Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

If I've learnt anything, it's that I need to stop forgetting Dos exists :lol: And that I'm in a minority.

• Like 1

I don't think I could pick a favorite. I like them all for different reasons. Uno has a lot of great songs, Dos is pretty good aside from Nightlife, and Tre is really good too.

• Like 1

As standalones, Dos is probably the best (I practically always listen to it from beginning to end) but as for my favorite songs, they lie mostly in Uno and Tré. There are songs I like so much over the others that I listen to each of them in a loop. My favorite album should be Tré as for the greater number of songs I love. Although I love the Uno vibes more the other two. Yeah, tough to decide! :P One thing is sure, they're better with the 3 of them, to be complementary

• Like 2

I don't really have a preference when it comes to the trilogy. If I simply go by how many songs I like on each album then Uno and Tré is equally good and Dos is the worst. 

¡Dos! is my favourite for sure. There isn't a song on it I dislike. Some of the concepts and lyrics are also great and get overlooked because it's the trilogy. It used to be the most hated, so I'm glad to see it getting some love now.

¡Tré! is my least favourite. I love the first five songs. Then I quite like Sex, Drugs & Violence, Amanda and I love 99 Revolutions and The Forgotten (though that might belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread :P). I don't hate Little Boy Named Train, Walk Away or Dirty Rotten Bastards, but I generally skip them, so it has the most songs I'm not bothered about. I still enjoy listening to both ¡Tré! and the entire trilogy in full, though.

Tré is probably my favorite out of the 3. I can listen to that one front to back with no skips. 

• Love 1

Dos all the way for me. It's the best album they've released since the 90s by an absolute landslide (except for maybe AI), there's not a single bad song on it and it's definitely a top 5 GD album. And although I do like quite a lot of the songs on Uno and Tre, they're still easily the two worst GD albums so it's really a no-brainer.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 12:17 AM, pouty bitch said:

Dos all the way for me. It's the best album they've released since the 90s by an absolute landslide (except for maybe AI), there's not a single bad song on it and it's definitely a top 5 GD album. And although I do like quite a lot of the songs on Uno and Tre, they're still easily the two worst GD albums so it's really a no-brainer.

Love Dos but but 21CB is GOLD.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:55 AM, maryjanewhatsername said:

Tré is probably my least favorite out of the 3. I can't listen to that one front to back with no skips.  I usually just repeat Brutal Love 5 times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I decided Going To Pasalacqua is a gay love song. 

Can this be the case :lol:

Uno is the most easily digestible for the public, but Dos is my favorite.  Glad to see more love for it.

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

27th Ave Serenade 

Your Foxies bias is showing here. ;)

• Like 2

@Hermione I'm laughing at how deeply we differ on Uno's strong/weak points. I love Carpe Diem, but Kill The DJ is... well, fine. Not terrible or even a song I skip, but it's not a standout :lol: I also love Little Boy Named Train!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

As if it wasn't already epic enough that this song has the phrase "what the hey!" in the chorus, now it can be a gay love song too

Dos is the best :wub:. Foxie vibes. It's hard to choose between Uno and Tre because both have some amazing songs and some more average ones. Tre has a more extreme really good vs average songs situation (eg best song on the trilogy Brutal Love and 27th Ave Serenade vs below average Little Boy Named Train and 99 Revolutions) and Uno has more really good songs and fewer average but not as extreme either way (eg awesome Kill the DJ and Fell For You vs average Carpe Diem and Oh Love). I think they work out as equal.

What the hey :lol:

Looks like we have similar taste in trilogy. You're right that Uno is more consistent but Tre has more oustanding highlights. It's hard to choose one or the other. The answer is skipping the less good parts :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Your Foxies bias is showing here. ;)

Omg :lol: 

Edit: Something really weird just happened with my post when I edited it to correct the song title where a screenshot of my current screen is inserted into it and I couldn't remove it. Probably dangerous for me to have admin powers :P. So I've had to delete it, it was this one: 

As if it wasn't already epic enough that this song has the phrase "what the hey!" in the chorus, now it can be a gay love song too

Dos is the best :wub: . Foxie vibes. It's hard to choose between Uno and Tre because both have some amazing songs and some more average ones. Tre has a more extreme really good vs average songs situation (eg best song on the trilogy Brutal Love and 27th 8th Ave Serenade vs below average Little Boy Named Train and 99 Revolutions) and Uno has more really good songs and fewer average but not as extreme either way (eg awesome Kill the DJ and Fell For You vs average Carpe Diem and Oh Love). I think they work out as equal.

• Like 1

This (although nothing to do with Green Day) just reminded me of the shameless double-standard far-right conservative idiots have with respect to bands such as Green Day "being political". I'm sick of hearing things like "stick to writing songs about weed and masturbation" or "stop being political", when the same people then go onto fawn and drool all over cringy conservative celebrities of all stripes. It makes my blood boil.

• Like 2

The last chords to Fell For You (that la-mi-la he plays is the end if I'm correct) made me think today of the end of Dry Ice, the way Billie goes with "come ease the pain that's in my heart" (even though there it's more like 4 notes than 3 but it contains these same 3). Maybe has to do with Dry Ice being one my fave early GD songs, with the other sappy songs written at that time lol. And FFY is :wub:

I can't explain why, but Jason with a tambourine will never not make me laugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I can't explain why, but Jason with a tambourine will never not make me laugh.

Jason singing and dancing “jumping jack flash” will never not make me laugh.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Jason singing and dancing “jumping jack flash” will never not make me laugh.

Agreed!  That's the best.

• Like 1

A completely random thought, I wonder what Billie would write if he had to do a CV. Maybe we can make one here? 

• Liam unpinned this topic