bands I don't know much else about. Or it might just be that they've only recently heard those songs and decided they love the band based on them and haven't had the chance to find out more yet. If they don't know they have more material then great! It's a good chance to recommend it to them. Being snobby about someone not happening to know everything about a band is far more embarrassing than not knowing about them.

• Like 1

I get really frustrated when I'm looking for stuff of the band at every store I go and there's absolutely NOTHING. At all. There are enough things of bands that aren't even that popular (on this side of the world) but no Green Day. Makes me mad. Especially now when I doubt I can buy any official merch anymore. :/

I'm getting excited about the new pictures will see from Australia.

Also, I was one of "those" people that didn't know very much about the band's music (Warning and Dookie and AI forward) until I joined GDC. Never had heard of FBHT's or the other side projects. Still felt like a pretty big fan though.

• Like 1

Yesterday I watched the videos on youtube from the show in australia in 2005 and I realised how awesome was (even with the bad quality). I think that was probably the best show of the American Idiot tour.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic