Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

23 hours ago, That Dude said:

So desperate to hear new Green Day, I came across this.  Don't know how I missed this, but it's got Tre Cool singing and hassling Hank Hill.   Kind of want to download these songs.   

"Thou Shalt Not" and "Fun Center!" 

What if THESE ended up on Album 13?   Perhaps as part of a 5 part song????????

Welp, I think I've officially heard everything the guys have ever done.    This was it.  The final frontier of Green Day. 

I always liked it because it reminds me of The Lookouts. Also the other band members are Billie and Mike but all you hear from them there is a laugh. They're in the episode a bit more (they have a paintball match against Hank and friends) but still Billie and Mike only say like two words between them in the entire thing for some reason lol

• Like 1

I just got through a whole 1 minute and 49 seconds of Last Ride In before I got too bored and had to skip it. Feeling quite proud of myself tbh.:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

I just got through a whole 1 minute and 49 seconds of Last Ride In before I got too bored and had to skip it. Feeling quite proud of myself tbh.:P

I usually only get about 3 bass notes in before I say "nope" :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

Hubby always says BJ was so stoned he forgot the lyrics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Insider said:

Hubby always says BJ was so stoned he forgot the lyrics.

Or drunk. No lie, he said Nimrod was a lyric nightmare and he regrets ever going into the studio without lyrics. It could have been one that he just didn’t bother. 

Just listened to Nimrod while cleaning the other day. LRI is the only one I skip immediately. 

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

One thing I will never understand is how come that Nimrod lyrics are so amazing when he said he churned them out in the studio just so that he'd have something so sing. He did so well with that album.

Because it may be a stressful way to do it but some people work better under pressure. Same thing happened with RHS when Butch Vig finally pushed him to write lyrics for it. They were 😲

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Because it may be a stressful way to do it but some people work better under pressure. Same thing happened with RHS when Butch Vig finally pushed him to write lyrics for it. They were 😲

It may be that an approaching deadline works for him. It definitely did with Nimrod. Oh god, yes. Butch should have got him a shrink afterwards lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It may be that an approaching deadline works for him. It definitely did with Nimrod. Oh god, yes. Butch should have got him a shrink afterwards lol

Just some rehab would have been fine. Can you imagine if he had gone back then? Would we even have the trilogy? 

30 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just some rehab would have been fine. Can you imagine if he had gone back then? Would we even have the trilogy? 

Could have spared him a lot of trouble. Yeah...maybe we still would but it wouldn't be the same for sure. For the better though. I doubt he would have written some of the lyrics or released it the way it is if he had been thinking clearly. Maybe there'd be no trilogy at all.

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

One thing I will never understand is how come that Nimrod lyrics are so amazing when he said he churned them out in the studio just so that he'd have something so sing. He did so well with that album.

Agreed.  I always laugh at that part in Cuatro, because I think Nimrod is their best album, lyrically speaking.

• Like 3

We know some of it was written in advance, the obvious example is Good Riddance but also Reject was pretty much just an adaptation of the letter he wrote to that fan's mother.

19 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

And we got bonus tracks.

17 hours ago, Montclare said:

lyrically speaking.

ooh unpopular opinion😕

19 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don't want a deadline this time - I want a fully realized/quality control album.  Id wait 10 years if it meant we didn't get a Youngblood on next album.

• Like 1

Which of the trilogy do you guys feel to be the strongest standalone? No amendments, just exactly as is. I always find myself gravitating towards Tre when I go to listen to any of them, and I never really spare any thought for Dos but I think it's more because it's in the middle than due to it being "worse" than Uno. If that makes sense.

Agreed, but god Nightlife drags this one down. There’s also a few other borderline cringy ones, but if you interpret them light-heartedly or from a “Billie Joe I’m drunk and just don’t give a shit Armstrong” then they’re alright. Some very strong tracks as well to balance the bill. I also do think it’s actually the least serious of the three, attitude wise (in kind of FBHT fashion) and that is something within the madness that is otherwise the trilogy, which I can somewhat respect. 

• Like 2

Y'all stand by Dos despite Nightlife, but I'm over here having to stand by Sex, Drugs & Violence 😬

• Sad 1

I'm in the minority and think Uno is the strongest of the trilogy with Dos as a close Dos.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I'm in the minority and think Uno is the strongest of the trilogy with Dos as a close Dos.

Yeah I think Uno is the strongest overall.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Dos, I listen to it the most. I'm a big FBHT fan so no surprise here.

Ditto

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic