Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I watched Cuatro last night and it seriously touched me. The wall of memories compared with missing it all so much totally hit me at that moment.

Anytime I've showed one of my friends a live Green Day performance they always mention how they're one of the few bands who sound almost as good as the album.

Exactly this.

That is one of the reasons I love this band. They are wonderful live and so close to the original tracks. Not all bands can pull that off and its amazing!

• Like 3

Exactly this.

That is one of the reasons I love this band. They are wonderful live and so close to the original tracks. Not all bands can pull that off and its amazing!

Exactly this! aha. One thing I find pretty interesting is how they play a lot of songs faster when they play them live, but I've noticed that they usually play Going to Pasalacqua slower than the album version, but it works really well. Adds a lot of emphasis to the chorus and makes it more of a sing-along song. :happy:

Exactly this! aha. One thing I find pretty interesting is how they play a lot of songs faster when they play them live, but I've noticed that they usually play Going to Pasalacqua slower than the album version, but it works really well. Adds a lot of emphasis to the chorus and makes it more of a sing-along song. :happy:

a lot of bands play the songs faster so they can play more songs in a shorter period of time. :)

I really liked that bit in Cuatro where they have the hookers in the hotel room and Billie does a line of coke.

That was the worst part for me. :P

That was the worst part for me. :P

I watched it for the first time with Ceri and Paul, and she spent the whole time basically telling us to shut up. After that bit she basically gave up :P

I watched it for the first time with Ceri and Paul, and she spent the whole time basically telling us to shut up. After that bit she basically gave up :P

I see that picture right in front of me. :P

a lot of bands play the songs faster so they can play more songs in a shorter period of time. :)

Oh yeah I was discussing this with my brother the time he took me to see Green Day! They played St.Jimmy so fast, it looked like the people dancing were having a seizure. My brother's in a band and he said a lot of bands play songs faster live cause they're nervous, and also because of the reason you gave.

I really don't care for St. Jimmy live. I think when it's played so fast it loses its power.

It's the perfect speed on the album. The second half needs to be a bit slower to have the same stomping power. It definitely loses something when it's too fast. Plus Billie struggles to get the words out at that speed.

• Like 1

I really don't care for St. Jimmy live. I think when it's played so fast it loses its power.

Oh, seriously? For me it's the other way around. I think it's even more powerful live.

I love this performance of Letterbomb. Especially the bow at the end

This. For me it's my favourite TV performance they've ever done. :happy: They all just look so happy, and there's so much energy in the performance, especially at the end. Kind of rekindled my love for the song as well, which I loved anyway.

• Like 1

This. For me it's my favourite TV performance they've ever done. :happy: They all just look so happy, and there's so much energy in the performance, especially at the end. Kind of rekindled my love for the song as well, which I loved anyway.

It's one of my favorites. I still love this version of East Jesus Nowhere. Even though it seems a little stale because it's network TV and audience isn't even shown, they still play the song really well. I also love Letterman, so his comments at the end make me all warm and fuzzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olCb_4CMe1Y

• Like 2

It's one of my favorites. I still love this version of East Jesus Nowhere. Even though it seems a little stale because it's network TV and audience isn't even shown, they still play the song really well. I also love Letterman, so his comments at the end make me all warm and fuzzy.

My favorite EJN performance was the one at the VMAs. I loved seeing Billie run into the audience and then invite people on stage. Edited by lizziebix
Please don't requote videos. Thanks. :)
  • Like 1

That's an awesome one too, for a second I thought it was the version with Will Ferrel :lol: It's a shame we didn't get a Letterman performance this time around, although the reasons why are understandable of course. Hopefully next time will make up for it! :happy:

I'm honestly not seeing the comparison. Maybe I've just seen enough shitty Green Day videos to realize that the range of his vocals can vary enough that it doesn't even stick with me. Watching live videos from the last tour the thought never really crossed my mind "this sounds so much worse than the last tour". In my mind I think he sounded better during the AI tour. I'm 80% sure that's nostalgia for my first concerts though.

His breathing technique, range, accuracy, runs, were all so so far improved from the AI tour to the 21cb tour. Plus you include the fact that 21cb songs are far more technically difficult to sing, and it is clear to me which tour he was better on. I mean the note he hit in JOS on the AAF dvd at the end of City of the Damned was incredible.

And this is the Unpopular opinions thread with more fangirl-ing, really.

For some reason I keep getting the urge to sing "cut my hair" instead of "kiss me there" in Makeout Party. I also get an image of my grandpa singing it. My life is exciting.

• Like 1

Anyone else enjoy going onto the youtube videos of famous songs green day has covered (like a rolling stone, working class hero, a quick one, we are the champions i fought the law etc.) and reading the hate comments? I also have an exciting life.

• Like 1

For some reason I keep getting the urge to sing "cut my hair" instead of "kiss me there" in Makeout Party. I also get an image of my grandpa singing it. My life is exciting.

I always thought the lyrics in Warning went: Warning, live without borders, and now I know the real lyrics I think my version is better.

And also, in Stray Heart it really sounds like Billie sings I lost my whale baby, this stray heart in the first line. I can't unhear.

• Like 2

I always thought the lyrics in Warning went: Warning, live without borders, and now I know the real lyrics I think my version is better.

And also, in Stray Heart it really sounds like Billie sings I lost my whale baby, this stray heart in the first line. I can't unhear.

I lost my whale :lol: Now I'll never unhear it either! :lol:

• Like 1

There's a riff in Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker about 3:25 into the song, and it's basically the same as Makeout Party. I have no idea if Green Day is aware of this but now it bugs me anytime I hear Makeout Party.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic